So... we'll be about 23M over the cap. How do we address this? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So... we'll be about 23M over the cap. How do we address this?

People freaking out over the cap right when this team is in win now mode haha You empty the clip this year while Tua is on the rookie contract. We sink or swim this year. If Tua get injured again, you blow it all up again next offseason any way and the Cap isn't going to matter because we aren't gonna have to pay Tua.

When I start worrying about the made up cap ****, will be the day that I am not a fan of this sport.

Got your time foil hats ready? Fangio was committed to coming but not until 2023. You think Chubb's out of the blue signing was from Grier waking up in the middle of the night to pee and says "hey our secondary is a mash unit, gotta go find me a d-lineman?

Text message went like this... " Chris, get me a big Chubb". Source: Unconfirmed NFL exec.

People freaking out over the cap right when this team is in win now mode haha You empty the clip this year while Tua is on the rookie contract. We sink or swim this year. If Tua get injured again, you blow it all up again next offseason any way and the Cap isn't going to matter because we aren't gonna have to pay Tua.

When I start worrying about the made up cap ****, will be the day that I am not a fan of this sport.
Exactly! We are in our "window". Extend players, push salary down the road, etc... If Tua doesn't work out, then none of this matters. We don't have space to get an upgrade from Tua. Just tear it down and start over. Trade whoever you can for picks

Got your time foil hats ready? Fangio was committed to coming but not until 2023. You think Chubb's out of the blue signing was from Grier waking up in the middle of the night to pee and says "hey our secondary is a mash unit, gotta go find me a d-lineman?

Text message went like this... " Chris, get me a big Chubb". Source: Unconfirmed NFL exec.
Your sources are likely much more accurate than most media these days. 555 (only Heinrick and JamesWsenior will understand 555)

We’re definitely in a tight spot currently and in the future so this offseason will be a critical one.

I definitely see us restructuring some deals even tho it’ll jam us up in the future. I think that’s an okay thing to do considering our current situation to win now tho. We’ll just have to play it very smart.

This offseason needs to be the cherry on top. Get rid of as much dead weight as possible then use our money very wisely to fill out the roster. There’s no reason to hit a homerun this free agency. This free agency is all about getting rid of dead weight and bargain shopping.

I dont know if this has been brought up yet but form what I‘ve been able to read about Fangio is that he runs predominantly a zone scheme with some man coverage and a lot less blitzing than the Dolphins have done in the past.

I would think Grier would try to trade both Howard and Jones seeing that they are expensive press corners, which this new defensive scheme will not require. Zone corners are a lot less expensive than boundary press corners. Someone like Cam Sutton, who played predominantly zone for the Steelers is versatile & able to play both boundary & slot. Sutton is not a shutdown corner so he would come a lot cheaper than Howard and Jones and would fit the new defenses need. If Grier was able to unload Howard and Jones, he could gain draft capital with the trades, sign some capable less expensive zone DB’s and with the money left over, he could fill some of their other holes on the team like RT and MLB.

We already did what you are proposing, last year.

There is nothing made up about a hard cap in which guys like Emanuel Ogbah ($15M) and Cedrick Wilson ($7M) have guaranteed salaries that would be hard to convince someone else to take.

Your suggesting we take some of that guaranteed money and move it into the future, when those players won't be on the team and Tua will likely be making bigger coin? Doesn't seem prudent.

Compounding bad contracts into bigger mistakes isn't a recipe I'm down with.

The only good contracts on the team are rookie contracts. All of the veterans on the team have player friendly deals. Raheem Mostert is really the only quality signing we've made recently and of course he's no longer under contract.

We already did what you are proposing, last year.

There is nothing made up about a hard cap in which guys like Emanuel Ogbah ($15M) and Cedrick Wilson ($7M) have guaranteed salaries that would be hard to convince someone else to take.

Your suggesting we take some of that guaranteed money and move it into the future, when those players won't be on the team and Tua will likely be making bigger coin? Doesn't seem prudent.

Compounding bad contracts into bigger mistakes isn't a recipe I'm down with.

The only good contracts on the team are rookie contracts. All of the veterans on the team have player friendly deals. Raheem Mostert is really the only quality signing we've made recently and of course he's no longer under contract.
Stop making sense.....some people live in a fantasy world and don’t want to hear the truth.

That could be as soon as tomorrow. - LOL

Too close to how many of our posters think. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom