So for all those that don't want to pick a QB with the #2... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So for all those that don't want to pick a QB with the #2...

islandah

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
So for all of you that don't want to take a qb due to the perceived value of Rodgers and Smith, that must mean that you believe that
A) AJ Feeley is our franchise qb of the future, no doubt about it
B) AJ deserves a chance and if he fails, we'll be able to pick up a better qb next year(with most likely a lower pick) and wait for him to develop another year
C) Same as above, but we can find our qb of the future via FA, sitting on someone else's roster (a la AJ Feeley),
or
D) QB is an overrated position and we can do just fine with our avg backup qbs as long as we have a dominant RB/WR/Oline/system

I'm curious which of these you believe to be the case, or is there an option I've not considered?

islandah said:
or
D) QB is an overrated position and we can do just fine with our avg backup qbs as long as we have a dominant RB/WR/Oline/system

I agree with D...Is AJ Feely that worse than Brad Johnson who won a super bowl..

all i want him to do is a manage a game.....don't make stupid decisions.....and let the playmakers play!

if i had to pick one id say B... but i think we are not a QB away from a championship... a QB is just another cog in the puzzle, so we need to build around the QB position because we potentially have a QB that can be our franchise guy... its just like if we drafted a QB we'd biuld around him and give him a chance right? or would you wanna dump him after half a season of poor play?

dodge said:
"B" imo the best scenario.

So basically, you're willing to bet essentially the next 2 seasons (AJ trial season, then rookie developmental season) on AJ being an overlooked talent? You've got a lot more faith than I do.

D. we can do just fine with Frerotte, not feeley though. Hes awful

B.......

I also don't want to draft a qb b/c I am not overly impressed with either and we should do just as well drafting someone later.

B) AJ deserves a chance and if he fails, we'll be able to pick up a better qb next year(with most likely a lower pick) and wait for him to develop another year

I agree with the 2nd half of B!

I dont think that A.J. deserves another chance but we'll give him one so it doesnt look like we just flushed a 2nd rounder down the toilet!

BenchFiedler said:
I agree with D...Is AJ Feely that worse than Brad Johnson who won a super bowl..

Yes Feeley is worse than Brad Johnson - who won a Super Bowl a few years ago. He is definetly worse than the Brad Johnson that won the SB. Age has caught up with Johnson now, but I still think he is no worse than Feeley.

(B) Also for me, the Kid can make some throws that other QB's in the league can't. Maybe Linehan can help him the way he helped Culpepper.

We spent a 2nd on him, we are reworking the team. At the least we can give him a fair shot and see what he has got. Could turn out very good for us, yet it might not. Only one way to find out though.

islandah said:
So for all of you that don't want to take a qb due to the perceived value of Rodgers and Smith, that must mean that you believe that
A) AJ Feeley is our franchise qb of the future, no doubt about it
C) Same as above, but we can find our qb of the future via FA, sitting on someone else's roster (a la AJ Feeley),
or

I'm curious which of these you believe to be the case, or is there an option I've not considered?

See this where you dont understand the philosophy. It is not that we are against a qb #2, it is that there isnt a Manning, Elway, Aikman, Carr, Palmer type that you take no matter what. That is why I like the approach Saban is using, he is evluating qb vs rb and determing what 2 picks in what order, qb then rb vs rb then qb gives us teh best talent to help this club. If Saban thinks qb then rb is teh way to go, then I will be happy with it, because he has evaluated it from every angle. If he goes rb then qb, then it means he believes he can get a qb after rd 1 that is more potential than the rb he would get at that spot and teh rb in rd 1 is more competent at that pick than the qb. WHat I argue is that the qb position in this draft isnt as deep as past years and there is no prospect that says that is teh pick regardless of need as well as what can be had later. You dont factor anything in if an Elway or Manning is there this year, you take him because his value dictates that, it is a once in a decade or 2 decades opportunity. These 2 qbs dont give that grade.

Now with Rodgers, I believe you qb then rb because Rodgers plus a Fiason gives you better value. But in teh case of Smith, I believe a combo of R Brown and Mcpherson is a better value.

Shifty187 said:

I dont think that A.J. deserves another chance but we'll give him one so it doesnt look like we just flushed a 2nd rounder down the toilet!

You may be right about giving AJ another chance. But it will be more out neccesity than because of the fact that we spent a 2nd rounder on him. Saban is willing to take his time building this team. He may surprise and pick a QB. But I don't think Saban is convinced either one of the two highly touted QBs are worth #2 this year. I'll be very shocked if he selects one. It's more likely that we will choose one in the 3rd or 4th round.

LoL surrounding Feeley with playmakers wont do anything just look at Joey Harrington and Patrick Ramseys. Id rather have it the other way around Qb that makes every1 else look good Like Tom Brady or Mcnabb.

Shifty187 said:

Why doesn't he a least deserve another shot? He did show some improvement at the end of the year.

Saban won't put feeley in b/c they spent a 2nd rder on him last year. If he shows his worth he will.

Back
Top Bottom