Solid article about Patriots players we may target in Free Agency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Solid article about Patriots players we may target in Free Agency

Hate the idea of massive contracts for any player other than QB. I'm done with those days, I never want to have any player that is the highest paid or even top 3 at his position on this roster unless its QB. So pass on Thuney for me.

Van Noy wont cost a ton since hes a specific scheme fit and wont have a too many suitors. Then I would double down with AJ Epenesa at 26 if he makes it there. He makes a lot of sense for the Pats at 23 though.

Would love to get McCourty on a 2 year deal.

Ted Karras (OC) is another FA Patriot I hope we can sign. He would be excellent depth and could compete for a starting position.

Spend on the cheaper positions - relatively speaking - in FA (TE, C, S, 2nd tier RB) and draft the expensive ones (OT, OG, CB, DE, DT).

Last edited:
I agree, Van Noy would be a good fit (and Coach Flores knows him and probably helped in his development at the Patriots). We have around $90M in our back pocket, I think we should aggressively pursue him. It might also piss off Belichick.

Anything we can do to strengthen ourselves and weaken the Patriots is a great move.

I would make offers to Connor McGovern (C from Den) and Graham Glasgow. Seems like Scarnecchica worked miracles in NE so their OL players scare me a bit. They went from good to sucking when he left and back to good when he returned. Certainly you have to weigh that with the tape and how they fit the scheme as well as how much they have learned from the GOAT.

I firmly believe that they are still cheating and that any of their players would perform at a lower level elsewhere. I’ve watched so many “quality” guys leave there and suddenly suck. I hope we don’t sign any pats

I firmly believe that they are still cheating and that any of their players would perform at a lower level elsewhere. I’ve watched so many “quality” guys leave there and suddenly suck. I hope we don’t sign any pats
Yes. It's the Vatican of cheating up there.

we should definitley go for Thuney and pay him. im fine with us not getting kyle since there is a ton of other players at his postion. i say we pay thuney at least 10M per yr

we should definitley go for Thuney and pay him. im fine with us not getting kyle since there is a ton of other players at his postion. i say we pay thuney at least 10M per yr

Hes going to command top 5 money which puts him around $13M a year.

The difference between elite coaching and everyone else. It's why guys like Damien Williams leave Miami and flourish in another environment.

But sure, you can call it "cheating" if you'd like.

Hes going to command top 5 money which puts him around $13M a year.

Well, If we're going to invest in a top QB then we better plan on protecting them this time around.
Supposedly, we have all this money. If so, then why no use it on a quality player at a position of need?

Well, If we're going to invest in a top QB then we better plan on protecting them this time around.
Supposedly, we have all this money. If so, then why no use it on a quality player at a position of need?

Not a fan of handing out massive contracts anymore. Even if a guy is a baller those massive contracts rarely if ever pan out. This league is about good coaching, it’s time to coach players up. Last year this staff showed some promise there. Hope they can build on that.

Not a fan of handing out massive contracts anymore. Even if a guy is a baller those massive contracts rarely if ever pan out. This league is about good coaching, it’s time to coach players up. Last year this staff showed some promise there. Hope they can build on that.

Maybe at other positons. But do you want an entire OL with "coaching" up guys to protect your franchise QB just coming off hip-injury?

Back
Top Bottom