So whats the story? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So whats the story?

His Dudeness

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i see that KC and Surtain agreed on a contract extension, which means, most likely he will be traded to them, duh.. but for what?

we want a second round pick no? and they offered a 4th? so which is it? or somewhere in between?

From watching nfl total access last night they said nick wont back down from what he wants and that he shouldnt. They did not say what he was asking for but assume its a second rounder

If I was nick it would be picks next year also what does he have to lose, If they dont bite then surtain plays for the phins this year, the bad part is the cap hit if we dont trade him

But Isn't that the problem? The way I understood keeping him would create such a cap hit that we can't really afford it.:confused:

relax fellas ,i think I may have a way out of this situation. how about we trade surtain and eddie moore and they give us 5th and 6th rd pick this year and a 2nd and 5th next year?

The Miami Hearld said that Saban is asking for a 2nd rounder PLUS a mid rounder(probably 5th) for Surtain. KC on the other hand is only offering a 4th rounder. This will probably drag on until draft day since neither side seems to want to budge. Saban I believe will never budge(thank god) so it will come down to if KC really wants to improve or not.

Pat contract is not a probalem this year we are already under.
Thing is he is a FA next year so we are tring to get soemthing for him now.

Mindwarp said:
Pat contract is not a probalem this year we are already under.
Thing is he is a FA next year so we are tring to get soemthing for him now.
Actually it sort of is a problem this year. With him here we will have to probably cut a few players to make room for our draft picks. It is better for him to get traded now.

The fact that it is Vermeil's last year on his contract will probably affect how the Chief's negotiate here, and Saban knows it. The Cheifs have everything in place for a superbowl run except a shutdown corner and maybe a leader at LB. I think they'll offer a 2nd for Surtain sooner or later, simply because no rookie CB is likely to play at a Pro Bowl level next year. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Chiefs close the deal on Surtain before the draft (the ironing out of the contract specifics seems to indicate this).
Because this may be a do-or-die year for Kansas City, they'll want to keep this year's 2nd round pick in the hope of picking up an immediate contributor. But I think they'll part with next year's second, it's just a matter of time IMO, we just gotta wait it out. But Saban has also said we will be rebuilding through the draft, so we should get something this year (probably a fifth or sixth) because KC is making us wait a year for a decent pick in this scenario.
Let me hear whether you guys think this is a likely scenario, or a good idea for our team.

Right....and We Don't Have A Full Roster Yet

Back
Top Bottom