So let me understand this? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So let me understand this?

Landry is an important part of this Dolphins team, but the feeling I get is that the FO seems to be tired of him and his antics, not to mention his salary demand. This is just an opinion of course but the mere fact that we haven't resigned him although he is the "heart and soul" of this team not to mention that according to some he is our only legitimate receiver speaks volumes. If we resign landry I will not be surprised, but there is more going on here behind the scenes.

Landry is an angry dwarf. He run's bubble screens and short routes cause that's all he can do. He is good -3 to +7 yards to the line of scrimmage. He tries so hard that you wish other's tried as hard as he does. IF he goes to another team, he will do the same for them. NO team will win a game because they have Landry on it.
Did you say the same thing when we had Welker? If Landry went to NE he would destroy us twice a year for 5 years.

Landry is an angry dwarf. He run's bubble screens and short routes cause that's all he can do. He is good -3 to +7 yards to the line of scrimmage. He tries so hard that you wish other's tried as hard as he does. IF he goes to another team, he will do the same for them. NO team will win a game because they have Landry on it.
100 percent disagree, he'll lead any team in catches and if utilized properly with a avg plus qb and oc he will be a pro bowler. That being said, there has to be a pay ceiling but calling him out as a strictly bubble screen guy is outrageous, ridiculous really.

Did you say the same thing when we had Welker? If Landry went to NE he would destroy us twice a year for 5 years.
Do you think NE would pay Landry 14M per?

I definitely agree and pray that doesn’t happen. But NE won’t pay him top dollar.

Landry does not deserve to get #1 WR money. He is not a true game breaking WR who averages 17 yards per catch and 15 or more TDs per season.

100 percent disagree, he'll lead any team in catches and if utilized properly with a avg plus qb and oc he will be a pro bowler. That being said, there has to be a pay ceiling but calling him out as a strictly bubble screen guy is outrageous, ridiculous really.
Leading a team in catches is purely a function of targets... Landry is top 10 in targets in the NFL... Of the top 10, he's 9th in yards, 10th in Y/C, 7th in 1st downs, and 10th in 20+ plays...
Fun fact: *All* of Landry's 9 TDs came from inside the opponents 10 yard line...

Last edited:
But, when he had Ryan throwing him the ball he had a 12.4? ypc last year. That’s pretty respectable. If he can keep up the redzone production and get a couple more big play touchdowns that he’s done in his career he can be a consistent 8-10 TD guy.

Rewind to this time last year and he wasn't worth it because he couldn't score TDs. Remember that? His skill set didn't lend itself to getting into the endzone. It was tragically stupid. People that think we're better off moving on will change the reasoning to fit the narrative.

You don't think he's important. Cool beans. But if he was the ONLY one producing with the crapfest we had at QB, what does that make the other WRs? Stills is better although he was invisible most Sundays? He was off because of Cutler but Landry was force feeding himself the ball within 3 yards of the LOS? And hilarity ensues.

Just say you don't like him as a person and be done with it. Best of luck to him ... all that. No need to make **** up.

Landry's a good player but I don't want the Dolphins to put themselves in a bad salary cap position to retain him.

Rewind to this time last year and he wasn't worth it because he couldn't score TDs. Remember that? His skill set didn't lend itself to getting into the endzone. It was tragically stupid. People that think we're better off moving on will change the reasoning to fit the narrative.

You don't think he's important. Cool beans. But if he was the ONLY one producing with the crapfest we had at QB, what does that make the other WRs? Stills is better although he was invisible most Sundays? He was off because of Cutler but Landry was force feeding himself the ball within 3 yards of the LOS? And hilarity ensues.

Just say you don't like him as a person and be done with it. Best of luck to him ... all that. No need to make **** up.

The one knock I have on him on the field -- when the play's in progress -- is that he seems to have issues with option routes. I think that's something that with dedication and experience won't be an issue, but there have definitely been plays where the quarterback threw the ball as if he was going to break away from coverage, but he took his route right into coverage.

Landry is perfect if If your team lives on 3rd and 4 he may get 5 or 6 yards, or you can slip a screen in there and punt. That's the dude.

So you think Landry warrants a long term 14M per commitment?

When we have competent qb play? Everything, minus dumbing down our offense and 5 yard catches with a cloud of dust.

In one less season of NFL experience, Landry has 178 more catches, 453 more yards, and 4 less TDs than Stills. For just being a 5 yards a catch and dust guy, he somehow has better stats than Kenny.

I think we really backed ourselves into a corner with the Stills contract regarding Landry. I think $12 is the sweet spot. $14 is tough ... $15 is too much. Parker's development could also make it interesting. Have an out after a few seasons so you don't have $40 mil+ invested into one 3 man unit.

It's not an easy call. I mean, Tannenbaum will have final say as to what that contract looks like. Yikes.

People can argue back and forth about stats and production, but what you wrote is the bottom line.....and the question that needs to be answered. If he is looking for 13-14M per commitment, do you give it to him? I like the player a lot, that number not so much. I'm still sitting on the fence about it, but leaning towards keeping him and hoping for closer to 11-12M with more guaranteed money

Back
Top Bottom