So was Chad Henne the problem all along? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So was Chad Henne the problem all along?

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
2008: Chad Pennington was the starting QB, and we went 11-5, and won the AFC East.

2009 & 2010 & Early 2011: Chad Henne was the starting QB, and we struggle.

Late 2011: Matt Moore takes over, and we start turning things around, and are now back to looking like a winning team.

So was Chad Henne the problem all along?

Half of the problem. The other one is Meatball.

Henne was A problem all along.

No idea how anyone defended that dude as long as they did. Had he not gotten injured, we might be winless and some would still find ways to give him an extension.

Here is the part that I would add it to this. Due to the lockout, teams had to gather around some of their leaders and get ready for the season. Even with all the talk about Chad Henne "running the team", they turned up out of shape and not ready.

Yes but you know what Henne reminds me of, a Ex girl friend you don't want to let go because if he has a good year with someone else you gonna miss him and say we should of never let him go. I would love to have him as a back up qb next year with a Rookie pushing him and M. Moore.

Yes but you know what Henne reminds me of, a Ex girl friend you don't want to let go because if he has a good year with someone else you gonna miss him and say we should of never let him go. I would love to have him as a back up qb next year with a Rookie pushing him and M. Moore.
Just like Chris Chambers was going to light it up, and Ronnie Brown was going to be a beast when he leaves here. Not going to happen. I could care less what they go do somewhere else, if they are not getting done here, get rid of them.

I don't think it was entirely Henne. That being said I feel that the other propblems we had with other players had to do with lack of confidence. The QB of a team has to be confident in his ability to lead the team. Henne lacked confidence in himself, and the players lacked confidence in him. Henne was a big factor why this team looked so bad. His physical ability and intangibles were always there but his mentality was pure crap.

I don't think Henne was the problem. He played well the beginning of this year, but the defense didn't show up at that point. The reason our season has turned around is that our D has finally decided to start playing.

4-4 with Matt Moore.

Guess that's winning by the standards of today's fan of the Miami Dolphins.

Try to think of his initial 3 losses as the first team reps he should have gotten if Sparano had opened up the QB competition during what little preseason we had.

This would be as compared to his baptism by fire being thrown in to a winless and demoralized miasma where "before Matt" over 2 years, the team actually won fewer games in their home stadium than the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers.

Just some perspective :idk:

4-4 with Matt Moore.

Guess that's winning by the standards of today's fan of the Miami Dolphins.
Ok, so 15-9 when he coached a team that wasnt Qb'd by Chad Henne...

Well sparano did prove he can win with a decent QB...

I could win games with a good QB. The question is, can he make the critical choices needed to beat other good teams in close games. The answer based on his history is a resounding "No."

Back
Top Bottom