so are we ready to shed millions? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so are we ready to shed millions?

Brother Awsi you do realize this is the main forum on basically a fan site right ? Probably not the place for pros only. Instead of shooting down the fans that only come here to root for their teams I have an idea.
If you guys actually want to get into in depth football discussions I suggest the VIP section which will only cost you $20 a year , a paltry sum for people who must be making good money off their vast football knowledge and superior odds making abilities.
LOL

How are you getting $16 million in projected cap space? According to Sportrac.com we have an estimated cap space of $6 million with 41 players under contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/cap/2018/

Sportrac cap space figure for 2018 is based on the salary cap remaining the same as it was in 2017 ($167M), and we know that assumption is not correct. Every year the salary cap goes up. It went up $12M last year, and if it goes up the same this year, we are looking at about $17M of cap space next year before we make cuts.

Some of this is not real, but right now we have $16M in projected cap space in 2018:

I would cut these guys even if there were no cap savings. They could be cut on performance alone:

Pouncey $7M
James $9.5M
Thomas $6.5M
Larsen $1M
Gray $1M
Grant $500K

I don't know why you bother. You are light years above these guys, and their Happy Adjuster subjective biased fluff.

When did Finheaven get rid of the thumbs down button? Because this post is a garbage as they get. I've done regression analysis almost all of my professional life, and I've never seen more bogus modeling that the ones put out by Shouright, yet you defend his garbage. I begged Shouright to send me his regression inputs and he refused...want to know why? They were fake.

I don't care if you trust me or not, because here are some facts about your previous stint on this message board:

A) You exploited a forums loophole to prevent posters critical of your arguments from being able to rebut them in your threads,

B) You admitted to fabricating statistics in order to try to troll the forum, and

C) You argued that Andy Dalton was a really good quarterback because he had good efficiency stats that one year.

If you don't appreciate my opinions on NFL quarterback play, that's great. I wouldn't have it any other way.

D) Davone Bess...

So you're cutting Suh and Tannehill but then you're getting a veteran QB for 20mill?
why are you cutting Carroo when he doesn't even cost anything? and you're giving our slot WR 16mill?

Ozzy rules!!
well I am changing it up a bit. Been mediocre for 25 years. Sorry if I want to reward the heart of this offense in Landry. This is not a rebuild project. I have left the core WRs, LBs and Secondary alone. This team lacks personnel in the trenches, that's where the resources have to go.

Me either. If we want to go after someone who is a vet at least have the decency to suggest a guy like Alex Smith.

If Alex Smith could sustain the level of play he's exhibiting this year, which is debatable, he'd be a marked improvement as well.

Some folks here are worse capologists than what we currently have. That's bad.

Pouncey $7M
James $9.5M
Wake $8M
Timmons $1M
Thomas $6.5M

Theses are the 5 guys I would strong consider cutting.
Guys like Thomas and Pouncey I would just cut and hope for the best with the new guy.
James is still in the air depending how Davis does out there to finish the year.
Timmons would just depend on how FA/draft goes. Same with Wake.

I would cut these guys even if there were no cap savings. They could be cut on performance alone:

Pouncey $7M
James $9.5M
Thomas $6.5M
Larsen $1M
Gray $1M
Grant $500K
Through Kiko in their too.

If Alex Smith could sustain the level of play he's exhibiting this year, which is debatable, he'd be a marked improvement as well.
I like Alex Smith, he's done a good job the last couple of years in KC.

Reactions: <O>
Back
Top Bottom