So How Many Of You Still Wanted A Qb In Round 1???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So How Many Of You Still Wanted A Qb In Round 1????

You know the other team has to agree to the trade, right?

Obviously. In my scenario the Cardinals are 0-6 and ready to rebuild. Draft picks and younger players are what they need.

Peterson and Jones won't be around for most of Rosen's tenure.

Tannehill practically gave this game away. With int in the endzone ran back we got lucky the field was wet and he slipped or else its a tie game and over time at end.....Get it through your thinck head. We are not going anywhere with tannehill.

Trust me he will find a way to stink it up at the end......And with all these been said i wish i were wrong and tannehill was a superstar. But he is not even close.

we barely beat a depleated titans team.

Tannehill practically gave this game away. With int in the endzone ran back we got lucky the field was wet and he slipped or else its a tie game and over time at end.....Get it through your thinck head. We are not going anywhere with tannehill.

Trust me he will find a way to stink it up at the end......And with all these been said i wish i were wrong and tannehill was a superstar. But he is not even close.

Thank you. It's said and done now. Tannehill sucks and always will.

Thinking it so doesn't make it so. Gase didn't have a choice between Mayfield, Darnold or Fitz.

I'm not arguing against Miami's picking Minkah. I love the pick. If he stays relatively injury free and Miami reverses course of their foolish pattern of letting talent leave at the end of their rookie contract he'll go down as Miami's best DB all-time.

The QB position is just to important. Easily the most influential position in determining the outcome of games. In my opinion if a team doesn't have a top 10 talent at the position and has the opportunity to get a player who checks all the boxes of being one that team should take the shot.

I agree with this, but I don't think that Darnold is a can't miss prospect nearly as much as Fitz is.

Some people talk crap thinking we are going to go somewhere with a crappy qb in tannehill.......

I don't know, looks like we're 9-1 in the last ten games he's started. Looks to me like the team is trending in the right direction with this HC and Coach combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people talk crap thinking we are going to go somewhere with a crappy qb in tannehill......

You my friend are sadly mistaken. Is Tannehill not allowed to be slightly rusty for all of the time off that he had? Do you not think that with practices going forward and game action that his accuracy and game management will not improve? The Dolphins are all in with #RT17 so get used to it or hand in your fan card (sadly). I'm of the mindset that RT will only get better as the year progresses. Who's with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Minkah and have said he is Miami's best pick since JT, but would take Mayfield or Darnold over him in a heartbeat.

We didn't need a QB, we also didn't want to waste another season and a half of grooming a rookie QB.

Minkah has great play making skills in his veins a good mindset for the game looks to be a great character guy. All you can ask for.

I cant wait till he has "That Game" the 3 picks / a sack and a half a dozen pd along with 5 tackles game. They happen once in a DB's career and with Minkah it may be sooner than later and more than once.

Tannehill will get us as far as the team can go. If we drop, it’s not gonna be his fault. Not entirely, although he is reponsible for NEs win yesterday, as well as the Titans KO return (according to several people who think they understand the game of football). Ah, the hell with it. Everything is his fault.

Make it through this year for better or worse. Then draft a QB and cut bait with the others we have. Start grooming the new guy up.

I think its time the fans started to appreciate the front office. The draft, free agent signings, the players released or traded, were all terrific moves. I would have liked Rosen and Gase likely did too but not moving up and picking Minkah was terrific. Love the moves.

If Fitzpatrick & Tannehill played average and we lost and a "Tannehater" made this thread proclaiming we should have took a QB. He would be getting reamed by everyone. The phrase of the day would have been it's only 1 game, it's too early to judge.

Tannehill played exactly like anyone should expect. Made some nice throws, made some bad throws and overall was conservative. Quarterback rating was average. Just looked at ESPN rankings and they have him as the 20th best QB in week 1 with 4 QBs yet to play. The attitude I have is that I am grateful we won the first game and we will improve. At this point in time that's all that matters.

We have 1 win guys...let's relax. Still 16 weeks to go. Settle down.

Back
Top Bottom