So Williams listed as questionable? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Williams listed as questionable?

opticblazed

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
I see Preston listed as questionable. I should not be surprised but dang we haven't even played yet. I gave him till week 2 to get injured. I was too generous

I will be extremely surprised if he is still on the Dolphins next year. He is inconsistent as a receiver when he is on the field, but his biggest issue is actually getting and staying on the field because he is always injured. As Parcells stated, “ availability is the best ability”.

Hopefully whatever the issue is with his foot is something he can overcome and he can contribute on offense this year.

Is receiver Preston Williams listed as limited with a foot injury because of a new injury or because he’s coming back from foot surgery last November?

Flores suggested this is not a new injury, and that the Dolphins are being cautious as he works his way back from last year’s foot injury.

Flores said he’s comfortable playing Williams; he’s healthy enough.

I’m thinking he is probably inactive tomorrow.

Putting him on the IR for 3-4 weeks will give the team more time to decide on a more definitive release if he is kept. Personally, I don't want him back unless he is 100% better. If it is possible keep him on the IR till later in the season for that playoff push.

My understanding is that he has a lis franc injury. Those take a long time to recover from. The average NFL return for that injury is 11 months. Most likely he is not re-injured but rather he seems to be trying to return rather quickly.
I don’t know why this is so hard for so many to understand.

He should have been cut. Having him on the team is wasting a spot. You cannot help the team with potential.

My guess is turf toe.

It's the kind of foot injury that can be day-to-day for years.

It's really unfortunate that he can't get on the field, because when he's healthy, he's dominant, and a match up nightmare to 80% of DBs.

A 6'5 receiver that has some speed, is pretty good running routes, and is just a bit more concentration away from being perfect at catching everything thrown his way, is not good to see if your an O-coordinator.

Unless Willians makes a dramatic recovery, and has a stellar season, I agree he is going to have very small odds of still being on the team next year

I see Preston listed as questionable. I should not be surprised but dang we haven't even played yet. I gave him till week 2 to get injured. I was too generous
I don't think he has another injury, same injury as last season. As stated above they can take time to fully heal. Love how people use the injury issue in his first two seasons as a reason to get rid of Williams, but if the Chargers were to release Darwin James who has missed most of the prior two season, we would all be thrilled to add him to the secondary. Yes I get Williams and James are on different levels as players go, but if your main sticking point is WIlliams playing in 16 of a possible 32 than how could you overlook James playing in 5 of 32? I think in the 16 games Williams has played he has looked very roster worthy.

I wouldn't be shockd if he goes on the IR next week to make a roster space for Fuller. Don't need 7 active wrs. Put Williams on IR, give him time to heal up and then bring him back when one of the other 6 get injured at some point in the season.

Last edited:
I’m a big Williams fan so I’m happy he is on the roster. Lis franc injuries have a long recovery time. I hope he’s able to get back to his pre injury ability. He’s a big weapon when healthy. Go back and watch the Arizona game last year before the injury. He was excellent and Tua loved throwing to him.

God im sick of Preston Williams. Ive personally given up on the guy. He can't and won't stay healthy.

In my eyes hes a wasted roster spot. I hope he proves me wrong bc when he is healthy hes a good player.

Back
Top Bottom