So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think?

First of all, Russell Wilson is most likely in the HOF when it’s all said and done.

Second of all, Kyler Murray is a much better prospect than Russell Wilson was.

If Kyler was 2 inches taller, he’d be the #1 overall pick, in the same class of Tua and Trevor and there wouldn’t be all this fuss about it.

The only reason we may have a slim chance of getting him is those two inches, that in reality, have never had any impact on his ability to succeed at the position.

That’s a value proposition that makes me salivate as a team picking outside the top 10 in need of a QB.

I disagree. Murray is not the prospect that Wilson was. Wilson was a bigger player for one, but as I stated above, Wilson had elite level accuracy and anticipation in the passing game when he came out. He was a three plus year starter in college.

I think some are getting caught in the trap of being mesmerized by a player's athleticism to the point that you ignore some obvious deficiencies as a passer. The bottom line is, quarterbacks are measured by their ability to pass the football, not run it.

I disagree. Murray is not the prospect that Wilson was. Wilson was a bigger player for one, but as I stated above, Wilson had elite level accuracy and anticipation in the passing game when he came out. He was a three plus year starter in college.

I think some are getting caught in the trap of being mesmerized by a player's athleticism to the point that you ignore some obvious deficiencies as a passer. The bottom line is, quarterbacks are measured by their ability to pass the football, not run it.
I disagree. Murray throws with good accuracy and anticipation. He is amazing throwing on the run and from different platforms. People see him run and assume hes just a running QB, that's an incorrect assumption.

That's one way of looking at it - but Kyler has more elite footwork and mobility. So it's a tick for tack approach on what their respective games look like. Kyler's accuracy is not an issue though, even if Russell's may have been more precise. What I can say is that Kyler may be a 1 year starter in college, but he was a 5 star recruit from TX coming into the FBS. So, I would add that into consideration when discussing the prospect.

If you measure Kyler's ability to throw the football, it measures up as well as anyone's. I don't know why people are hooking on to the narrative that because he's an elite runner, he isn't an elite thrower. I will also say, QBs are measured by their abilities to make plays. His ability to do that with his feet in an elite manner, along with his arm are a benefit. Not a detriment.

Back
Top Bottom