So, Where Do We Look When (if) Gase Goes? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, Where Do We Look When (if) Gase Goes?

I want somebody who preaches physicality. Somebody who understands the game is won in the trenches. But that coach also needs to have situational awareness and be better at adjustments. Sparano had the right idea, but he was terrible on game days. This team is too finesse right now.

I want somebody who preaches physicality. Somebody who understands the game is won in the trenches. But that coach also needs to have situational awareness and be better at adjustments. Sparano had the right idea, but he was terrible on game days. This team is too finesse right now.

Absolutely!

Gase needs to go coach some flag football. You don’t have to hit as hard as you can in practice but with all of the injuries that are piling up, it seems to me that our players aren’t ready for how for how physical gameday is.

Mike Shanahan or Rocky Long HC at SDSU he wins with 2 star kids.

I want Jim Harbaugh. Look at how is doing in Michigan now that he has a QB there. They destroyed Wisconsin last night.

I want an older HC with significant and successful HCing experience. Like an Andy Reid or something (not saying Andy Reid is coming but someone like him). Tired of these no experience first time head coaches! We always get screwed.

I want Jim Harbaugh. Look at how is doing in Michigan now that he has a QB there. They destroyed Wisconsin last night.

Man, college is harder than people think if you aren’t Bama or OSU. Schools like that get most of the top recruits. Can’t blame kids for it either. If you are a starter from one of those schools then you have a great chance of getting drafted. But, I would be on board with Harbaugh for sure.

Man, college is harder than people think if you aren’t Bama or OSU. Schools like that get most of the top recruits. Can’t blame kids for it either. If you are a starter from one of those schools then you have a great chance of getting drafted. But, I would be on board with Harbaugh for sure.

And with Harbaugh you would at least get a physical team. I’m tired of seeing these finesse head coaches like Philbin and Gase. It’s time for the Dolphins to get back to playing some physical football!

NO.....Harbaugh is an good college coach but, as shown already, he'll wear out his welcome with the players in the NFL unless he drastically changes his style. His in your face, over the top coaching style works with college kids but won't fly with multi-millionaire adult men. Old article but very telling as to why Harbaugh lost his mojo in the NFL:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...nsane-san-francisco-49ers-20150420-story.html

"He does a great job of giving you that spark, that initial boom," 49ers offensive lineman Alex Boone says ..... "But after a while, you just want to kick his ***. He just keeps pushing you, and you're like, 'Dude, we got over the mountain. Stop. Let go.' He kind of wore out his welcome."......'I think he just pushed guys too far," Boone said. "He wanted too much, demanded too much, expected too much. You know, 'We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this. We gotta go out and do this.' And you'd be like, 'This guy might be clinically insane. He's crazy.''

Harbaugh himself didn't deny his tendency to wear on people.

"They just don't want to be around you after a while," he said."

Back
Top Bottom