Soccer: Confed Cup; Video Review | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Soccer: Confed Cup; Video Review

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
I like it. Twice video replay corrected an onfield decision and reversed goals scored. Twice they were right.

Now if we can add the goal line sensors we are set.

goal line technology is already a thing in the premier league but I remain bitterly against video for refs.

Referees get some **** wrong, that has always been part of the game since day 1 and you should have the same level of refereeing at every level not just the big teams that get on tv and can afford it

goal line technology is already a thing in the premier league but I remain bitterly against video for refs.

Referees get some **** wrong, that has always been part of the game since day 1 and you should have the same level of refereeing at every level not just the big teams that get on tv and can afford it
You will get used to it. The game needs to have that change. In the past you were watching games on TVs with tubes and low resolution. With HD, Super HD and 4k at home you can see every offside mistake being made. It is just fair that the refs get the same benefit rather than being trashed and harassed for a preventable mistake.

In regards to level: There is a lot more money involved in the top leagues and international soccer than on the lower levels. Much more at stake. Or do have implemented goal line technology to the lower levels in soccer in the UK?

You will get used to it. The game needs to have that change. In the past you were watching games on TVs with tubes and low resolution. With HD, Super HD and 4k at home you can see every offside mistake being made. It is just fair that the refs get the same benefit rather than being trashed and harassed for a preventable mistake.

In regards to level: There is a lot more money involved in the top leagues and international soccer than on the lower levels. Much more at stake. Or do have implemented goal line technology to the lower levels in soccer in the UK?

You can get used to many bad things but it doesnt mean you should. I have got used to constant delays between nfl snaps but it still makes me want to bang my head against the table

No idea how far down it goes, but again it highlights my point. Why should my local semi-pro team play under different rules than the premier league when its exactly the same sport? They shouldnt.

Manchester United and FC United of Manchester should play under exactlty the same rules and neither should have an unfair referee advantage

You can get used to many bad things but it doesnt mean you should. I have got used to constant delays between nfl snaps but it still makes me want to bang my head against the table

No idea how far down it goes, but again it highlights my point. Why should my local semi-pro team play under different rules than the premier league when its exactly the same sport? They shouldnt.

Manchester United and FC United of Manchester should play under exactlty the same rules and neither should have an unfair referee advantage
Then they should eliminate the goal line technology as well?

the teams ARE playing under the same rules. it's a matter of making sure you're getting those rules assessed correctly. IMO there's also no unfair referee advantage in giving the referee technological help to make his decisions in higher leagues, where the game is played faster than in lower leagues.

Back
Top Bottom