So Kiper said “Dolphins crushed it?” | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Kiper said “Dolphins crushed it?”

I feel in this draft the Dolphins got quality as opposed to quantity. The two first rounders and OT in the second should start immediately with Holland close behind them

I would like to point out that we were heavy with 1st & 2nd round picks ( 2 each round with one early each round ).

That's much better then being heavy with late round picks.

It’s all in their deliveries and how they seem to wanna drive their narrative home. I get the excitement from some posters and I love it, it’s the I know more than you do about this player or that player and that’s why we won the draft crap that’s annoying
I'm more annoyed at those who claim we completely fumbled this draft and throw around, 'dolphins gonna dolphins', like they're better GMs than our ACTUAL GM. But those same posters seem to trash the team no matter what happens.

If you've watched the draft over a few years you realize you can't put too much stock into what guys like Kiper say. You can go back and see the lavish praise they put on horrendous busts.
It is rare to see universal praise from these guys, though. Definitely feels good to hear but we all know the true answers come in a couple years.

Not sure how we killed it when these guys haven’t even played a down yet. Killed it because we drafted our needs? Well then ok, not that hard to do

True.

I see it in a very positive light.

I expect that this season will be fun and a lot of that will be due to the improvements made via free agency and our last two drafts.

It’s all in their deliveries and how they seem to wanna drive their narrative home. I get the excitement from some posters and I love it, it’s the I know more than you do about this player or that player and that’s why we won the draft crap that’s annoying

Bang on; or maybe I should soften that a bit.

How about, I think we did quite well, how's that - LOL

He is the take from the Athletic...

Miami Dolphins

PICKPLAYERSCHOOL
1 (6)Jaylen WaddleAlabama
1 (18)Jaelan PhillipsMiami
2 (36)Jevon HollandOregon
2 (42)Liam EichenbergNotre Dame
3 (81)Hunter LongBoston College
7 (231)Larnel ColemanUMass
7 (244)Gerrid DoaksCincinnati
On paper, it looks like they got a big-time influx of talent. Jaylen Waddle looks like a Tyreek Hill clone. Jevon Holland should be a nice scheme fit in Brian Flores’ scheme. Liam Eichenberg has the potential to be an immediate starter. And Hunter Long was a nice depth pickup. I wouldn’t have taken a gamble on Jaelan Phillips at No. 18, given his concussion history, but he definitely offers upside.

The Dolphins’ roster is in good shape. They have surrounded Tua Tagovailoa with talent and can now properly evaluate him in 2021. If he plays well, great. If not, they have draft capital to make a move for a quarterback next offseason.

Grade: A

No you're not.

Too many posts saying we drafted injury prone players. It's a lazy comment.
The problem is to many fans have tunnel vision on their own team and lose perspective league wide. Every team deals with injuries and players who happen to get injured more often. I personally think it is more bad luck then being injured prone in most cases. However you have to weigh talent and injury history within the circumstance it occurred. Also, it amazes me how a player has one bad injury in his career, ie, a broken ankle, and is labeled injury prone. It lazy!

You are correct that nobody really knows how good these players end up being. You can only judge with the information we currently have.

In this case it isnt just "wannabe GMs here" though. In this case, the media "experts" (and I use this term knowing it's a stretch) are in almost universal agreement.

If you want to say it means nothing, that's fine, but this is a fan forum and for the first time in a long time the sports media types think it was a great draft.

Its just fun discussion for many fans. Why rain on the parade for no reason if ppl are enjoying the moment.

I actually think most posters that I see didn't get their specific guys, but still see it as a successful draft.

There are a huge amount of ppl who wanted Smith, that are happy overall. Same with guys who were dead set on a top RB prospect.

Sure there are a few who are bitching and moaning, but those ppl are going to do that regardless, unless every pick went their way.

Well said....... :UP: :UP:

Add Chris Simms, from PFT, to those media types expressing his believe that the FINS had one of the top drafts. He spent 5-6 minutes talking about it on this morning show. Florio agreed but was a little more cautious due to some possible injury concerns. Still agreed that Miami had a great draft.

Other than pessimistic Dolphin fans, only seems Thor Nystrom with NBC Sports Eagle, never heard of him, gives Miami a low mark.
B422AD66-F853-499D-841F-99FB63A481FA.jpeg

I'm pretty sure we have gotten good grades for our last 3 drafts. People raved about the Wilkins draft and we barely had any packs. We're also still in wait and see mode regarding that draft.

Back
Top Bottom