So let me understand this? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So let me understand this?

Stills is NOT a better WR than Landry, that's nonsense. And to answer your questions... the reason he manages 14 yards per catch and Grant 15 is because of the routes the routes they run. They aren't nearly as involved or vital to this offense as Landry is. You guys are crazy people.
Stills is a far better all around receiver than Landry, it really isn't all that close. There is a reason 2 different coaching staffs over 4 years make Landry run the same 7 to 8 routes, he is elite at those routes but his game is surprsingly limited.

In 2016 we nearly had 3 wr's with 1000 yards and many outlets had our wr corps as one of the best. In 2017 we are tasked with playing with a qb that has the arm of a 12 year old boy and a backup qb who has the football IQ of a high school player and now we are supposed to believe we only have one wr worth a damn? I wish Parker and Stills had a cute little first down dance maybe it might lower Landry's net worth.

Get open for one. Which is very important.
Make people miss in the open field.
Run people over
He has better hands
Catches tough passes across the middle
Block
Convert First downs

The ONLY thing Stills does better than Landry is stretch the defense because he's faster. And he has less penalties.
Landry doesnt separate more than Stills, at least not when you take into account route depth...
Make people miss in the open field. OK
Run people over. OK
He has better hands. No he doesnt
Catches though passes over the middle. Good luck proving that
Block. OK
Convert 1st downs. Both Parker and Stills have better 1st% than Landry

Landry is a better WR than Stills because he would make a better RB... lol

Laundry couldn't play Stills position. Outside receivers go against the best db's week in and week out. Slot guys go against nickle backs , linebackers and safeties. two different positions. Outside guys are often doubled with safeties also.

And stills couldn't play Landry's position so what's your point? Good teams don't just double guys because they play on the outside.... Good teams usually double a teams BEST players. Nobody is doubling Stills OR Parker. Teams (the New England Patriots for one) Have doubled Landry.... Why? Because he's one of not just OUR best players but one of the Best players in the league. As a matter of fact... good teams like the NE Patriots often times take their BEST CB, and put them on a teams BEST WR no matter where he plays on the field and dares the other WR's to beat them. I think they did that to Landry a few times over the years. The thinking is..... "We're not going to let LANDRY beat us" And usually that strategy works because the other WR's we have, haven't stepped up.

And stills couldn't play Landry's position so what's your point? Good teams don't just double guys because they play on the outside.... Good teams usually double a teams BEST players. Nobody is doubling Stills OR Parker. Teams (the New England Patriots for one) Have doubled Landry.... Why? Because he's one of not just OUR best players but one of the Best players in the league. As a matter of fact... good teams like the NE Patriots often times take their BEST CB, and put them on a teams BEST WR no matter where he plays on the field and dares the other WR's to beat them. I think they did that to Landry a few times over the years. The thinking is..... "We're not going to let LANDRY beat us" And usually that strategy works because the other WR's we have, haven't stepped up.
Landy? one of the best players in the league? He's not even a top 10 WR...

1) Stills is a better WR than Landry.
2) We don't have a vertical QB in house... How did Stills manage 14 yards per, Grant 15 yards per and Stills 14 yards per? Did they have a different QB throwing to them?
3) It's the bubble screens! Ok! So why his Landry the only one being thrown those bubble screens?

Stills is better in what way exactly?

OP 's anti Tannehill and Gase OCD is getting out of control. Another slam at Tannehill not throwing long to Landry. Doesn't matter that Tannehill in 2016 was the 3rd most accurate deep ball passer in the league or that if throwing to slot receivers was so easy, each team would have one as prolific as Tannehill has made Landry to be. (And while we're at it, how many QBs could have turned ****ing Hartline into a multi 1000yd receiver?) Incidentally in 2016 Tannehill also had the 4th highest QBR when operating from a clean pocket - him with his 30th ranked OL and Dak Prescott above him with his durable highly rated Dallas OL, fwiw - which is a good clue what really needs to change!

It's to a point where the OP in another thread promises to save "BIG" pro Tannehill and Gase posts to mock any of us who disagreed after next season where he's obviously rooting for our QB, HC and therefore our TEAM to fail. As if that happens and anyone on the OP's "List" really gives a flying **** what he thinks.

I will give the obsessed OP credit for creative ways to back into "Tannehill sucks" "Gase sucks" but enough is enough already!

Last edited:
If Landry didn't show you all how valuable he is to this team this year, I don't know what to tell you.

He became a legit redzone threat because of his ability to get seperation in close quarters and make strong catches.

I really like Kenny Stills, he is certainly a top level deep ball threat . . . but there is no question that replacing him with Jakeem Grant is a better solution than replacing Jarvis with "insert name here".

I am not advocating for either . . . you keep Stills, you resign Landry (or tag him and then resign him longterm) and if there is anybody you look to jetison, its Devante Parker because he will still have some trade value. Then you get your 3rd round pick Carroo (I know people think he sucks, but how on earth is he gonna get on the field with Parker/Stills/Landry . . . Grant has a skill set that sets him apart and gives Gase options which allows him to see the field more) on the field more in that Parker spot and you continue using Grant how you used him late last year, while pocketing a hopeful top 40 pick for Parker which you in turn use to grab a TE with one of those day 2 picks and you still have a boatload of UDFA/late round WR picks you are developing who can become that #5 WR.

I like Parker, wanted him in that draft the whole time, but you are gonna face a big contract with him soon and you aren't sure if you have a dependable player here. If there is value in a trade, Miami needs to take a strong look.

Stills is a far better all around receiver than Landry, it really isn't all that close. There is a reason 2 different coaching staffs over 4 years make Landry run the same 7 to 8 routes, he is elite at those routes but his game is surprsingly limited.

Ok, let's debate...

What does Stills do better than Landry that makes him a far better all around receiver? Landry runs what 4-5-4.6 forty? No coaching staff will ask him to run deep routes on any consistent basis.... That makes no sense. As a coach, you find what a player's best skillset is and have them do that. Someone has to run the underneath routes, the crossing routes, the hitches and screens, someone has to run the WR reverses, someone has to block for the RB etc...

Stills is good at the intermediate and deep routes while Landry is good at the short and intermediate routes.

Oh, and not to mention the fact that the offensive line has been pretty bad. Hard to run deep routes if you don't have the time. Which is why stills only had 42 receptions last year and 58 this year. While Landry had over 100. So when the line doesn't give the QB time to throw deep... who will he throw to if there's no Landry getting open quickly underneath?

When we have competent qb play? Everything, minus dumbing down our offense and 5 yard catches with a cloud of dust.

i'm not going to let you off that easy homie.... give me specific skill sets that Stills is better than Landry is besides running deep routes.

Does he gain yards after contact better?
Does he have better hands?
Does he make people miss in the open field or tights spaces better?
Does he run people over better?
Does he block better?

If Landry ran deeper, we would need more qb’s on the roster. There isnt enough time to throw. Also, Is Landry freestyling it or is running routes he is asked?

Back
Top Bottom