Some Doplhins news | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Doplhins news

I wouldn't mind getting another quality TE fairly early in the draft and teaming with Gesicki like Baltimore and Philly have now and NE did in the past with Gronk and Hernandez.
I would love to have a great tight end, but here is the problem. Chan Gailey just does not use the tight end as a main cog of his offense. The tight end is practically nonexistent.

We are paying half his salary next year either way.

Why would another team want to pick up the other half for a guy that hasn't been able to play a complete season for a few years now?

I think many ppl overestimate his true value, at this point in his career.

He's never been versatile, or a good cover guy. The one thing he could do is bring the lumber, and lately any time he does that, his shoulders give out. Besides that, here at least, he has a pi$$ poor attitude.
For the same reason we have Aqib Talib on our team.

There may be a team that would use use him for a comp pick.

We are paying half his salary next year either way.

Why would another team want to pick up the other half for a guy that hasn't been able to play a complete season for a few years now?

I think many ppl overestimate his true value, at this point in his career.

He's never been versatile, or a good cover guy. The one thing he could do is bring the lumber, and lately any time he does that, his shoulders give out. Besides that, here at least, he has a pi$$ poor attitude.
I think they're regretting that extension, at least the current regime.

I never said anything about first or second round but I certainly wouldn't just rule it out. It would be arrogant of this team to think that there is any position that couldn't use a talent upgrade.

It‘s in no way arrogant to understand and acknowledge that the WR group is in a whole lot better shape than other areas. That’s the point. And precisely why 1st and 2nd round should be ruled out.

You‘re completely missing the point. Nobody is suggesting that WR can’t be improved or upgraded. It’s just a helluva lot lower on the priority list.

Name another area that is in less need of improvement than the WR group. I guarantee it to be a very short list.

It‘s in no way arrogant to understand and acknowledge that the WR group is in a whole lot better shape than other areas. That’s the point. And precisely why 1st and 2nd round should be ruled out.

You‘re completely missing the point. Nobody is suggesting that WR can’t be improved or upgraded. It’s just a helluva lot lower on the priority list.

Name another area that is in less need of improvement than the WR group. I guarantee it to be a very short list.
There is no list.

Personally, I think the WR position should be completely ignored in the draft, unless one drops significantly, and that's not going to happen. Drafting a WR in this draft will be a mistake, as far as I'm concerned.

I also don't feel that wide receiver is a position that needs to be addressed with a first or second round pick, but I'm also not naïve enough to think Miami has something special going on with their wide receiver corps. Are you telling me that you wouldn't be okay with adding a talent similar to a Debo Samuels or an AJ Brown to this group? I know I would.
I agree. To some extent, you've got to follow the talent in the draft.

Dolphins should be careful and not rush Preston Williams back before he is more than 100%, he is extremely talented and I'm hoping his work ethic is 2nd to none.

Parker catches flack from Dolphins fans for not immediately being the receiver he is today which is a true #1, watching some of the cut-ups of him going against Stephon Gilmore from New England who is widely considered one of the best if not the best CB in the league and how easy and natural he beat the crap out of him was a marvel to watch, for the game he had 8 receptions for 137 yards, 1202 yards for the season averaging a whopping 16.7 per catch, were paying Parker 10 mil a yr and he is worth at least 16-18 mil. He has been nothing short of loyal to the Dolphins and played a prove it deal for 5 mil last year, wish every Dolphin player was as good to the Dolphins as Parker has been.

Reshad Jones shoulders are shot and he has had surgery on both and can't hit or stay healthy anymore, needless to say he took himself out of a game and refused to play when we were looking for room for Minkah Fitzpatrick to play, then he was no-show for OTA's when we hired Flores and the defense was changing schemes, was also a very hard bargain to sign even thou we always signed him early he demanded top dollar even though he couldn't cover the elite tight ends in the league, thats not to say he wasn't a top safety who was an excellent run stopper, great blitzer and team enforcer. Jones name should of been going on the ring of honor, i doubt that will happen.

Barry Jackson is an excellent reporter IMO, not an easy feat in today's digital world with so many of them throwing out click bait.

My draft hope is RB, inline TE, WR in that order, but if someone was to drop that's a different story

FA - I make a semi hard push for Amari Cooper if Dallas doesn't tag him, 14 -15 mil range - has the speed to compliment what we have now.

Dolphins should be careful and not rush Preston Williams back before he is more than 100%, he is extremely talented and I'm hoping his work ethic is 2nd to none.

Parker catches flack from Dolphins fans for not immediately being the receiver he is today which is a true #1, watching some of the cut-ups of him going against Stephon Gilmore from New England who is widely considered one of the best if not the best CB in the league and how easy and natural he beat the crap out of him was a marvel to watch, for the game he had 8 receptions for 137 yards, 1202 yards for the season averaging a whopping 16.7 per catch, were paying Parker 10 mil a yr and he is worth at least 16-18 mil. He has been nothing short of loyal to the Dolphins and played a prove it deal for 5 mil last year, wish every Dolphin player was as good to the Dolphins as Parker has been.

