So does it really matter who the head coach is? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So does it really matter who the head coach is?

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Really? If Belecheat didnt have Brady would he be the guru that he is? How about Green Bay with Rogers. Look no farther than THe Colts. A monkey could coach that team with Manning at QB but guess what happens when he isnt the QB? Look at Houston after Scawab (sp) went down. Chicago after Cutler went down. Look at New Orleans!!!!! It's all about the Quarter Back. A 5 year old could be wearing the headset as long as the QB kicks A SS!!!

First of all Belecheat won 11 games in this division without Brady, and if you don't have one of the few top qb's, the head coach sure the hell does matter, and guess what, we don't have one. Get a good head coach in here ASAP !!!

As important as the QB is, as all Dolfans know, don't underestimate the importance of the HC.

Teams rarely win the Super Bowl without a good quarterback but they also rarely win without a good coach. They go hand in hand.

The 49ers are a perfect example of effective coaching without a QB.

I would say having a great QB is more important in winning that having a great Head Coach....the best example of this is the Indianapolis Colts with Peyton Manning. Everyone can see what the Colts are like without him. But I think having a well balanced team with good players on both sides of the line is what separates the SB winners from the good but not great teams. The coach is kind of like the maestro of a symphony orchestra.....it can still work without the maestro running things but you need a good head coach to bring it all together.

You do have coaches like George Seifert who looked great while coaching the 49ers, and then he went to Carolina and couldn't win anything. I think Bill Parcells is another coach who was also highly overrated. You definitely need the talent to win, but I think the best coaches know how to put together the right players for their system. I don't like Bellicheat much, but he is able to bring players into their system and make it work. Same with Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh.

Back
Top Bottom