So who's on the trading block next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who's on the trading block next year?

Kefer

Scout Team
Reaction score
We drafted a DE, MLB and a CB in rounds 2, 3 and 4.
Our highest priced players are DE, MLB and CB.

J Talyor $6.5 million
Z Thomas $5.8 Million
S Madison $6.3 Million

These are Clumpy's cap numbers for this year so they will be even higher next year.
Plus these guys aren't 24 years old anymore.
If Saban sent Surtain and his big salary packin why wouldn't he do it to these guys?
In Clumpy's latest cap report he didn't put in the cap savings if we let these players go. If there is a savings at all.
Seems like almost everyone liked the picks Saban made so if they pan out don't be surprised if 1 or 2 of our probowlers are on the trade block next year.

so what you just dont get rid of good players. Who will our defense consist of? Seriously they are a major reason why our defense is so good. You build your defense around them not to get rid of them.

I think Sam will finish his career here. Maybe Reggie Howard. Seau will retire. Maybe Marty Booker.

It will depend who restructures there contract and who has good players behind them. Madison will only go if some CB's step up. Taylor i could see going because we could actually get something for him

The only problem with the SYSTEM being used by New England ,Miami and Cleveland is that great players are not needed, only players that fit your system.

As a great hockey coach once said, ""I have never seen a system that great players can't beat". I think Nick needs to think about that a little.

Saban traded Surtain because he was too expensive to resign and wanted to get something for him before he became a free agent. Those three guys (ZT, JT, and Sam) are all under contract for years to come so it wouldn't be a matter of us not getting value for them.

he was way out of our reach for contract demands. The only person on that list I could see giving up is Madison. That wont work because we just got rid of Surtain. The problem with having Surtain left on the roster is we didnt have enough money to pass around to him. We already had our money tied around other players. Now we are in a good cap situation so why get rid of other players that mean a lot to this defense?

I would like to see Saban trade Jason Taylor for a first round pick in 2006. There are a lot of good LT prospects in next year's draft and Miami will need to grab one.

Calgaryfin said:
The only problem with the SYSTEM being used by New England ,Miami and Cleveland is that great players are not needed, only players that fit your system.

As a great hockey coach once said, ""I have never seen a system that great players can't beat". I think Nick needs to think about that a little.

Like Manning the MVP who could not beat New Englands system

Actually with Roth now on board you could see David Bowens released and I think that saves 1.9 mil. against the cap.

I can't see David Bowens staying on the team now with Roth being drafted.

Back
Top Bottom