So was Chad Henne the problem all along? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So was Chad Henne the problem all along?

Try to think of his initial 3 losses as the first team reps he should have gotten if Sparano had opened up the QB competition during what little preseason we had.

This would be as compared to his baptism by fire being thrown in to a winless and demoralized miasma where "before Matt" over 2 years, the team actually won fewer games in their home stadium than the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers.

Just some perspective :idk:

If this and if that. Lots of ifs with this guy. Coaches that get it aren't surrounded by lots of if questions. This guy time and time again has bumbled so many opportunities. Can't make excuses for this dude anymore. He's getting the same treatment from this fan base that Chad Henne got. No matter how bad Henne/Sparano is/was some dudes will find all kinds of reasons to defend failures until they're gone.

EVERYONE bangs on Bill Parcells failing here and then bolting. All of the draft picks, free agent pick ups, missing on guys like Jimmy Graham, etc., but yet Tony Sparano seems untouchable lol. Why? How?

62%. More mediocrity.

Not buying this crap.
Rex Ryan: .614
Belichick: .638
Sean Payton: .630
Andy Reid: .600
Just a few coaches that are around the 62% mark... Mediocre ...

If this and if that. Lots of ifs with this guy. Coaches that get it aren't surrounded by lots of if questions. This guy time and time again has bumbled so many opportunities. Can't make excuses for this dude anymore. He's getting the same treatment from this fan base that Chad Henne got. No matter how bad Henne/Sparano is/was some dudes will find all kinds of reasons to defend failures until they're gone.

EVERYONE bangs on Bill Parcells failing here and then bolting. All of the draft picks, free agent pick ups, missing on guys like Jimmy Graham, etc., but yet Tony Sparano seems untouchable lol. Why? How?

First I'm not defending Sparano.. i want him gone. But if "this guy" mean Moore, that's the perspective I'm offering up cause IMO what this guy's done beyond injecting some Tebow-like enthusiasm and leadership, cannot be minimized despite the areas of development on which he needs to work that someone like Dorrell probably can't help with. Yet there are Ryan fanboys who still find excuses to blame anyone but him whenever he crapped the bed like yesterday or failed to come up big when it counted like in the POs or in a championship against VT.

Just imagine how Moore would be abused if he did the "Melt It Like Matty" dance routine. IMO it's still even money between Jake and Melty on who wins a PO game first. :idk:

Rex Ryan: .614
Belichick: .638
Sean Payton: .630
Andy Reid: .600
Just a few coaches that are around the 62% mark... Mediocre ...

Now go back and get their records when they had decent QBs as you put it. Belichick had nothing in Cleveland.

You ready to admit that Mark Sanchez is a decent QB? Mike Vick is trash. Donovan was decent.

No. Henne didn't give up 3,325,689,415 yards per game at the beginning of the season.

Henne was a BIG problem, not the only one, but the biggest one. This is a QB league....ITS THAT SIMPLE.

Now go back and get their records when they had decent QBs as you put it. Belichick had nothing in Cleveland.

You ready to admit that Mark Sanchez is a decent QB? Mike Vick is trash. Donovan was decent.
Not even arguing that, I just found it funny that you would call a 62% record mediocre, whoever posted that, its far from mediocre IMO...

Henne was a lot of the problem with the OFFENSE. And the fact that Henne was responsible for teaching a new playbook to the rest of the players.

It doesn't explain the problems on the defensive side of the ball, though. That should have been an elite unit from the get-go. Now I suppose you can blame the lockout and lack of guys being in shape, but it's harder to blame defensive issues on Henne.

I don't think Henne was the problem. He played well the beginning of this year, but the defense didn't show up at that point. The reason our season has turned around is that our D has finally decided to start playing.

There is some truth to what you said. The defense wasn't playing good but neither was the offense. Now both units seem to be a lot more productive. I'm not gonna say that Henne was the root cause of the problem. I do feel that Moore's skill set is more conducive to what we are trying to do on the offensive side of the ball....

Anytime your QB's rating is below 80, he's going to be part of the problem.

Not even arguing that, I just found it funny that you would call a 62% record mediocre, whoever posted that, its far from mediocre IMO...

Thats a really small sample size my man. And an easy sample to pick apart at that. 11 of those wins came in an AFC East that had no Brady and playing arguably the easiest schedule in football.

I stand by what I said earlier. When it comes down to making coaching decisions in close games against good teams we will lose more often than not. Sparano has proven that much.

2008: Chad Pennington was the starting QB, and we went 11-5, and won the AFC East.

2009 & 2010 & Early 2011: Chad Henne was the starting QB, and we struggle.

Late 2011: Matt Moore takes over, and we start turning things around, and are now back to looking like a winning team.

So was Chad Henne the problem all along?

Yes.

But Chad Henne won a fair competition for the starting QB spot, guys.

More like it took 7 game for the OL to learn what Zone-Blocking really means.
That and Carey finally stated to play better.

If you can't keep your QB upright; it doesn't matter what the name on the back of the jersey says.

I'm not buying this argument. Belicheck had Kosar and Testaverde in Cleveland and went 5-11 with Bledsoe in his first year in New England. Those QB's were talented. Not an immortal player like Brady but much more talented than Henne. I'd bet that Kosar, Bledsoe and Testaverde combined threw for well over 100,000 yards.

Back
Top Bottom