So let me understand this? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So let me understand this?

Landry was 9th in least average air yards per target. Of the top 10, 6 were TEs and 6 had a better catch rate...

Landry was 9th in least average air yards per target. Of the top 10, 6 were TEs and 6 had a better catch rate...

I fault Gase and his hardheadedness with that Bubble Screen to Landry all of the damn time. While he can break tackles you clearly saw you needed more quickness with the shitty blocking on this team. My guess is those 1 yard passes put a huge dent into that number.

I believe he was rated as a top 3 redzone WR this year, which lord knows we have needed that. Haven't had a player like that since Brandon Gibson's first year with the team in 2013.

Landy? one of the best players in the league? He's not even a top 10 WR...

Give me 10 WR that are better than Landry from a PRODUCTION standpoint... He led the league in receptions so there's no arguing he's tops at that.

Some people will have players like the ones listed below as being better than Landry but from a production standpoint which is all that matters in my book, they have not been.
Dez Bryant
Amari Cooper
Alshon Jeffery

And who’s fault is this. They couldnt run for a while and he was forced to catch bubble screens because Parker was hurt and Still doesnt do that. My OP was because our lack of offensive ingenuity has caused this dilemma w Landry. Landry easily can be a 10-12 yards per catch guy because of how other slot Wrs are used. But everyone here is blind to the ineptitude of the offense. Get a better line and qb, call better plays. In TC, Landry was part of the “595/Turnpike” crossroads in Davie. He was catching balls 15 yards up. He wasn’t catching screens.

I fault Gase and his hardheadedness with that Bubble Screen to Landry all of the damn time. While he can break tackles you clearly saw you needed more quickness with the ****ty blocking on this team. My guess is those 1 yard passes put a huge dent into that number.

I believe he was rated as a top 3 redzone WR this year, which lord knows we have needed that. Haven't had a player like that since Brandon Gibson's first year with the team in 2013.

I don't blame Gase, I've seen plenty of other teams run bubble screens and have much success. The problem is that our players don't block them very well, starting with the other WR's. And the fact that we don't have a consistent enough intermediate to deep passing game so DB's just sit on that short stuff. I'm surprised Landry was able to gain over 900 yards with the lack of a running game and deep passing game that we had this year.

I don't blame Gase, I've seen plenty of other teams run bubble screens and have much success. The problem is that our players don't block them very well, starting with the other WR's. And the fact that we don't have a consistent enough intermediate to deep passing game so DB's just sit on that short stuff. I'm surprised Landry was able to gain over 900 yards with the lack of a running game and deep passing game that we had this year.

I agree, but you at least saw with Grant that his quickness allowed those plays to have more success as his start and go and ability to make people miss, plus break tackles suprisingly was a much more effective tool than having Juice wait for blocks and try to make guys miss and break all the tackles.

Glad Gase adjusted there later in the season.

Everyone here is so built up on Tannehill and Parker’s potenial, you forget the dog work Landry does

There's a reason Landry is not being targeted deep... If your argument to this is that Gase is an idiot, then there's not much we can argue about... Landry is being fed the ball as a TE/RB. My argument is that it's the only thing he can do efficiently. There is absolutely no way to prove that he can't read a defense properly or that he doesn't know the playbook as much as he should, but it would explain alot of things.

It also depends on if Landry actually wants to come back also. He might not want to come back to a dumpster fire team. I like Landry and want him to stay but we have a ton of issues and shouldn’t overpay. You know Landry is talking to OBJ right now. I would love to see those 2 on the same team lol.

There's a reason Landry is not being targeted deep... If your argument to this is that Gase is an idiot, then there's not much we can argue about... Landry is being fed the ball as a TE/RB. My argument is that it's the only thing he can do efficiently. There is absolutely no way to prove that he can't read a defense properly or that he doesn't know the playbook as much as he should, but it would explain alot of things.
Tannehill was the 3rd most accurate long ball passer in 2016, how much more of an effective QB could you replace him with to throw deep to Landry? LOL

Love Landry, love his heart, toughness, ability to break tackles, etc but the fact of the matter is he's slow for a wideout and that limits him beating CBs downfield especially on anticipation routes. Short passes and letting him do his thing really exploits his best skills But let's not let facts get in the way of raging OCD, eh?

I agree, but you at least saw with Grant that his quickness allowed those plays to have more success as his start and go and ability to make people miss, plus break tackles suprisingly was a much more effective tool than having Juice wait for blocks and try to make guys miss and break all the tackles.

Glad Gase adjusted there later in the season.

Yes I do agree that Grant did very well when given the opportunity however, I would like to see how he does when teams scout and factor him into a game plan. Sometimes it can be a big difference once teams gameplan specifically for a player.

Landry is an angry dwarf. He run's bubble screens and short routes cause that's all he can do. He is good -3 to +7 yards to the line of scrimmage. He tries so hard that you wish other's tried as hard as he does. IF he goes to another team, he will do the same for them. NO team will win a game because they have Landry on it.

Back
Top Bottom