[SOLVED] Jimmy Johnson? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[SOLVED] Jimmy Johnson?

Funny how some people failed to mention that Wanny and Spiel have been living off JJ drafts...

In the 4 years he was here he are the 'big' names he managed to draft:
- J.Taylor 3rd round
- Z.Thomas 5th round
- Sam Madison 2nd round
- Patrick Surtain 2nd round
- Derrick Rodgers 3rd round (starter for the Saints)
- Brent Smith 3rd round (starter for the Jets)
- Rob Konrad 2nd round
- Kenny Mixon 2nd round
- D. Gardener 1st round

In the 4 years Wanny N Spiel have been at the helm, here's how they drafted:
(Harder to evaluate since it takes 2 to 3 years to properly evaluate a draft accoding to the draftniks)

- Todd Wade 2nd round
- Chris Chambers 2nd round
- M.Greenwood 2nd round
- R. Mcmicheal 4th round
- L.Henry 7th round
- W. Smith 3rd round
- T.Whitley 3rd round
- S.Mckinney 3rd round

You could add Ricky and Junior to the list (traded for draft picks) but technicaly we knew what we were getting, so it's not an unknown as in a draft...

In retrospect JJ drafted 5 All-Pro's (First 4 names + Gardener who's since retired) and 4 solid players, while Wanny drafted 1 All-Pro (Mcmicheal) maybe 2 (CC) and 4 solid players (W.Smith, Whitley and Mckinney are on the bubble and could become 'solid' but certainly are miles away right now)

Jimmy sucks ? Sorry what he did was let his feelings (hiring his ol' D coordinator) get in the way of choosing a HC but to say he sucked is nonsense, he definately found some gems in the drafts....

are you guys kidding me , i would love for jj to come back as gm hc or both , which ever way we can get him back he'd do great .and maybe keep wanny as dc if jj came back ...

If you gave JJ one of those Ricky Williams Special Contracts with the "Got to Pay Us Back if You Retire" clauses, it might not be such a bad move.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I'd give Jimmy Johnson a 2nd chance. Last time he was here, it wasn't really his team (it was Shula's and Marino's). Jimmy wanted to start over at QB but couldn't do that at the expense of dissing our franchise's face. This time, he'll be able to do what he wants. I'd give him a 2nd chance, just my opinion!
What he said!

If Jimmy can get 8 draft picks for ex-Phinz RB R. Williams, I'll take him back. That's the only way he'll ever be able to build another winning NFL team IMO...

Had he not been able to pull off that blockbucter trade while coaching the Cowboys, they would have never been in a SB, and his repuation as GOD would have never happened....

Jimmy was a good college coach at UM, but his years in the NFL were a result of nothing more than an idiotic trade made by the Minnesota Vikings....

He was 1-15 as a HC in Dallas before that trade huge trade. I see many similar characterictics in this Phinz team today. He's overrated, and one of the worst offensive evaluators in the game IMO. His offensive draft picks in Miami were a joke. He also brought in some of the most underqualified assisants to run this team while he was the HC....

To top it all off, he lied to us. He ran away from troubled times by retireing, and promoted an idiotic DC by the name of Dave Bumstedt to replace him....

Thanks Jimmy!!! :yell:

PHINZ RULE....THE CELLAR. :cry:

All JJ said to Wayne was give him a shot.

WAYNE hired Wanny and should of fired him two years ago when he saw the team not getting better through draft picks and records.

You can't say JJ would not have won if not for that big trade. IMO he won faster because of it.

I'd welcome him back as GM. (Though I like what RS has done)

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Don't compare Wanny and Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy has won at every level, including college, and has 2 rings. He may be the reason we have Wanny as coach, but he's not the reason why this team is in the condition it is
If you just look at that that logic, maybe the Dolphins should look at Barry Switzer. Hey, he won a Super Bowl, also! </sarcasm>

BLITZKRIEG said:
Had he not been able to pull off that blockbucter trade while coaching the Cowboys, they would have never been in a SB, and his repuation as GOD would have never happened....
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom