So What's The "real Deal" With Adam Gase? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So What's The "real Deal" With Adam Gase?

First I agree in game Gase has made good chess moves in game situations.
Second I believe Gase has a superior ego issue thus blinding him to personel. See Cutler and Thomas 2 players he thought he could rescue and the dozen or so of other prime players he let walk that were not his choices. Shula had ego Marinio had ego but when Shula discovered talent on any position on his team he elevated the talent to fit his team and did not jettison off the team because it threatened his leadership.
Third and foremost which has been my fear is that even uf Gase can elevate the team via his coaching talent he will continue to be hamstrung by the presence of Tannabum. Tannabum is a lead weight to this franchise and simply must go.

First I agree in game Gase has made good chess moves in game situations.
Second I believe Gase has a superior ego issue thus blinding him to personel. See Cutler and Thomas 2 players he thought he could rescue and the dozen or so of other prime players he let walk that were not his choices. Shula had ego Marinio had ego but when Shula discovered talent on any position on his team he elevated the talent to fit his team and did not jettison off the team because it threatened his leadership.
Third and foremost which has been my fear is that even uf Gase can elevate the team via his coaching talent he will continue to be hamstrung by the presence of Tannabum. Tannabum is a lead weight to this franchise and simply must go.

Oh, did you expect Miami to give up a first round pick for a player like Sam Bradford last year after our starting QB went down? That would have been a better decision, wouldn't it.

I would fire him yesterday because he has no track record. That reflects in weak staff, weak defense, unstable environment. And Id be excited to look for a real HC with track record like Chris Peterson, Dabo, even Belichick, he is having issues in NE. Id give him 50 mil for three years.

But, I like some things about Gase. I like that he cares about QB position, I like that he is vigilant and decisive about fixing problems. I love that he gave Drake the opportunity, that he kept Fales over Doughty, he clicks with Tannehill. He’s done some really positive things. So, I do agree, there are reasons to be optimistic and like him.

But to me it comes back to the bottom line. He doesnt have track record, and I would not fk around. I would go after a more serious headcoach who did not skip steps in life. But I definitely would not fire Gase to hire some other garbage project headcoach. I like him better than that.

Calling someone a meatball is racially derogatory?:rolleyes:

sadly in 2018 everything is derogatory. And I like Gase, I just think he acts too quickly sometimes without thinking things through. if we go 10-6 this year again and make it back to the playoffs it'll be right back to the honeymoon we were in a year ago at this time. no point in judging too much after flip flop 10-6/6-10 seasons. Some posters were calling for his head when we looked like crap the first couple weeks of 2016 with crazy play calling, just to be Johnson riding him by the end of the season. but I guess I must also like up/down, up/down because I was kind of heartbroken when the Charlotte Hornets fired their coach today who made the playoffs twice in his 5 years but has a .478 winning percentage. I guess I just don't like change

Lolwut! Absolutely hate the offseason....
Another way to put it is this. I have no issues with what Gase has done so far, since being hired. Other than frequent games last year in which we had 0 and 3 points at halftime. That can get old real quick.

I would fire him today for what he has not done before he was hired, which is he never headcoached a day in his life. He never won as head coach, never developed quarterbacks, never a built a great defense, never assembled and maintained great staff, never did what is required of a head coach.
And now we have to live through that virgin experience with him, and be faithful.
If I was the owner I would not do it.

Maybe a tad over sensitive?
OK. I get the cascading downward vortex theory BUT ------- WTF are you doing calling Tony Sparano a "meatball"?

Like the guy or not -- why get so obviously racially derogatory?

Maybe a tad over sensitive... LOL Some people find it endearing...

So you are telling us you are a fairweather fan(cautiously optomistic, realist,etc.) and are asking homers (diehards,fanatics) to persuade you.Why?

So you are telling us you are a fairweather fan(cautiously optomistic, realist,etc.) and are asking homers (diehards,fanatics) to persuade you.Why?

No. The question is WHAT makes some believe that Gase is something "special." I tried to list some qualities/attributes that a really good HC might have -- only as a guideline for peeps to "enlighten others" as to what they are missing about Gase.

My point is --- he still may prove to be a good HC --- but I can't tag him with a list of superlatives in any way shape or form...

Feel free to make your Gase case!

He's still pretty damn young for a head coach. Gase literally turned 40 this year so I think he's still learning/perfecting his coaching craft . Honestly, I am very excited about this upcoming season and think IF Tannehill can stay healthy , I think we are playoff bound once again .

I think thill17 hold key to Gase future in nfl as head coach....
Easily the best coach we have had since Shula.

Will win several Super Bowls as head whether here or with another team.

We are lucky to have him.

100% the real deal.
he is not better than jimmy Johnson

As a GM, NO ONE is.

I don't want to sit here and say anything negative about Johnson because I respect the hell out of him for the teams/talent he was able to assemble in Dallas and Miami. Clearly the best eye for talent in the past 30 years.

BUT

He could never run an offense like Adam Gase. What Gase has to become is a combination of Johnson and Norv Turner.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems Adam Gase has become a somewhat "polarizing force" around here. Of course, it's reasonable to believe a lot of that negative energy stems from Adam's less than stellar sophomoric Head Coach (HC) performance -- including a FORTY to ZERO embarrassment & extended losing streaks.

But let's not put humiliation ahead of our franchise's glaringly obvious dysfunction, which PREDATES the arrival of Adam Gase by many years (perhaps decades)!

That said. I still hope Adam Gase can become the HC us long-timers have hoped for since...well -- way before there was anything remotely like a "smart phone" or even the clapper!

Seriously. I'm interested in defining the notable "advantages" Gase brings to the table as the HC of my Yammie Dolphins! I especially ask this question to the "Gase Devotees" who (seemingly) believe Adam has accomplished (and therefore PROVEN) much more than the skeptics around here recognize.

But like they say -- perception is everything until you pay attention to the win/loss column.

So what is it about Gase that makes him an emerging "Great NFL HC!" Or, if you disagree, or a variation thereof, rate/berate the following (and feel free to add your own secret ingredients)!

Let's start at the "genius" level! Regarding "high level system architecture," Adam Gase can design innovative and highly effective Offensive and/or Defensive solutions! (Rating scale = 1-10 et cetera etc. and so forth and so on...)

Adam Gase has demonstrated a keen eye for talent! He's an excellent talent evaluator!

Adam Gase also excels at developing talent! He's demonstrated the ability/capacity to get the MOST out of a players skill set and natural abilities!

Adam Gase is a big time motivator! His team has proven to respond POSITIVELY when he mashes the throttle to the floor!

Adam Gase is a game planning Ninja! His team clearly and often demonstrates superior strategic preparedness and "arrives at the game" with an obvious schematic advantage!

In addition, Adam Gase makes highly effective game day adjustments and consistently demonstrates excellent game management! We know his presence on the sideline is a my Yammie advantage!

In that light, Adam Gase makes great "chess moves" during the game and consistently finds a way to actively/effectively "COACH" at every stage of the game!

Adam Gase's superior preparation is evident by the fact his team gets off to a "good start" at the beginning of the game -- and after halftime adjustments!

I could go on -- but I don't want to be self-indulgent!

Peace. Out. BNF.

One Coach i really loved was JJ, but Gase is young and a first time coach. he needs time to put it all together.

Back
Top Bottom