So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think?

Wait, Did you just write you "can't defend trading up for ANY player?"

Was that a typo?

You rebuild through the draft. Selling the farm does more harm than good for us.

Who are you trading up for?

yes u have a point as well. but you scare take chance being safe is no guarantee either. when come to qb. plus he will not be there in 3 rd round.
No he won't be there.

No, there are no guarantees no matter how to go.

I just think your chances are better with a bigger guy.

I realize the game us changing, but the big dogs, that can stand tall in the pocket and deliver the rock, is still the way to go, IMO.

Look at the final four teams this year, and the style of QB they had.

I don't think giving the 13th overall pick a single season to play under a rebuilding team is the best strategy. If you draft him, you have to give him and us enough time to see what he really offers.

I agree... but if he just looks OK and you have a shot at lawrence is 2021 then you pull the trigger without even thinking about it

No he won't be there.

No, there are no guarantees no matter how to go.

I just think your chances are better with a bigger guy.

I realize the game us changing, but the big dogs, that can stand tall in the pocket and deliver the rock, is still the way to go, IMO.

Look at the final four teams this year, and the style of QB they had.

And the QB that keeps acquiring rings.

And the QB we all love that made us once a proud franchise.

Both zero movement outside of the pocket but genius at taking that one step inside of it.

Your point is hard to debate.

Honestly, If you decide he's your guy that can take the franchise forward then why mess around? Move to the #1 spot and be done with it. Why play around and move to #5, for example, and leave the possibility that a Denver jumps ahead of you?

If the FO decides on A guy and moves up and he's not the guy YOU want, you won't complain, right? Even if he's Tannehill 2.0? You'll accept that risk?

And the QB that keeps acquiring rings.

And the QB we all love that made us once a proud franchise.

Both zero movement outside of the pocket but genius at taking that one step inside of it.

Your point is hard to debate.
Marino was fricken Houdini in a 6 yd area.

He'll have spectacular success until a team figures him out or he gets injured, whichever comes first.

If the FO decides on A guy and moves up and he's not the guy YOU want, you won't complain, right? Even if he's Tannehill 2.0? You'll accept that risk?

Clearly, If you're going to make that decision then you have to be sure he's a can't miss type of prospect.

Let me ask you your question another way. What if you half-ass it and miss out on the player and he turns on to be the next coming? I'm sure you're not going to complain either, right?

Bottom line, I'd rather go hard if I believe (through the scouting process) he's the one vs. half-ass it and end up losing on the prospect. Only time will tell if he wasn't the right one for your franchise.

For the record I don't like Murray's make-up and personally wouldn't go all out for him.

I say get him. Hopefully it goes he’s really good or he really sucks. We give him 2 seasons if he works out we’re set if he sucks we get Lawrence if he’s mediocre we’re the same ole Dolphins.

They should stick to the plan.

Strengthen the lines this year while featuring the worst QB play in the league. Tank, and get top picks throughout the 2020 draft, including the first pick for the top QB.

Could be one of five different guys right now, and nobody should count out KJ Costello either. All of them better than any of this year's prospects.

I see Brett Favre's mechanics with Russell Wilson's improvisation.

That said, I don't see him as a long term NFL Franchise QB.

Here's where I cringe: If you miss on him, it will take over 3 years before you get rid of him. So, if you miss this year, you have forfeited 2020 and 2021 QBs. More importantly, you miss out of one of the best Defensive drafts in a long time.

You play the draft as it comes naturally. Don't force it. Don't force a Charles Harris. Don't reach. This is a draft made for QB reaching. Don't. Stay away.

Let the other QB needy teams reach for QBs this draft and reduce your competition for 2020 and 2021.

This is the time to play it safe and build a solid foundation.

So, you draft him.... Now what? You still need an OL, DL and half of a team. Picking him catapults you into a different strategy.

No one player is worth wrecking your team. Missing on Murray destroys the next 3 - 4 years.

Build. Don't reach.

Back
Top Bottom