Reshad Jones shoulders are shot and he has had surgery on both and can't hit or stay healthy anymore, needless to say he took himself out of a game and refused to play when we were looking for room for Minkah Fitzpatrick to play, then he was no-show for OTA's when we hired Flores and the defense was changing schemes, was also a very hard bargain to sign even thou we always signed him early he demanded top dollar even though he couldn't cover the elite tight ends in the league, thats not to say he wasn't a top safety who was an excellent run stopper, great blitzer and team enforcer. Jones name should of been going on the ring of honor, i doubt that will happen.

Barry Jackson is an excellent reporter IMO, not an easy feat in today's digital world with so many of them throwing out click bait.

My draft hope is RB, inline TE, WR in that order, but if someone was to drop that's a different story

FA - I make a semi hard push for Amari Cooper if Dallas doesn't tag him, 14 -15 mil range - has the speed to compliment what we have now.
Don't rush a guy back before he's healed. Okay.

Amari Cooper has the speed to compliment our current WOs? As in, "Good job being just as fast as I am, while being twice my size?" If you mean complement, he isn't noticeably faster than our big WRs. Eventually, Miami needs a fast WR to complement our WR corps.

Screw Jones. Dude quit on the team. He's been drawing a huge pay check while sitting on the IR for how many seasons now? Ring of honor, my ass.

I never said anything about first or second round but I certainly wouldn't just rule it out. It would be arrogant of this team to think that there is any position that couldn't use a talent upgrade. Take a deeper look at this receiver corps. Williams is an undrafted rookie with character concerns in college and is now coming off an ACL injury. Parker isn't really a guy that gets a lot of separation and has a history of getting nagging injuries and, up until this past season, has been a disappointment. The rest of the group are just jags. So what's so special about this group that would preclude Miami from adding an influx of talent to it if the right situation presents itself?

JMHO, no one is saying Miami couldn't use a WR, only that other position needs are more pressing.

Ya that’s a no brainer. Can’t believe the amount of posters clammoring for a WR to be taken high.

History teaches some people nothing.

Year after year the star WRs drafted high are nowhere to be found in the postseason.
Davante Adams 2nd round
Sammy Watkins 1st round(4th overall)
DK Metcalf 2nd round
Deandre Hopkins 1st round
Deboo Samuel 2nd round
Marquise Brown 1st round
Will Fuller 1st round
Micheal Thomas 2nd round
Corey Davis 1st round(5th overall)
A.J Brown 2nd round

This is just 2019 playoffs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Davante Adams 2nd round
DK Metcalf 2nd round
Deboo Samuel 2nd round
Marquise Brown 1st round
Will Fuller 1st round
Micheal Thomas 2nd round
A.J Brown 2nd round

This is just 2019 playoffs... Maybe you shouldnt call other people nitwits and make false statements in the same post...

playing vs. making an impact are two different things.

By default the amount of teams in the postseason will have players drafted high.

The point is they don’t make a difference.

Hopkins is the best WR on that list and couldn’t do anything but watch the Chiefs close a 24-0 gap like it was nothing.

Almost an exactly similar situation occurred in the Falcons-Pats Super Bowl with Julio Jones and a blown 28-3 lead.

Doesn’t matter how talented the WRs are.

The position doesn’t make a big enough impact to warrant a high pick.

Sammy Watkins also a perfect example of why you don’t need to invest in that spot. KC got him for pennies on the dollar. You think Buffalo is happy for him or regret their decision?

He has the makings of a star if things work out. I would still like to add another receiver by the 3rd round though. Especially one who can really stretch the field.
I agree. To think we have WR filled up is foolish. This draft is crammer jammer'ed with great WRs. I'd take one in round two. Sure we have other holes but to find a solid WR is something we can't pass on.

Davante Adams 2nd round
DK Metcalf 2nd round
Deboo Samuel 2nd round
Marquise Brown 1st round
Will Fuller 1st round
Micheal Thomas 2nd round
A.J Brown 2nd round

This is just 2019 playoffs... Maybe you shouldnt call other people nitwits and make false statements in the same post...
:good:

playing vs. making an impact are two different things.

By default the amount of teams in the postseason will have players drafted high.

The point is they don’t make a difference.

Hopkins is the best WR on that list and couldn’t do anything but watch the Chiefs close a 24-0 gap like it was nothing.

Almost an exactly similar situation occurred in the Falcons-Pats Super Bowl with Julio Jones and a blown 28-3 lead.

Doesn’t matter how talented the WRs are.

The position doesn’t make a big enough impact to warrant a high pick.

Sammy Watkins also a perfect example of why you don’t need to invest in that spot. KC got him for pennies on the dollar. You think Buffalo is happy for him or regret their decision?
They don't make a difference? Do you WATCH the rest of the NFL? 49ers wouldn't have gotten to the SB without Deebo playing like he did. Adams is a huge threat for GB who at the very least sucks up the defense's #1 CB every game.

Last year Parker and Williams both had games where if the DB was alone with them that is where the ball was going and they won those match ups.

You can't double both of them if they're both on the field.

It's going to be a tough task to cover both if Williams comes back healthy.

Back
Top Bottom