So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think?

it was not on brady side. you will never know until he put on pad. dolphins have been burn a lot.
You are completely missing the point. Your chances of success are higher doing things one way, as opposed to another. I don't know how much simpler I can state it.

Most excellent QBs are much bigger than Murray. Therefore, your CHANCES of drafting an excellent QB, are higher, if you go with "prototypical" size. That's why the term exists.

Brady is irrelevant. Rd5 is no comparison to what is being discussed. You want Murray in rd3? I'm good with that.

I am fully onboard and willing to trade up to make it happen . . . .but the 2020 first is off the table. Everything else is fair game.

I think the sweet spot for trading up might be the 8th pick as you probably won’t strike a trade with Buffalo at 9 and Denver is a legit threat to take him at 10.

Then again he probably goes top 5.

Not sure if we can get him, but I would love him here.

Honestly, If you decide he's your guy that can take the franchise forward then why mess around? Move to the #1 spot and be done with it. Why play around and move to #5, for example, and leave the possibility that a Denver jumps ahead of you?

What I fail to see a lot of people mentioning is just how highly regarded Murray was coming out of high school. The kid has just proven to be a winner. Some even argued that he was the greatest quarterback prospect coming out of high school ever. To me that's a guy I'm willing to take a risk on, especially with the way offenses are now going in the league. I want to see what a quarterback can do in the pocket that breaks down, something Miami hasn't seen in decades. I don't know if I trade up for him but if we did I wouldn't be disappointed, just with the possibility of somebody that is a proven winner. I don't see him as a project, but I do understand there's risks with every pick especially in picking a quarterback.
Undefeated high school starter. 43-0...3 state champs...elite 11 participant..Player of the year senior year.,

Baseball is safer but he was only guaranteed 4.66 million with A's.

Last year Mayfield signed for 32 mil with 21 mil signing bonus. Rosen was drafted 10th and signed a 17.5 mil fully guaranteed contract.

Not sure he would
ever be the type of homerun hitter to make 20-25 mil per year. If his game transitions to the NFL he stands to make much more playing football than baseball.

This is correct.

As QB, his earning potential is much higher than baseball and can happen much earlier.

If it all goes well, by the age of 26 as a top 10 pick . . . .he could get his 4 years and 20 million fully guaranteed on a rookie deal . . . A potential 5th year option at 25 million and a second contract at 5 years/150 million at minimum in 2023/24.

In baseball he’ll have to deal with the minors and arbitration, etc . . .and his first real payday probably won’t happen until his late 20’s . . . .and unless he is some power hitter or an ace pitcher . . . He wont touch QB money.

Health is a big reason to consider baseball . . . No question, but there are many reasons to choose football over baseball here.

I think he chose right in the end.

You are completely missing the point. Your chances of success are higher doing things one way, as opposed to another. I don't know how much simpler I can state it.

Most excellent QBs are much bigger than Murray. Therefore, your CHANCES of drafting an excellent QB, are higher, if you go with "prototypical" size. That's why the term exists.

Brady is irrelevant. Rd5 is no comparison to what is being discussed. You want Murray in rd3? I'm good with that.
what don't u understand. I don't know how this going work out but if Murry at 13 you take him. I am not GM but if I was I would take chance.

The most accurate passer and league leading passer in history is drew brees and he’s barely 6 feet isn’t he?

That’s exactly my point. He’s going to have to have amazing accuracy and vision.

To assume Murray is going to be that good is a very rare thing. Brees is an all time great. There isn’t many of those very often. Hes the exception not the rule.

Honestly, If you decide he's your guy that can take the franchise forward then why mess around? Move to the #1 spot and be done with it. Why play around and move to #5, for example, and leave the possibility that a Denver jumps ahead of you?

Its a fair point and a proper way to look at it if you are in the Dolphins organization and are completely enamored with the guy.

But from my fan seats . . . i would prefer to keep my 2020 1st lol

Of course my job isn’t on the line and if it was I need the guy who I feel is gonna lead my team to a championship.

If that guy is Murray . . . .do what it takes within reason . . . .and a 2020 1st is within reason.

I understand.

Do you see my point?
yes u have a point as well. but you scare take chance being safe is no guarantee either. when come to qb. plus he will not be there in 3 rd round.

Its a fair point and a proper way to look at it if you are in the Dolphins organization and are completely enamored with the guy.

Of course my job isn’t on the line and if it was I need the guy who I feel is gonna lead my team to a championship.

If that guy is Murray . . . .do what it takes within reason . . . .and a 2020 1st is within reason.
For the right guy, its within reason.

If you are Grier, do you bet your career on Murray? I wouldn't.

One of Murray’s best strengths is his ability to avoid contact, the sliding technique is mastered already, the awareness to get out of harms way combined the athletic ability gain even more space between him and defenders is as good as Wilson...but with more speed.

Oh, I'm with you on this. Murray as a franchise QB just doesn't sit well with me. Additionally, I would prefer we trade down and acquire more picks with the hopes of using them towards building a solid OL.

Get our star QB in 2020 with a decent line in front of him from day 1.

He’s a risk for any FO/GM, There are very few “can’t miss” picks in an NFL draft.
If he fails, the fans( even those who are fans of Murray) will hypocritically rip into the FO for gambling on a player that was “too small” to play QB in the NFL.
There is a consensus that Murray is an elite athlete and a great college QB. However, there is not a consensus that he can be a franchise QB in the NFL.
If you draft a player with impressive college stats AND prototypical size/measurable and he fails, the FO can blame it on the player (Ryan Leaf) and deflect some of the criticism from themselves.
A FO would have to have a very strong conviction on Murray in order to draft him in the top half of the 1st round.
I’m on the fence with him simply because he was not all that impressive against Alabama and he will be facing that type of speed and talent on defense week after week in the NFL.
He seems more like a part time player that you design special plays for, rather than a long term starter as your franchise guy.
BTW, before any of you pounce on me. I am not comparing him to Ryan Leaf. Only illustrating the difference between an atypical player and a prototypical player and how a FO handles fan and media criticism when a player does not work out.

Back
Top Bottom