So did we sign our practice squad players to the regular roster? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So did we sign our practice squad players to the regular roster?

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
After the season ended, teams usually sign players to "future" contracts including practice squad players. I haven't heard or seen anything yet. Does anyone know if we signed these players to bring to the off-season program/camps or not??

Do teams still have practice squads after their season ends? I dont think there is a limit to the team's roster now(or at least not a 53 man limit), so I think the practice squad is irrelevant. Am I wrong?

Do teams still have practice squads after their season ends? I dont think there is a limit to the team's roster now(or at least not a 53 man limit), so I think the practice squad is irrelevant. Am I wrong?

After the season ends there is no roster limit. Only when training camp begins, the roster can have no more then 80 players. When the season ends, the practice squad players are technically free agents unless re-signed to the regular roster. I have not heard if we re-signed any of the practice squad guys. Guys like 6th round pick Lex Hilliard for one.

Back
Top Bottom