So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think?

You are completely missing the point. Your chances of success are higher doing things one way, as opposed to another. I don't know how much simpler I can state it.

Most excellent QBs are much bigger than Murray. Therefore, your CHANCES of drafting an excellent QB, are higher, if you go with "prototypical" size. That's why the term exists.

Brady is irrelevant. Rd5 is no comparison to what is being discussed. You want Murray in rd3? I'm good with that.

If Kyler Murray is not drafted at the end of Round 2, 32 GMs should be fired.

I think he chose the wrong sport...I love football but baseball is guaranteed money, regardless of injury, football is a thankless sport that who's career is over in a blink of an eye...that's just my 2 cents...
he can always go back to baseball. it doesn't work the other way around

Yes, like teams did with Doug Flutie.

...you mean...the guy who re-entered the league at age 36 and had a subsequent additional SEVEN YEAR RUN as a QB?

Flutie had a quarter of the mobility that Murray has.

“Figures him out?”

Blitzing and keeping STRICT contain will beat the QB that I saw in the highlight reel.

How are his quick reads? I haven’t seen enough of him to know.

...you mean...the guy who re-entered the league at age 36 and had a subsequent additional SEVEN YEAR RUN as a QB?

Flutie had a quarter of the mobility that Murray has.
How many playoffs did Flutie lead his team(s) to as starting QB?

The real question that should be asked here is are you willing to give up your 2020 first rounder to get kyler Murray? Cause imo odds are good it’s gonna require it to get him.

You probably want to move into the top 5 or even #1 overall. You may not have a first rounder for two years

If you are truly all in the answer here is yes

Blitzing and keeping STRICT contain will beat the QB that I saw in the highlight reel.

How are his quick reads? I haven’t seen enough of him to know.

Disagree strongly here. And this is what bugs me: Kyler Murray isn’t a run-first QB. He’s good in the pocket, he’s smart at finding throwing lanes. He’s EXCELLENT at seeing blitzes and reading defenses pre-snap.

And, to be perfectly honest, I don’t know how well he moves through his reads. He really hasn’t had to go all the way through his progressions.

What I have seen in my amateur opinion is this: He’s a pocket QB, but when the opportunity presents itself, he pulls it down and takes the yards that are there. His arm and vision are excellent. He’s not as fast as Vick was, and his arm isn’t quite on that level, but he’s more accurate.

He’s certainly not the product of a system, so I don’t think there’s a “figuring him out” factor. And he’s not a short athlete playing QB. He’s a QB who happens to be short, who is also tremendously athletic.

Is he a risk? Sure. So is almost every QB. But I really feel the juice is worth the squeeze and n this case.

It seemed fairly obvious last week that Murray had chosen football. His coach Lincoln Riley was asked about it on the ESPN signing day show. Riley said he knew Murray's decision but wasn't going to spoil it publicly. He gave the impression that Murray would do that soon.

I wouldn't care if he had the baseball option. I wouldn't care if he flopped. These are the investments you have to make, if available. The kid was elite in high school and college. j-off-her-doll posted a link today in the Draft Forum with Murray's advanced stats not only well above anyone in this year's quarterback crop, but also well above any of the quarterbacks in the two prior crops, including all those first rounders last year.

I can't see how Murray lasts to 13. Clarity shows up approaching the draft. Heck, Allen and Rosen went before 13 last year and they had flaws all over the place.

We just devoted 7 years to a guy who is too mediocre. No chance I'm going to apply fear to a guy who supposedly is too short.

Let the rest of the league worry about his dimensions, as he's running circles around them.

It probably helps that I'm old enough to remember Fran Tarkenton, who legitimately drove defenses nuts in that '60s-70s era. Unfortunately he was already into his mid 30s by the time he returned to the Vikings and that team became Super Bowl capable, so lots of younger fans view him under that scope and not when he was in his prime and even more of a stop-and-start pest much earlier. Tarkenton was another one of those guys who was listed at 6 feet but everyone knew that was a stretch.

There is a 5-11 quarterback who is in the Hall of Fame and who threw sidearmed. Vince Lombardi said he was the best pure passer he ever saw. He couldn't scramble at all. And nobody ever talked about height because the beer belly was a much more entertaining topic. I'm always amazed that Sonny Jurgensen's name never surfaces during these discussions of short quarterbacks. But again, I guess you have to be of a certain age. I was fortunate in that I wasn't even 10 years old yet but had picked up on things quickly. We did have an advantage in that era because there were doubleheaders on Sunday every week for both the AFL and NFL.

hoops had the proper question...what do you do if a trade up for Murray is available, but it requires your first round pick from 2020? I would already try to move Xavien Howard for trade up ammo, but if that doesn't happen then absolutely I give up 2020 for Murray. We won't be alone in tank mode next season. Don't rely on a low percentage route if something is available smack in front of you.

How many playoffs did Flutie lead his team(s) to as starting QB?

Other than or including 1998?

I’m not entirely sure what you’re going for here. Comparing Murray and Flutie because of their height is no more valid than comparing Ryan Leaf and Tom Brady because of their height. Doug Flutie was a very smart QB, but he never had the arm Murray has.

Back
Top Bottom