So who do you want to be our Kicker come week 1? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who do you want to be our Kicker come week 1?

Who is our Kicker for the Skins Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a proven kicker would be nice

Franks. Though I do think the anti-sturgis movement here is pretty extreme. I'll never understand how if Ireland felt compelled to draft a kicker, he'd choose sturgis over Hopkins. Never made sense to me. I don't think it was too good an idea either way but too late now. I'd rather continue to distance ourselves from that inadequate scouting dept and roll the dice with Franks.
Ireland was a former Kicker and he prided himself about fully understanding the game with zero emotion (the Kicker's perspective). Sturgis strikes me as unemotional as you get, so he probably really impressed Jeff. Sturgis was also a very good soccer player as a child. He actually represented the USA, so he was trained from an early age to believe in himself and to shut everything else out. Maybe Ireland had a strong connection with him.
Even under real competition currently from Franks, Caleb Sturgis will be like ice. They will probably each get a half against Tampa Bay, winner takes all.
I'm rooting for Franks but Sturgis will probably be hard to beat.

Later Sturgis , you are history :brewskis:

Good luck to Franks or whom ever ends up our long term kicker.

Guess the members knew judging from the poll results :)

qmgjs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom