so are we ready to shed millions? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so are we ready to shed millions?

This team isn't good at spending money, so I don't expect to reap the rewards after the upcoming yard sale.

This team isn't good at spending money, so I don't expect to reap the rewards after the upcoming yard sale.

Re-signing Jarvis Landry is probably the best thing we could do with that money, and it looks like the team isn't even willing to do that. I'm not sure who would be available in free agency that would actually be worth pursuing. I am a fan of Jimmy Graham, but not at the kind of salary he's going to command. I'd much rather just bring back Juice if we're going to break the bank for a receiving target.

i think the purge is coming 2019, not this offseason. hope im wrong.
In 2019 both Suh and Branches contracts are more reasonable in terms of cap saving, especially if Suh is designated as a post June 1st cut. I believe they’ll both be gone. As for 2018, I think it’s reasonable to think Pouncey and Tannehill will be asked to restructure. Not sure why they’d do that for Pouncey but apparently he’s a Gase favorite. Thomas was expected to be cut, but now there are rumblings his recent play may get him his final year on that contact. Timmons after his off field turmoil, I think is a no brainer, he’ll be cut. It’s looking like Anthony will get his shot next year. Money will be available in both 2018 and 2019, dependant on who they purge. But most of those names will still be here until 2019.

Re-signing Jarvis Landry is probably the best thing we could do with that money, and it looks like the team isn't even willing to do that. I'm not sure who would be available in free agency that would actually be worth pursuing. I am a fan of Jimmy Graham, but not at the kind of salary he's going to command. I'd much rather just bring back Juice if we're going to break the bank for a receiving target.
We don't like to keep our good draft picks outside of Jones, Tannehill and Pouncey, the latter two being heavily debated. So I fully expect Landry to be playing elsewhere.

Before he got injured, Gase saw the promised land with Tannehill. He's not going anywhere. Suh gives us brand recognition so neither is he. Pouncey could easily go. Ditto Thomas and Gray. Hopefully James will renegotiate.

Anyone who watched the backlash in New Jersey when McAdoo sat Eli has to realize that Wake needs to retire a Fin if for nothing more than PR.

FWIW I see that Shouright 's true colors are now shining through; it's obvious he tried to keep his OCD obsession with Tannehill under wraps since changing his IP to back door into FH. You know, the same obsession that got him kicked to the curb in the first place.

In 2019 both Suh and Branches contracts are more reasonable in terms of cap saving, especially if Suh is designated as a post June 1st cut. I believe they’ll both be gone. As for 2018, I think it’s reasonable to think Pouncey and Tannehill will be asked to restructure. Not sure why they’d do that for Pouncey but apparently he’s a Gase favorite. Thomas was expected to be cut, but now there are rumblings his recent play may get him his final year on that contact. Timmons after his off field turmoil, I think is a no brainer, he’ll be cut. It’s looking like Anthony will get his shot next year. Money will be available in both 2018 and 2019, dependant on who they purge. But most of those names will still be here until 2019.

You think tanny is gonna restructure after this year of garbage can worthy qb play?

Nope. And even more nope when his salary is a bargain by qb standards once the market flies off the handle for Kirk Cousins this offseason

You think tanny is gonna restructure after this year of garbage can worthy qb play?

Nope. And even more nope when his salary is a bargain by qb standards once the market flies off the handle for Kirk Cousins this offseason
I never said Tannehill will restructure, but I do believe they’ll ask him to. But if they throw guaranteed money on the table as part of the restructure, you never know?

I never said Tannehill will restructure, but I do believe they’ll ask him to. But if they throw guaranteed money on the table as part of the restructure, you never know?

If they do that they will be extending the cap commitment or implications

Right now they have a walk away after 2018 scott free.

But they are only gonna entertain that if he tears that knee again in 2018

Some of this is not real, but right now we have $16M in projected cap space in 2018:
Adding for fun:
Suh $4M
Tann $15M
Pouncey $7M
James $9.5M
Wake $8M
Timmons $1M
Thomas $6.5M
Larsen $1M
Gray $1M
Carroo $500K
Grant $500K

That's cap room of $71M. Based on who I cut, franchising Jarvis at$16M and getting a veteran qb at $20M. Could $35M be sepent to make this team competitive, knowing that more cuts can be made in 2019? Just remember the Eagles built their OL with three players making $500K-$1M each. Maybe they sign Jarvis to a long term deal and a qb to a more cap friendly deal

Here are my player boundaries.
Tannehill and Suh may restructure, but they WILL be back as starters.
Kiko and Branch will be back,
James and Pouncey may restructure, though I think both will be back, depending on play of their backups. I'm inclined both will restructure or be gone.
Wake may retire - he's not the same player, and his value in a trade is small.
Anyone in the $1mm or less group won't be cut for cap space.
Landry takes ~$10mm or he's gone.

Tannehill will be here in 2019, and FO should not look to FA for help at QB. If he checks out (hand size, off-field), Mayfield, if available, is my ideal pick in the 1st. Darnold is more of a gamble, imo, but he's also worth the risk.

I don't know if Browning will declare, but if he does, I'd like him for Miami in the 4th. I'd advise Browning to return - needs more bulk. But, he's smart, accurate, and he does the little things well. Arm strength is less than ideal but not as bad as advertised.

Woodside is the guy I like late (5th-7th). Love his command of the offense, love how decisive and aggressive he is, and accuracy is a major plus. He's not especially fast, but he's very quick, and he's accurate while taking hits - see the Miami game. He should have been invited to the Senior Bowl (along with Ferguson, who I also like late but expect to go earlier).

If they bring in Manning it'd be the dumbest move. T-dumb said we were going to build thru the draft and that has been a lie. You don't give away picks when you're building thru the draft. You also don't build by bring a QB that should be about to retire

Ozzy rules!!

I would think the prime candidate for a restructure would be suh.

Pouncey prime candidate for a pay cut but I’m doubting it

If tanny takes a cut it will be cause he wants to do the team a favor coming off missing the entire season but if you ask his agent that answer would be no.

And Miami would have no leverage given how bad the qb play has been this year and neither option is a 2018 plan a consideration

Back
Top Bottom