so how do we beat the Pats? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so how do we beat the Pats?

Certainly not impossible but very difficult. Here's my thoughts

1) Control the clock. Which means a grind it out kind of game. Keep the ball mostly on the ground
2) No T/O. It's hard enough beating the Patriots fairly so no giving them the ball off T/O
3) No easy points/big gains. You have to limit those big gains. I'm talking to you in the secondary!!
4) Make Bardy uncomfortable in the pocket.

^^^If we're able to accomplish half of these then you're looking at a 20-17 type game vs. a 36-10 kinda game.

Get a lead and turn the dogs loose. The key to me is the OL. They looked pretty good versus a tough Denver defense. The second issue is getting the young corners to play confidently versus the Pats.

We have to win on 3rd down on both sides of the ball. Something we have found difficult this season. Offense needs to get to and convert third and short. Defense has to get off the field on 3rd and long.

Need to play clean too. Don't let the zebras move the chains for the Pats.

Get a lead and turn the dogs loose. The key to me is the OL. They looked pretty good versus a tough Denver defense. The second issue is getting the young corners to play confidently versus the Pats.
Keep on mind that defense was missing 3 starters and Miller got hurt in the game too. Will not be as easy against the pats

Ozzy rules!!

We have to win on 3rd down on both sides of the ball. Something we have found difficult this season. Offense needs to get to and convert third and short. Defense has to get off the field on 3rd and long.

Need to play clean too. Don't let the zebras move the chains for the Pats.
I agree to a point but what would really help our offense would be to win on FIRST and SECOND down. It's hard to win on 3rd down when you're 3 and 10 all the time. As far as our defense, yes, we need to do a much better job on 3rd down which won't be easy this week. The pats actually have a QB while Denver didn't. We have to win the turnover battle and the TOP but that's going to be hard too as our running game is very inconsistent. I can see Drake breaking a long run but really what we can use is for the running game to be steady instead of no gain, no gain, no gain and all of a sudden he breaks a long run and then back to no gain and on and on

Ozzy rules!!

We go into hibernation until Brady, Belichek and the entire Dolphins FO and coaching staff retires and then when we wake up, we hope we have an offense that can score points and a LB who can tackle.

Send Gronk a bunch of WWE videos the weeks leading up to the game

or

Sneak a bunch of processed sugar into Brady's morning avocado kale puree soup.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer but we could play them 16 times this season and we’d be 0-16. They are too good for us without competent QB play.

Patriots always do the short passes against us to make sure the Dline doesn't have enough time to get to Brady...Our CB's need to step up on Monday.

First get team to understand these 2 RB's are very stoppable. Don't be afraid of them and try and overreact with some elaborate scheme to stop Eric Dickerson and Adrian Petersen. Just look at the history of the players. very stoppable
press coverage on WR's and blitz Brady a lot hitting him. So what if we give up big plays. Have been doing that anyway. At least hopefully hitting Brady at very least.
Use FB with Drake no running from shotgun
Move the pocket here and tehre and no bubble screens. Slants and crossing patterns instead.
Feed Drake maybe try Parker in slot
Lol you know Miami won’t do any of this

Suh is disappointed Gronk is out, he was looking forward to being the 2nd dirtiest player on the field.

HAHA, I've fed that one to a few over sensitive Pats fans and they hate it. It's funny how sensitive they are when all they have to do is talk about SB's to shut me up. They just truly believe in the Patriot way being more righteous than everybody else which is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom