So How Many Of You Still Wanted A Qb In Round 1???? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So How Many Of You Still Wanted A Qb In Round 1????

after watching him make plays near the LOS yesterday, im happy to have him on the field wherever he gets.

wonderful instincts and technique.
completely agree. So happy we drafted him . During the broadcast , Cris Carter was saying he talked to Coach Gase & Gase said he'd be a Defensive captain if he wasn't a rookie. Thats a big time compliment & he's only gonna get better!

Thinking it so doesn't make it so. Gase didn't have a choice between Mayfield, Darnold or Fitz.

I'm not arguing against Miami's picking Minkah. I love the pick. If he stays relatively injury free and Miami reverses course of their foolish pattern of letting talent leave at the end of their rookie contract he'll go down as Miami's best DB all-time.

The QB position is just to important. Easily the most influential position in determining the outcome of games. In my opinion if a team doesn't have a top 10 talent at the position and has the opportunity to get a player who checks all the boxes of being one that team should take the shot.

His opinion is just as valid as yours.

I don't know if Tannehill is better than Mayfield and Darnold will ever be but I know he's better than they are now. Gase bet the ranch that Tannehill would play well and stay healthy, so far, so good.

Tannehill practically gave this game away. With int in the endzone ran back we got lucky the field was wet and he slipped or else its a tie game and over time at end.....Get it through your thinck head. We are not going anywhere with tannehill.

Trust me he will find a way to stink it up at the end......And with all these been said i wish i were wrong and tannehill was a superstar. But he is not even close.

we barely beat a depleated titans team.

9-1 in his last 10 games.

Think maybe the wet conditions effected both teams??? Nooo.

Thinking it so doesn't make it so. Gase didn't have a choice between Mayfield, Darnold or Fitz.

I'm not arguing against Miami's picking Minkah. I love the pick. If he stays relatively injury free and Miami reverses course of their foolish pattern of letting talent leave at the end of their rookie contract he'll go down as Miami's best DB all-time.

The QB position is just to important. Easily the most influential position in determining the outcome of games. In my opinion if a team doesn't have a top 10 talent at the position and has the opportunity to get a player who checks all the boxes of being one that team should take the shot.

Most everyone would agree with your last paragraph. The fact that our FO has not done just that shows, imo, that they believe they have one in Tannehill. You may disagree, but they're the ones putting their paychecks on the line for it

It should come as no secret that I'm a staunch Tannehill supporter.

However, I was all for drafting Mayfield before the run on his hype as someone who exudes both the "It" and "Get It Done Factors" and then let the best QB win.

Beyond that because of his knee I was also fine with drafting Rudolph in the second or preferably the 3rd had he fallen. However with hindsight being the proverbial "20/20" I'm glad to have the potential of Gesicki over Rudolph and passing on Minkah for anyone other than Mayfield would IMO remorsefully be looked back upon as an Aaron Rodgers/Drew Brees type colossal screw-up.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this thread, so I can say that the people who disliked this pick because they wanted Lamar "47%" Jackson are morons.
We have someone on here who advocates not going against overwhelming odds of past occurrences. (Maybe or maybe not to a fault but that's for another discussion.) Well the odds of a QB who scored 13 or less developing into a franchise QB by most definitions is 0.0% And that's with over 40 or more QBs since the Wonderlic was first administered. I'd have been all for taking him if he lasted til the 3rd round - but then of course we wouldn't have Baker who looks like a keeper!

Tannehill practically gave this game away. With int in the endzone ran back we got lucky the field was wet and he slipped or else its a tie game and over time at end.....Get it through your thinck head. We are not going anywhere with tannehill.

Trust me he will find a way to stink it up at the end......And with all these been said i wish i were wrong and tannehill was a superstar. But he is not even close.

we barely beat a depleated titans team.

If anyone every wonders why we have so many members who joined a long time ago with very little post history....this is why. It's because we get gems like this when they finally crawl out of their football genius basement to bless us with a post.

Head back down now and we'll see you in 6 years. Thanks

If Fitzpatrick & Tannehill played average and we lost and a "Tannehater" made this thread proclaiming we should have took a QB. He would be getting reamed by everyone. The phrase of the day would have been it's only 1 game, it's too early to judge.

yes, and that phrase would be 100% correct.

No argument against that. I think if a team has a chance to take a QB with the potential to be top 10 at that position they should take it.
I just didn’t feel like there was any qb without some warts (that we had a chance to draft) in this last draft.

What's ironic with his post is 'Tannehill got lucky the field was wet and the defender slipped' BUT it was intercepted because the ball was wet and Gesicki slipped.

Exactly. Too many see what they want to just for the sake of shitting on the team. We get it, your life sucks. Thanks for bringing it to the forums with you.

I saw an improved OL and a strong running game. This should bode well for Ryan going forward. The long pass to Still was a beauty however he still needs to clean up the picks to get where we want to go.

We have someone on here who advocates not going against overwhelming odds of past occurrences. (Maybe or maybe not to a fault but that's for another discussion.) Well the odds of a QB who scored 13 or less developing into a franchise QB by most definitions is 0.0% And that's with over 40 or more QBs since the Wonderlic was first administered. I'd have been all for taking him if he lasted til the 3rd round - but then of course we wouldn't have Baker who looks like a keeper!

I think Darnold's going to be good, sadly. I think Allen is interesting and if anyone but Buffalo had drafted him, I'd be very bullish on his potential. Rosen, I'm not sure. I really liked him when he basically said he wouldn't sign with Cleveland (smart kid), and he throws the ball very well, but I think questions about his durability are legit. Aaron Rodgers is that kind of guy -- more easily injured than most -- but he mostly gets away with it because of his exceptional elusiveness.

I think Lamar Jackson is YEARS away from being a functional NFL quarterback and would be a horrible fit for the Dolphins on top of it. And fit matters. Look at Tennessee, Mariota is a horrible fit for what they're doing. LaFleur wants him throwing with anticipation into tighter windows, and that's not where Mariota is going to shine. Mariota is going to be at his best when he has easy reads, larger windows, and room to move. He needs a Darrell Bevell type of offense.

Back
Top Bottom