Solid article about Patriots players we may target in Free Agency | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Solid article about Patriots players we may target in Free Agency

Not a fan of handing out massive contracts anymore. Even if a guy is a baller those massive contracts rarely if ever pan out. This league is about good coaching, it’s time to coach players up. Last year this staff showed some promise there. Hope they can build on that.

Not spending money on the OL in free agency would be pretty stupid. Last year they “coached up” the group to give up the most sacks with the fewest rushing yards and ypc in the league.The truth is they need to commit resources to the OL in both FA and early in the draft, this unit needs to be completely blown up.

Not spending money on the OL in free agency would be pretty stupid. Last year they “coached up” the group to give up the most sacks with the fewest rushing yards and ypc in the league.The truth is they need to commit resources to the OL in both FA and early in the draft, this unit needs to be completely blown up.

Exactly! There's only so much scheming you can do hide weaknesses. At some point you need guys that have some talent.

About the only place I would over spend in free agency is OL for reasons you guys have stated
Takes a while to develop the rookies

Didn’t say don’t spend money, but you also don’t have to hand out top 3 contracts.

oline is the most coachable position on the football field if you ask me and depends on scheme / overall offense.

rather spend big money (and draft early) on elite playmakers / defenders

Didn’t say don’t spend money, but you also don’t have to hand out top 3 contracts.

Good point fooz but there might only be a hand full available and you probably need 2 to be honest

Give 2 year contracts and replace with upcoming rookies after that

Atila, the phins coaching has certainly been poor and yes Belichick is quite talented but the patriots organization has continually had blood on their hands for the past 20 years.

Hate the idea of massive contracts for any player other than QB. I'm done with those days, I never want to have any player that is the highest paid or even top 3 at his position on this roster unless its QB. So pass on Thuney for me.

Van Noy wont cost a ton since hes a specific scheme fit and wont have a too many suitors. Then I would double down with AJ Epenesa at 26 if he makes it there. He makes a lot of sense for the Pats at 23 though.

Would love to get McCourty on a 2 year deal.

Ted Karras (OC) is another FA Patriot I hope we can sign. He would be excellent depth and could compete for a starting position.

Spend on the cheaper positions - relatively speaking - in FA (TE, C, S, 2nd tier RB) and draft the expensive ones (OT, OG, CB, DE, DT).

I'd love to see us sign Ted Karras III, for several reasons. My sisters used to babysit his dad (who ended up getting a Super Bowl ring with the Redskins) and his siblings. Very nice family, not to mention his great uncle was HOFer Alex Karras.

Maybe this off-season we can all speculate on if we can bring in Van Noy while also speculating who will play the "Van Noy" role everyday. Maybe it'll even be Van Noy??

IIRC Thuney was drafted in the 3rd and has started every game since he was drafted. He graduated cum laude in 3 years. Pay the man whatever it takes (within reason of course)! His addition makes us better and the Patriots worse. He should be a viable solution well into his 30's so I don't mind a long term contract at all.

Scherff is probably rated higher but he has had some injuries. Not as sure I'd be willing to pay his asking price. Maybe Schofield or Glasgow? Heck, even Finney.

Signing Thuney would be incredible! After that I wouldn't expect many more signings of that calibur. Adding Shelton with some of the young pieces we have on defense could really be a catalyst for development of the defense overall. Would be a great add for our roster.

Back
Top Bottom