So why not Moore? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So why not Moore?

I´m not that down on Henne. I would take him over Eli for instance.

IMO He was just handcuffed by our coaching staff.

Just to clarify, I would take about 10-15 other QBs in front of Eli...

eli is a top 10, possibly top 5, quarterback with a ring. are you high?

hahahahahaha... I know earlier in this post, or in another one about matt moore somebody was arguing with me about how eli didn't/couldn't make those BIG throws matt moore made yesterday... this after eli beat NE last week on a final drive, and than converted I think 2 or 3 4th down passes, before ultimately having the last one tipped at the LOS...

I would agree eli can be overrated, but he does have that ring, and He is better than any qb we have had since 1999.

Name 5 or 10 other qb's who led the game sealing drive on foxboro over the last 3 years? Chad henne over Eli are you ****ing kidding me?

IMO If I have any of those QBs, TODAY, I´m not trading for Eli:
Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Big Ben, Rivers, Peyton, Shaub, Ryan, Stafford, Bradford, Cutler, Newton maybe Romo and maybe Fitzpatrick.

I think Henne is still a better QB than Moore, but for the love of god draft a QB and have a real competition next year.

Is it the worst thing in the world to go into camp with Barkley, Moore, Henne and Devlin? Sounds like a good problem to have to be honest with you.

We'd be foolish to entertain the idea of going into next year w/o drafting a QB in the draft.

Matt Moore was placed in a no-lose situation. If he played well, he pleased his coaches. If he played poorly, he pleased his fans. The season was lost when he took over. There were no expectations. There was no pressure. He can handle these situations.

Look at 2009. He played great in the last three games of the season, when the Panthers were already 5-8 and out of it. They won these games, and in 2010 Moore was handed the starting job. With the expectations and pressure that come with starting a new season, he failed. He will fail next year in the same situation.

And besides, as fans we should be looking for a quarterback that can win games late for us, that can win in the playoffs for us. Can you see Matt Moore going to Pittsburgh in January and winning? That will never happen in his career, therefore ensuring that someone like Moore is not the answer.

He is certainly making a case, but we still need to see more outta Moore. He has potential, but if there is a cant miss QB then we have to take him regardless and let Moore play next season. Remember teams arent taking us seriously right now, but I would love to see him continue this great play the whole season. It wouldnt hurt to let a rookie sit next season, build up Moore's trade value and get somethign for him.

Matt Moore was placed in a no-lose situation. If he played well, he pleased his coaches. If he played poorly, he pleased his fans. The season was lost when he took over. There were no expectations. There was no pressure. He can handle these situations.

Look at 2009. He played great in the last three games of the season, when the Panthers were already 5-8 and out of it. They won these games, and in 2010 Moore was handed the starting job. With the expectations and pressure that come with starting a new season, he failed. He will fail next year in the same situation.

And besides, as fans we should be looking for a quarterback that can win games late for us, that can win in the playoffs for us. Can you see Matt Moore going to Pittsburgh in January and winning? That will never happen in his career, therefore ensuring that someone like Moore is not the answer.

David Garrard did it, I don't see why Matt Moore couldn't be given weapons, a competent oline and a solid defense and game manage his way in the playoffs.

Not ideal, but I wouldn't discount it.

That being said, to leave him unchallenged next year w/o a first round QB being selected is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom