So who do you want to be our Kicker come week 1? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who do you want to be our Kicker come week 1?

Who is our Kicker for the Skins Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure who will kick against Tampa. Ideally Sturgis shanks one out of bounds on the opening kickoff.

I really like Franks, but his rookie status scares the hell out of me. If this team is going to achieve all its capable of, whoever our kicker is will have to make a clutch kick; be it to win as time runs out or hit that crucial extra point or whatever. We simply have not seen the kid in an NFL game with the potential fate of the team on his kicking leg.

I sure hope he's up to it.

I really like Franks, but his rookie status scares the hell out of me. If this team is going to achieve all its capable of, whoever our kicker is will have to make a clutch kick; be it to win as time runs out or hit that crucial extra point or whatever. We simply have not seen the kid in an NFL game with the potential fate of the team on his kicking leg.

I sure hope he's up to it.

Well we know Sturgis isn't clutch.

Frank's hit his FGs. Including a 51 yarder . I'll go with Frank's. Cheaper too

Wow, the poll results are very telling. Only 2 fans want Sturgis over an undrafted rookie who has only even attempted 2 kicks in a game.

I love the Gators and I am usually very biased when it comes to their players but in this circumstance cut Sturgis and give Franks the job

:idk:

camiseta-oficial-rawlings-miami-dolphins-ray-finkle-5210-MLA4292250767_052013-O.jpg

Wow, the poll results are very telling. Only 2 fans want Sturgis over an undrafted rookie who has only even attempted 2 kicks in a game.

Sturgis scares the heck out of people, myself included. Im worried if ge could even hit XP consistently. I was happy when we drafted him because he is a Gator but in two years he has been declining in every area

I love the Gators and I am usually very biased when it comes to their players but in this circumstance cut Sturgis and give Franks the job

Actually if you consider the "curcumstances" then it's Sturgis. :chuckle:

(Please view poll results for lame attempt at humor)

I just had a left field thought. Is it crazy to consider Miami rolls with both Kickers on the roster? I really like Franks and I think that we can run with him, but keep Sturgis as initial backup. If after a few NFL games Franks is kicking consistently well, we let Sturgis go.
Interesting to note that Buffalo played 2 kickers last season. Jordan Gay for the kickoffs and Carpenter for the goalkicking.

Only 2 of the first 50 votes are for Sturgis. Good God, man, you can't get this board to have that degree of agreement on practically anything else.

Back
Top Bottom