So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think?

Burkhardt also represents Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury, whose team has the No. 1 overall pick. In October, before the NFL was on his radar, Kingsbury said he would “take [Murray] with the first pick of the draft if I could.”

ProFootballTalk: Report: Kyler Murray hires Erik Burkhardt as agent
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/11/report-kyler-murray-hires-erik-burkhardt-as-agent/

And in other news about Murray........

When it comes to Kyler Murray’s commitment to football, actions will speak much more loudly than words. The problem for the NFL team that picks Murray could be that his ultimate action — a return to baseball — comes only after a draft choice has been squandered on him.

ProFootballTalk: A's not giving up on Kyler Murray, which could complicate his NFL prospects
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ray-which-could-complicate-his-nfl-prospects/

Let the abuse begin. I’d give Tunsil and Howard to Arizona and we keep pick 13.

Trading x would definitely move the needle for ya from 13 but I don’t think the cardinals would bite on it. They just signed Robert Alford to a 3 year $22 mil deal to pair with Patrick Peterson unless they are gonna make him a really high paid slot and coupled with xs extension carry the highest paid cb room in football by a mile. On a team that isn’t a contender right now.

Seems very unlikely to me.

Making a teers move with x as the bait I mean yeah maybe that gets you to 6 or 8 but you gonna be betting a lot of eggs on your qb target getting there.

And if he doesn’t whoof fail forward fast. I like aggressive I just don’t know that I’d want to part with x unless I’m guaranteeing myself my qb target

X, your 2020 1, and pick 13 in 19 yeah I’m sure that gets you in the top 5. But you better be making that deal real time with teams on the clock. And you need a taker for x of a currently bottom level team willing to pay him at worst top 5 money

Trading x would definitely move the needle for ya from 13 but I don’t think the cardinals would bite on it. They just signed Robert Alford to a 3 year $22 mil deal to pair with Patrick Peterson unless they are gonna make him a really high paid slot and coupled with xs extension carry the highest paid cb room in football by a mile. On a team that isn’t a contender right now.

Seems very unlikely to me.

Making a teers move with x as the bait I mean yeah maybe that gets you to 6 or 8 but you gonna be betting a lot of eggs on your qb target getting there.

And if he doesn’t whoof fail forward fast. I like aggressive I just don’t know that I’d want to part with x unless I’m guaranteeing myself my qb target

If the highest Miami could trade up is 4 the worst case scenario you end up with Bosa or Q. Williams or Haskins if the org is smitten with more than 1 QB.

If the highest Miami could trade up is 4 the worst case scenario you end up with Bosa or Q. Williams or Haskins if the org is smitten with more than 1 QB.

The only way a team in our current roster outlook etc should make this move is for a qb.

Otherwise ouch. You don’t want to give up your 2020 1 for anything other than a qb.

I’m sure Grier knows that no amount of media schmoozing will ever make up for it.

Here is the thing.

He has to be more than just talented for Chris Grier to “give up the farm”. He needs to unequivocally be the option that this organization believes can be the face/future of this franchise and lead us to a championship.

Waiting around for that type of QB to fall in your lap is reluctance, not conviction.

If Chris Grier has the same feelings on Murray as you do, he may as well take his ball and go home.

But if Murray is “that dude”, in his eyes, he needs to be prepared to do what it takes “within reason” to acquire him.

It may not be possible in the end, but he can’t sit at 13 and “hope” Murray falls to him.

He won’t. Somebody will trade in front or a team in front will draft him. You can bet the house on that.

Agreed, however there is a difference between the risk I'm willing to take at 13 compared to if we are drafting in the top few or are seriously thinking of trading up into the top three. At 13 I'm not worrying too much about his height or size or style of play, but in the top few you scrutinise prospects more. You nitpick. You weigh risk and reward. And for me, in the top few the risk outweighs the reward, however at 13 the reward arguably is worth the risk. That's without considering other QB prospects like Haskins if we traded up high enough.

You are right that you need conviction, but you also need to be logical and not reach or be forced into a pick because of need. Like I said, Murray at 13 has value; but at 3 or 6 it feels like a reach, and picking in that spot you'd need to be certain he's a franchise quarterback to give up what it takes to move up. Sadly we aren't a quarterback away and can't afford at this time to give up too much for that elusive franchise quarterback unless they are a generational quarterback prospect.

The only way a team in our current roster outlook etc should make this move is for a qb.

Otherwise ouch. You don’t want to give up your 2020 1 for anything other than a qb.

I’m sure Grier knows that no amount of media schmoozing will ever make up for it.

Yeah I’m with you on the 2020 pick. Solid gold.

Agreed, however there is a difference between the risk I'm willing to take at 13 compared to if we are drafting in the top few or are seriously thinking of trading up into the top three. At 13 I'm not worrying too much about his height or size or style of play, but in the top few you scrutinise prospects more. You nitpick. You weigh risk and reward. And for me, in the top few the risk outweighs the reward, however at 13 the reward arguably is worth the risk. That's without considering other QB prospects like Haskins if we traded up high enough.

You are right that you need conviction, but you also need to be logical and not reach or be forced into a pick because of need. Like I said, Murray at 13 has value; but at 3 or 6 it feels like a reach, and picking in that spot you'd need to be certain he's a franchise quarterback to give up what it takes to move up. Sadly we aren't a quarterback away and can't afford at this time to give up too much for that elusive franchise quarterback.

My take has always been if an organization is convinced QB X is a franchise QB you do whatever it takes to get that player regardless of team composition.

My take has always been if an organization is convinced QB X is a franchise QB you do whatever it takes to get that player regardless of team composition.

That’s pretty much the way I think teams see it. If you are willing to take a guy at 13 and devote the next 3 years to him as the guy at least you are willing to take him top 5.

The baseball fall back stuff matters zero to me now in terms of draft asset value etc. non factor

I do think the cards would have real interest in tunsil. Tunsil and 13 and a 2020 2nd rounder cards may bite.

And honestly if you are gonna take a qb that has a feel for space in the run and pass game that Murray has you may not need a top 10 left tackle.

Keep in mind though you draft this kid you are basically pulling yourself out of the 2020 qb top pick market so imo it’s better to use that as your top carrot in trade

Again, I agree with that sentiment. If you are convinced a QB can be a franchise QB - go get him. Problem is, what is the cost going to be to move up?

The Raiders are obviously a wildcard, no one knows what they are going to do. After them you'd think the Giants and Jaguars will look at quarterbacks, then you've got Denver as the next likely candidate.

So how high do we go?

I'd say we would need to at least trade up with the Buccaneers, at that point we should get Haskins or Murray. But to ensure it we would likely have to move up higher than that to make sure the Giants or Jaguars don't pip us to the post.

I'll be honest, I don't see this year's class as one to give up the farm for. If we are talking a second to move up to snag Murray because we get wind the Redskins might move up in front of us , fair enough. But I wouldn't give up future firsts and seconds for Murray, and probably not Haskins either.

Back
Top Bottom