Some College QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some College QBs

Mako

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here is a punative list of all the Senior QBs that are available for the picking in the NFL Draft. I apologize for the length of this, but Im just basically copy and pasting and trying not to jumble everything up.
____________________________________________________David Carr-Fresno State
Joe Harrington-Oregon
Kurt Kittner-Illinois
Eric Crouch- Nebraska
David Garrard-East Carolina
Rohan Davey-Louisiana State
Randy Fasani-Stanford
J.T. O'Sullivan-Cal-Davis
Patrick Ramsey-Tulane
David Neill-Nevada
Wayne Madkin-Mississippi State
George Godsey-Georgia Tech
Dusty Bonner-Valdosta State
Phil Petty-South Carolina
Major Applewhite-Texas
Ronald Curry-North Carolina
Gavin Hoffman-Pennsylvania
Jeff Kelly-Southern Mississippi
Jeff Aaron-Alabama Birmingham
Seth Burford-Cal Poly
Rob Harding-Mississippi Valley State
John Welsh-Idaho
Zak Kustok-Northwestern

To sum up the 411 on this list, Carr and Harrington, barring a Marinoesque fall, won't be around when Miami picks, and Eric Crouch's NFL future isn't at QB (WR or DE maybe), and unless Im mistaken Curry is going to the NBA. Im a huge fan of Kittner and Godsey, and think the two are going to be solid if not good NFL QBs. I think Davey too will be a solid QB if given the right system to work with, and I think Garrard (he had a hell of a game in the GMAC Bowl) and Fasini could be sleeper picks for the Dolphins to look at in the later rounds (Possibly the 4th or 5th Round should they drop that far).

I haven't kept up with any of the Underclassmen QBs that might have declared, amd Im not 100 percent sure on the Ronald Curry-NBA situation, so please feel free to correct me on this post.

Thanks!

great site...

I really like Rohan Davey - I have no idea what round he would go in, but he seemed like the kind of QB needed - big, strong, mobile and can throw.

Davey...

he's a 2nd rouder like Kittner i think

like you said, the guy has potential!!!

too bad we don't have a 2nd round pick....:rolleyes:

Only name I recognize other than Croch oops..I mean Crouch LOL :lol: Is Joe Harrington. He sounds like a good choice :D Any chance on getting Clinton Portis from the Canes?

I like Antwaan Randle-El, who can play QB and WR. He is a better runner and a way better thrower than Eric Crouch. A fifth round possibility.

My choices

I really like Rohan Davey, Kurt Kittner, Major Applewhite and David Carr.

Davey might be the most interesting fit, because I see quite a bit of potential there.

I know that WR is not our most pressing need, but I gotta believe that if Josh Reed is available, you have to take my word for it, he is absolutely awesome and would be quite tempting. I have seen Davey, Kittner, and Godsey live...and lets just say I don't like Godsey (He is a total system product)

Applewhite would be a steal in the late rounds since no one wants him because he didn't start his last two seasons.

Applewhite

Agreed, the only consideration is that he is really small.

However, he got shafted by Texas with Simms child who is a total bust right now.

Re: Applewhite

Originally posted by RHoffman
Agreed, the only consideration is that he is really small.

However, he got shafted by Texas with Simms child who is a total bust right now.

Chris Simms is not a bust, he just struggled against Colorado in the championship. He is gonna be a first round pick.

Anyway we can grab Clinton Portis from the draft? :confused:

Re: My choices

Originally posted by RHoffman
I really like Rohan Davey, Kurt Kittner, Major Applewhite and David Carr.

Davey might be the most interesting fit, because I see quite a bit of potential there.

I know that WR is not our most pressing need, but I gotta believe that if Josh Reed is available, you have to take my word for it, he is absolutely awesome and would be quite tempting. I have seen Davey, Kittner, and Godsey live...and lets just say I don't like Godsey (He is a total system product)

I am a big Rohan Davey fan, he reminds me a lot of Donovan McNabb/Daunte Culpepper, with the potential to be even better. In the same breath, I think Kittner is going to be the QB of this year's class that stands out the most in 5-10 years from now. He seems to be the one who appears most ready for the NFL right now. Both of their coaches, Nick Saban and Ron Turner, have NFL backgrounds and seem to run NFL Style Offenses. If they get the chance, Miami should grab either one. If Miami has a choice between the two, its a real toss-up. I think both will be very good NFL QBs.

I think Applewhite is a good QB, but I dont know if he's ever going to be your everyday NFL starter. He has a ton of heart and is a real team leader, but kinda reminds me too much of Josh Heupel.

Carr may be the best of the bunch in terms of talent and may have the best resume to show but I seriously doubt he will fall to Miami at 23. Stranger things have happened though.. I see Miami grabbing an O Lineman in the Draft with their first pick.

As for Josh Reed, if he does fall into Miami's lap that may put them in a pressing situation. They really need an Offensive Lineman and a run stopper for the Defense (Roy Williams or Rocky Calamus if they should fall this far) but Reed would put them in the situation to "Take the best player available" and hope to strike gold in the later rounds with the O Lineman-Run Stuffer. Can you picture Miami with Josh Reed and Chris Chambers lining up as Wide Outs? You could even go with the three wideout set and put Gadsen, McKnight or Ward in there.. That would be enough to make opposing defensive secondaries shake.

To the poster who mentioned Clinton Portis, I think he would be a reat pickup for the Phins. Ive heard he's drawn comparison to Edgerrin James and from seeing what I have of him he looks to be the prototypical style RB that the Dolphins are looking to grab. Having the UM roots wont hurt any either. Do you think he's going in Round One or do you think the Dolphins may luck out as they do in most years and trade for some second round draft picks. luck out and draft him then?

Back
Top Bottom