So, Norv likes Brunell, what's left for us? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, Norv likes Brunell, what's left for us?

bigmiamifan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
We know that Norv said he wants Brunell, he may convince Davis that as well. So, if the Raiders do get Brunell, where does that leave us? I think no matter what, Jay is gone. Warner is staying, and so is Garcia. So, what are our legitimate choice if Brunell goes west?

I was so set on Brunell, now I'm going to be nervous until we sign him because he was the odds on favorite and possibly best option among FAs.

i say the raiders can have that old washed up has been.......our qb is not our primary concern despite all the qb talk goin on.......our primary offensive objective this offseason should be our o-line, if we wind up with a qb that can beat out fiedler than great, but no qb can preform behind that sorry excuse for an offensive line we field

Why do think Garcia will stay put? The Niners are over the cap, Rattay looks ready to take over, plus they need to resign Peterson & Barlow, & maybe Plummer, Streets, Webster, & Owens.

Brunell is not a certainty for them. Very good chance he still comes here.

I think we still have a better chance than Oakland. Remember, he wants to stay in FLA. And Oakland is about as far away from FLA as it gets.

Originally posted by Muck
I think we still have a better chance than Oakland. Remember, he wants to stay in FLA. And Oakland is about as far away from FLA as it gets.

Yup, there are a million reasons why we get Brunell instead of Oakland.
We offer better location, a better defense, and a better running game. We do not offer, competition with Rich Gannon or Al Davis.

Basically what it all comes down to is winning. Money is important, but Brunell is an older guy and winning it all is what's most important now, we also offer the best chance to win it all.

Expect Oakland to make a secret run at him, maybe not publicly to avoid a QB contraversy before they have the QB. But I would also expect him to be in Miami if miami really wants him.

I believe the ball is in our court. :up:

Mike Mcmahon would be a good pickup. He comes from the backup role and is versatile for our type of Offense. Is chaep and likely wont beat out Rivers in the end.:D

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

Yup, there are a million reasons why we get Brunell instead of Oakland.
We offer better location, a better defense, and a better running game. We do not offer, competition with Rich Gannon or Al Davis.

Basically what it all comes down to is winning. Money is important, but Brunell is an older guy and winning it all is what's most important now, we also offer the best chance to win it all.

Expect Oakland to make a secret run at him, maybe not publicly to avoid a QB contraversy before they have the QB. But I would also expect him to be in Miami if miami really wants him.

I believe the ball is in our court. :up:

And don't forget the famous NO STATE TAX

Brunell and his agent will use Oakland and Miami against each other to drive the price up...hence, Miami will drop out of the bidding.

I'm not a big advocate of Jeff Garcia...especially since Dan Marino said you need a great receiver like Terrell Owens. Signing Garcia would derail any chances of getting Owens. I'M NOT SAYING WE'RE GOING TO GO HEAVY AFTER OWENS...I HAVE NO INFORMATION TO BACK THAT UP! I'm just repeating what Danny Boy said on the pregame show a few weeks back. (I don't think Owens got a long with Trestman when he was in San Fran, anyway...he used to complain about his play calling.)

Billy Volek has been linked to Bill Parcells and the Pokes.

Mike McMahon is interesting. I think he could fit the bill.

I still expect the Bungles to put Jon Kitna on the street, too. A lot is invested in Carson Palmer.

And don't forget AJ Feely is a restricted free agent. I wouldn't expect the Eagles to put too much of a tag on him since they have $100 million invested in their starter (McNabb) and they love Detmer as his back up.

Has anyone else noticed that no other teams in the league are talking about the possibility of picking up Fiedler or Griese once they get released? Shows just how bad our QBs really are.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Why do think Garcia will stay put? The Niners are over the cap, Rattay looks ready to take over, plus they need to resign Peterson & Barlow, & maybe Plummer, Streets, Webster, & Owens.

According to ESPN TO said he won't be back with the 49ers unless Garcia is let go. Then ended by saying that Garcia isn't going anywhere so TO is on the way out.

Originally posted by steadfast
i say the raiders can have that old washed up has been.......our qb is not our primary concern despite all the qb talk goin on.......our primary offensive objective this offseason should be our o-line, if we wind up with a qb that can beat out fiedler than great, but no qb can preform behind that sorry excuse for an offensive line we field

It amazes me how people still are in Fiedler's corner after 4 years of watching subpar play and after listening to coaches admit that Norv Turner had to cut his playbook back to make up for Fiedler's weaknesses. :nono:

Kid yourself all you want but QB is in fact a major area in need of upgrade for this team to get over the top.

Back
Top Bottom