So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think?

I know nothing about betting, but if the line pays $200 for every $100 that Murray will be taken in top 9, I can only imagine what the line is for #1 overall. That's a no-brainer bet, easy money. Bettors are still sleeping.

Ladies really necessary?

The tone most likely made this post unlikeable and CK ripped him a new one on it but IMO, he is not wrong.

There are many reasonable ways to affirm ones position on whether it's move up, trade down, or stay put.

But he is not wrong. We are falling in love with the shiny when the bulk of our team is in the dark.

We could very well bring in this massive talent and kill his body/spirit much like we got Tannehil murdered early because we don't have a line that protects or wrs that create space.

But how do you not find the courage to risk whatever it takes if you believe this kid is Mahomes on jet fuel?

But how do you give up so many picks knowing the abundance of holes on this team?

This is not a black and white situation much like many things in life.

There is one absolute far from a grey area: you cannot be a perennial contender without a franchise QB.

Not the first time I saw that from him. Stuck in the 80s I guess.

Makes me happy to read that. Like I said, I don't know. All i have is youtube. I, unfortunately, can't watch much college ball and lose heart doing so anyways as a Canes fan.
Everyone single one of his throws are there:)

Agreed, however there is a difference between the risk I'm willing to take at 13 compared to if we are drafting in the top few or are seriously thinking of trading up into the top three. At 13 I'm not worrying too much about his height or size or style of play, but in the top few you scrutinise prospects more. You nitpick. You weigh risk and reward. And for me, in the top few the risk outweighs the reward, however at 13 the reward arguably is worth the risk. That's without considering other QB prospects like Haskins if we traded up high enough.

You are right that you need conviction, but you also need to be logical and not reach or be forced into a pick because of need. Like I said, Murray at 13 has value; but at 3 or 6 it feels like a reach, and picking in that spot you'd need to be certain he's a franchise quarterback to give up what it takes to move up. Sadly we aren't a quarterback away and can't afford at this time to give up too much for that elusive franchise quarterback unless they are a generational quarterback prospect.

I feel a similar way. At 1 he's a project at 13 he's sure thing. Wonder why that is.

Here's the thing though, if Flores and staff believe this kid to be the second coming, does logic become cowardice?

Because I believe you are right that we can't afford the price tag for a giant move up.

I really enjoyed the point that Jeff brought up about Murray and the relation to his oline..they have a nice rep but he does his part because he knows how special his awareness and agility is, when you see a qb starting to direct traffic with his off hand it’s always a great sign that he’s comfortable in his own skin, that the speed has slowed down and he can do whatever he wants back there..he m, Wilson and Mahomes share this trait..

Here’s what I think we have in our favor, I think NFL gms can look past height sometimes, but it’s the slight of frame narrative that Murray is carrying right now that will scare off ..This is good because if we have the right evaluation on him then imo that’s where they will make a critical mistake that we can pounce on..You see I think his frame is built on a solid foundation of thick joints and quick twitch makeup, Cks point is excellent about the kids neck, it’s a dead sign of strength..now you combine that with his ability to create extra distance from defenders, and the rules to protect, all those body risks are imo wasaaay exaggerated..

Last edited:
Murray, with the right coach and the right team, would absolutely turn into a 20 to 30 HR hitter annually...and would have at least a minimum of a 10 to 15 year career...even batting .270 he is going to land a job for millions

You're projecting into the future, making crap up and passing it off as an "absolute."

In "college" last year Murray wasn't even among to the top 250 hitters in batting average or top 150 hitters in home runs. Maybe should wait to see if he could hit a curve in AA before giving him a 10-15 year, 20-30 home run per year career.

Murray had an uncle drafted #7 in the MLB draft and his professional career consisted of 288 total games. That equates to 1.78 seasons worth of games.

Not saying he couldn't have a decent career in MLB, just a little too early to be throwing out "absolutes."

Here's a hypothetical:

We get Murray. Do you start him?

Absolutely. Very rookie-ready because the best rookies are the ones that have the physical tools to allow play callers to call structured plays that depend more on physical and athletic execution than on sitting back there and trying to force a rookie to read a defense as well and as timely as a veteran.

Toolsy quarterbacks make it easier to run an offense off those tools.

If you've got a guy with average tools and you need him to make hay by playing like a veteran even though he's just a rookie, 9 times out of 10 you're gonna be in trouble.

If Flores is all in on the kid, It’ll happen. But if he has any doubts or doesn’t want to build his team starting with a qb it won’t happen. Murray being is dependent on what Flores thinks of the kid and that’ll happen soon enough at the combine.

I really hate this time of year there’s going to be smokescreens so you really have no idea what’s going to happen especially with a new regime.

Arizona holds all the cards they can trade down a couple to a few spots and still probably pick up Murray and have enough to pick another great talent or even trade for O line help.

I feel a similar way. At 1 he's a project at 13 he's sure thing. Wonder why that is.

Here's the thing though, if Flores and staff believe this kid to be the second coming, does logic become cowardice?

Because I believe you are right that we can't afford the price tag for a giant move up.
IMO, if you are lacking a franchise QB and your front office/staff feel strongly about a guy.... It becomes a "whatever it takes" type of deal.

IMO, if you are lacking a franchise QB and your front office/staff feel strongly about a guy.... It becomes a "whatever it takes" type of deal.

I agree.

But you're also already falling behind on an influx of youth (picks) on your first year of a rebuild.

Maybe I'm wrong but to me, a rebuild constitutes building through the draft. Isn't that a large part of why the Pats are the Pats, stock-piling picks?

I'm all for making the move. I find my nipples getting hard at the mere mention of Murray's (there they go) name. But it's scary.

If this staff is certain about the research, it is defintely time to go get the most important position.

Back
Top Bottom