So was Chad Henne the problem all along? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So was Chad Henne the problem all along?

I'm not buying this argument. Belicheck had Kosar and Testaverde in Cleveland and went 5-11 with Bledsoe in his first year in New England. Those QB's were talented. Not an immortal player like Brady but much more talented than Henne. I'd bet that Kosar, Bledsoe and Testaverde combined threw for well over 100,000 yards.

Kosar was total garbage at that point and his decision to get rid of Kosar was part of why he got run out of Cleveland.

Just like Chris Chambers was going to light it up, and Ronnie Brown was going to be a beast when he leaves here. Not going to happen. I could care less what they go do somewhere else, if they are not getting done here, get rid of them.

Wes Welker?

Henne was a lot of the problem with the OFFENSE. And the fact that Henne was responsible for teaching a new playbook to the rest of the players.

It doesn't explain the problems on the defensive side of the ball, though. That should have been an elite unit from the get-go. Now I suppose you can blame the lockout and lack of guys being in shape, but it's harder to blame defensive issues on Henne.

Apparently it isn't hard to blame Henne todays version of the Dolphin D is keeping teams out of the end zone the and TO battle is completely one sided - no contest - the D is night and day

Wes Welker?

I don't think Wes Welker is comparable to those other guys.

Chris Chambers, Ronnie Brown, and Chad Henne were big athletic freaks, with incredible pre-draft measurables (40 times or cannon arm), drafted in the 1st & 2nd rounds, and physically looked like potential super stars. And we waited & waited for them to turn that corner, and live up to their size/speed/arm strength hype, but they never did.

Guys like Wes Welker & Davone Bess are the opposite. They were small, slow 40 times, undrafted, and any productivity was a surprise.

Does anyone notice when nolans defense shows up we come home with the w?

2008: Chad Pennington was the starting QB, and we went 11-5, and won the AFC East.

2009 & 2010 & Early 2011: Chad Henne was the starting QB, and we struggle.

Late 2011: Matt Moore takes over, and we start turning things around, and are now back to looking like a winning team.

Henne was a big problem but not the entire reason we stunk.

2008: Chad Pennington was the starting QB, and we went 11-5, and won the AFC East.

2009 & 2010 & Early 2011: Chad Henne was the starting QB, and we struggle.

Late 2011: Matt Moore takes over, and we start turning things around, and are now back to looking like a winning team.

This post ignores the 0-3 start in 2009 with Pennington at the helm, along with the Baltimore playoff blowout in which the team looked nothing like a playoff team.

the problem was the offseason. common sense. hammy here hammy there, dansby 20 lbs over, quick get me hydrated.

yeah, henne was the prob. the defense sucked. henne and sparano are just punching bags. get over it. we are winning together....without the fans that is.

the problem was the offseason. common sense. hammy here hammy there, dansby 20 lbs over, quick get me hydrated.

yeah, henne was the prob. the defense sucked. henne and sparano are just punching bags. get over it. we are winning together....without the fans that is.

I bet you love them FGs, don't ya?

Yea, you right. Henne and the offense totally lit it up before the injury. Losing those 48-42 games sucks man.

Some of you dudes just can't figure it out. You don't know who to defend so you just defend whoever is in a Miami Dolphins uniform.

If Chad Henne weren't down for the season, you'd support player over coach. Guaranteed.

And the argument would be, "Chad Henne is being held back by Sparano, Henning, and Daboll! GET THIS MAN A COACH! He has a rocket arm!"

But now that he's done for and Sparano is "winning" with Matt Moore, you're looking to extend Sparano...because he's still here in Miami.

Try being a fan of the Miami Dolphins for a change...and not players and coaches. There's a world of difference in that.

Henne really had one bonehead mistake in 4 games and that was the throw against SD.

He was doing pretty well before his injury.

Back
Top Bottom