So why not Moore? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So why not Moore?

With the INT today his season stats are still similar to Henne's career (4 TDs, 5 INTs). He's serviceable but nothing more

Yeah but most of Henne's production was in the first half, and he was statistically one of the worst QB's in the 4th quarter even dating back to last year. Henne producing a couple good drives in the first half usually just let teams know just how much they needed to beat us because he never provided that game-sealing or go ahead score late.

In my mind, the real stat that matters is two wins. You can downplay the teams they were against, but certainly the Browns Henne lost to were just as bad.

Moore is now 2-3 as Dolphins starter, but Henne is 0-5 in his last 5 Dolphins starts (not even counting SD which he didn't finish), had only won a single start out of his last 9 (that being a 10 point performance against the Jets), and that list includes teams like the Browns (twice), last year's 4-12 Bills, & last year's 6-10 Lions.

I´m not that down on Henne. I would take him over Eli for instance.

IMO He was just handcuffed by our coaching staff.

Just to clarify, I would take about 10-15 other QBs in front of Eli...

PLEASE tell me some of you are joking, right? Stop embracing mediocre-at-best QB's. We draft a rookie, we start that rookie. You don't sit him behind Matt Moore and suffer another 6-10 season.

Yeah, if we were playing the Steelers or Packers today, we would've gotten wrecked. Let's keep him. I think some Dolphins fans are just too used to watching poor QB play at this point that even mediocre QB play looks good.

Columbo and Carey are the weakest of the line..The right side..
no colombo and incognito are by far the worst olinemen.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

i would draft a qb first rd, and let moore be the stop gap guy untill he is ready

PLEASE tell me some of you are joking, right? Stop embracing mediocre-at-best QB's. We draft a rookie, we start that rookie. You don't sit him behind Matt Moore and suffer another 6-10 season.

Yeah, if we were playing the Steelers or Packers today, we would've gotten wrecked. Let's keep him. I think some Dolphins fans are just too used to watching poor QB play at this point that even mediocre QB play looks good.
imo there are three qbs that could start day one luck, weeden, and barkley. and we are still in the running for two of them.

No, that would be the Defense.

Yeah, the defense totally scored 31 points last game. I give credit to them for the big play today, but if we took their INT and the offense did nothing, don't you think Rex and the Redskins would have been right back at it and maybe not thrown the ball right to the defense after a good drive this time. Also, it's pretty hard to argue that Henne finished any of these games. Had he completed a single 10-15 yard pass against the Browns we would have had our first win a month and a half before we did.

In reality, both sides of the ball are finishing now. When Henne was in their, both sides weren't finishing, but you can't blame the defense for Henne not executing his end of the deal.

Moore is a back up. We need more talent at QB. Barkley or Weeden is our hope now.
The oline will never protect anyone until Colonblow is on the bench or off the team.
I kept wondering every time the Washington players blew past him to pressure Moore ...When will Garner replace him?
Colonblow must provide Tony with his stash or something..I can't understand or see any value in the guy.

Yeah, the defense totally scored 31 points last game. I give credit to them for the big play today, but if we took their INT and the offense did nothing, don't you think Rex and the Redskins would have been right back at it and maybe not thrown the ball right to the defense after a good drive this time. Also, it's pretty hard to argue that Henne finished any of these games. Had he completed a single 10-15 yard pass against the Browns we would have had our first win a month and a half before we did.

In reality, both sides of the ball are finishing now. When Henne was in their, both sides weren't finishing, but you can't blame the defense for Henne not executing his end of the deal.

you need to move past henne, everyone else has....

the defense didn't put up 31 points last game, I guess I have to give you that. BUT... they only GAVE up 3. not asking much for an offense to score 4 points to win a game is it? We lost the browns game a month and a half ago, I was over it a month and a half ago. we are a 2-7 team now, that's the reality of it. matt moore did nothing special today, just as a lot of us realists predicted he would do. for you to say matt moore finished that game is absurd... reggie bush is the reason we won the game today.

i'm pretty sure reggie bush finished that game.....

You mean Reggie Bush was the guy throwing passes of 11, 4, 12, and 21 yards in succession, not throwing an incomplete pass and driving 63 yards while getting only 3 yards on 4 carries from his running game before the end around? Bush is more talented than I thought.

If we are going to say why not Moore, then why not Henne? Moore had one great game this year, and a few decent ones. Henne had several good games, and one bad game.

Back
Top Bottom