So Kiper said “Dolphins crushed it?” | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Kiper said “Dolphins crushed it?”

That’s what I’ve been reading too. This my confusion with a lot of the Debbie downers on the boards. Seems to me the experts would know…. I mean heck, even Cowherd liked what we did….
Nobody knows today. It will take a few a years. Examples:

Oakland Raiders: When you have the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, it's easy for people to like what you do. Quarterback JaMarcus Russell is a wonderful physical talent, far and away the most gifted passer the league has seen in years. As for the rest of the draft, the Raiders got a lot of players who have star potential, such as defensive end Quentin Moses, who had a first-round grade on him going into last season before dropping down the board. Mario Henderson is a terrific left tackle prospect. If running back Michael Bushever returns to health, he's a guy who had first-round talent before getting hurt and could be a bruising power runner. Getting Zach Miller was nice, especially since the Raiders were able to trade down and still get him. The bottom line is that 10 of the 11 picks could easily make the roster.
Grade: A
https://www.yahoo.com/news/2007-afc-draft-grades-122000873--nfl.html

No.1: Rams select Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma, GRADE: A
Analysis: The Rams had no choice. This kid is a franchise player. He will be a star. They have their quarterback for the next 12 years.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/grading-the-2010-nfl-draft-1st-round/

Round 1, Pick 31: C Travis Frederick​

2 OF 10
  1. NFL Network's Mike Mayock's instant reaction: "I had a third-round grade on this guy."
    Bleacher Report's Matt Miller's instant reaction: "I hate this pick."
    So, if you thought the Cowboys reached for Wisconsin center Travis Frederick, you're not alone.
    He could play guard or center, but the problem is, the Cowboys have already invested eight-figure contracts in both their guards recently and they already have a center in Phil Costa.
    If Frederick has a tenured career as one of the top centers in the league, he'll be worth the pick. For now, though, it's fair to wonder how much further he could have fallen if the Cowboys had waited.

From what I read in the last few days, Dolphins' draft grades are mostly As and Bs. Out of the 32 teams who had the best draft, Dolphins is sitting at 5th (behind Bears, Browns, Chargers, and Jets.

One thing we need to do is hope for a Texas type year out of the 49ers as we have their 2022 1st round pick. We traded ours to Philly.

One thing we need to do is hope for a Texas type year out of the 49ers as we have their 2022 1st round pick. We traded ours to Philly.
we need them to tank for the next 2 years, we have their 2023 1st round pick as well

That’s what I’ve been reading too. This my confusion with a lot of the Debbie downers on the boards. Seems to me the experts would know…. I mean heck, even Cowherd liked what we did….
Do you not see the oxymoron that is
1. Sarcastically saying people are experts on this board (because they were negative) while simultaneously
2. Saying that EVEN cowherd said we did (implying that an idiot as dumb as cowherd can tell they did well!!)

Do you not see how that kinda.. defeats your own argument's logic?

I like the draft we had quite a lot, but I understand some folks' reservations! We drafted a bunch of boom or busts!

Nobody knows today. It will take a few a years.
Yes but you know this is what happens every single year after the draft and we have never gotten this many kudos after a draft.

You said we drafted guys with known injury issues. Who Philips? One player that had zero issues last year. We are talking about this years draft in this thread. Every player in the NFL has injuries of some sort......it's the nature of the game.
Waddle's injury was a combination of a high-ankle sprain and a fracture to his right ankle, per Nick Saban on Oct. 24 to ESPN. The injury came on the opening kickoff against Tennessee. As the Volunteers' Kenneth George Jr. tackled Waddle, the Alabama star's right foot got caught between the grass and George's body, where it took heavy contact and was shoved into an awkward angle.

Waddle's injury was a combination of a high-ankle sprain and a fracture to his right ankle, per Nick Saban on Oct. 24 to ESPN. The injury came on the opening kickoff against Tennessee. As the Volunteers' Kenneth George Jr. tackled Waddle, the Alabama star's right foot got caught between the grass and George's body, where it took heavy contact and was shoved into an awkward angle.
Which is fully healed. So no issue.

If you only signed and drafted football players who never got injured throughout their careers, it would be damn near impossible to find 53 guys. It’s a violent game. They all get hurt eventually.
OR you could just be smart and turn injuries off before the start of the season. Oh wait this isn't Madden...

I mean any other year when the “experts” say Miami have a bad draft everyone here dismisses them as “opinions are just like assholes”. Now when they praise Miami’s draft everyone likes them again and they’re experts lol

I called a top 5 pick from the Texans last year before the season. Not sure that's going to be the case with SF. I will say Miami outright has a better season thus justifying sending our pick in the trade.

49ers should be much better than the Texans team who were a shitstorm from top to bottom outside of the massage lover. Our best best is for Garop to take some time off (likely) and for the rook to play a lot. If he stays healthy they should have 10+ wins but hey, we can still do what we need to do and 2023 draft will have two firsts.

I really never care what those people say good or bad but it's good that most of them have liked our draft.
Agree. Like is better than hate, but way too early to know.
So many prior misses - Prince, Asiata on the line for example. Dion Jordan and Charles Harris ......
I am hoping for the Larnel kid.

Back
Top Bottom