So is Surtain Staying? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So is Surtain Staying?

nando03

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I just finished reading an article about a benefit that JT had, and there is an interesting line in there. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, maybe not. I want peoples opinions of this line in the PBP today.

"Sunday's golf tournament, which followed a dinner and auction at Parrot Jungle Island in Miami, benefited the Jason Taylor Foundation, Holtz Children's Hospital and Take Stock in Children, and featured Dolphins Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, Kevin Carter and Zach Thomas. Saban attended the dinner."

Here is the link to read it yourself.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/04/12/a3b_dolphins_0412.html

you are reading too much into it...

he IS a Dolphin, I doubt he will come April 24th, whether he gets dealt before or on the Saturday of the draft (April 23rd) I don't know, but I think he will get traded.

I know he is a Dolphin, but it seems like he could be a Fin for longer just like Kevin Carter is there and he is a fresh Fin. You know? I know they are all friends, but it could be that he feels like he might stay one more year.

He's getting traded to KC. They're just posturing back and forth. In the end, I believe they'll give us a #2.

phunwin said:
He's getting traded to KC. They're just posturing back and forth. In the end, I believe they'll give us a #2.

Yeah it would be nice to get a 2nd for him from KC. Pat's a classy guy and I doubt he would not have gone had he said he told JT he would go. Its just that Kevin Carter was there and it seemed like maybe Pat could be staying. You guys are right, I'm sure in the end he will be a Chief.

I really wouldn't be suprised if the trade didn't happen right up until the chiefs are on the clock for the 46th pick,

Pat Surtain will be traded on draft day which will set into motion a ton of movement by the Miami Dolphins. By gaining that 2nd rounder, they will trade out of the 2, picking up more valuable picks along the way. I can't wait!! :)

More Picks and More Room to sign new "Saban" Players !!!

finsnchips said:
you are reading too much into it...

he IS a Dolphin, I doubt he will come April 24th, whether he gets dealt before or on the Saturday of the draft (April 23rd) I don't know, but I think he will get traded.
i agree ..... besides who could resist a round of golf and a few beers? :D

the article just proves that Pat is a classy guy who is still very much active in his community. If it was another player he would probably not attend any local community functions as this, heck he hasnt even demanded a long term deal or threats of sitting out like other cry babies in the league. But Pat being Pat he still attends instead of getting ready for the inevitable move.

nando03 said:
I just finished reading an article about a benefit that JT had, and there is an interesting line in there. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, maybe not. I want peoples opinions of this line in the PBP today.

"Sunday's golf tournament, which followed a dinner and auction at Parrot Jungle Island in Miami, benefited the Jason Taylor Foundation, Holtz Children's Hospital and Take Stock in Children, and featured Dolphins Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, Kevin Carter and Zach Thomas. Saban attended the dinner."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/04/12/a3b_dolphins_0412.html
Your reading WAY too into it. He is still a fin and he's been playing with these guys his whole career, im sure they are good friends off the field. Just because he is on the trading block means he isnt going to cut off all social events with his friends until he is traded.

nando03 said:

It also said that Mike Vrabel & Chris McCallister were there too....are they getting traded to Miami? It was just a golf tournament.:rolleyes:

DreamWeaver said:
It also said that Mike Vrabel & Chris McCallister were there too....are they getting traded to Miami? It was just a golf tournament.:rolleyes:

The way personnel has been moving around the NFL the last couple of years...you never know. :wink:

:lol:

Surtain to Chiefs for the round 2 pick which we will buy either E James or S Alexander.
Our round 1 pick will grab Edwards the WR, and our number 3 McPherson the Fla st QB.
I Wish

Back
Top Bottom