So the discussion going forward | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So the discussion going forward

Good list.

Williams was a stand out once he stopped dropping passes and really played well before the injury.
I didn't put Williams because I see him more as a lock. But I agree he's gonna get his due, once healthy again.

Harris looks like he could be a good depth player on the d line.

The Dolphins did an excellent job of building depth this year. Needham, Van Ginkel, Seiler, Biegel, Williams, Ford and Laird should get snaps next year.

I think one of the hardest decisions will be Albert Wilson.

Sure seems promising. Imagine once this roster gets some juice. Its gonna be fun. From today on its onward and upward. We made it through the year and now it's time for non stop draft talk til April! Yesssss!

I'm actually excited about the FA period for once )
Id be prepared to be underwhelmed. Not sure how big of players we will be in free agency. While I'd like to see some signings that help bolster the trenches, id also like to just not irresponsibly blow a majority of our cap space. That's old dolphins regime type of lunacy. The better question is what signing would get you pumped up?

I saw Van Ginkel in the back field a lot today, he missed one tackle on Michel, but had another for a loss of a yard. Another play he blew apart, letting Godchaux come in to clean up. I also always saw him around the ball. For his limited play this season, definitely think he can succeed in the long run.

Id be prepared to be underwhelmed. Not sure how big of players we will be in free agency. While I'd like to see some signings that help bolster the trenches, id also like to just not irresponsibly blow a majority of our cap space. That's old dolphins regime type of lunacy. The better question is what signing would get you pumped up?
Can't decide that until we see who is available but it seems linemen (of both varieties), perhaps a TE, a RB and collect some more DBs.

I am NOT an advocate for filling the roster with high priced FAs, that was done a few times with disastrous results.

You do have to have FAs to fill out your roster - upgrade positions and bring in competition as the situation warrants.

Returning players?
Fitz
Laird
Perrine
Cox
Parker
Ford
Williams
Gesicki
Boehm
Jesse Davis

D:
Wilkins
Godchaux
Van Ginkel
Baker
Biegel
Howard
Needham
Rowe

Thats primarily starters. The rest are backup or gone

We got some good play from lots of surprise players. The team cannot rest of its laurels though it has to upgrade where ever possible. That said Needham looks like he has a role here. What a turnaround.

what about yen WR core? They extended 3 players (Parker, Grant, Hurns), Wilson is signed through next year and Williams is expected back. Do we stand pat?

I found the progression of our DBs and secondary scheme interesting. I like the man press much more than that Cincinnati scheme we had from Philbin through Gase. (If only we had a pass rush)

also, I like that the guy Flores clearly identified in training camp actually developed into a player: Needham.

It follows the NE pattern of developing DB gems constantly.

Back
Top Bottom