Some Doplhins news | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Doplhins news

Sammy Watkins also a perfect example of why you don’t need to invest in that spot. KC got him for pennies on the dollar. You think Buffalo is happy for him or regret their decision?
"Sammy Watkins signed a 3 year, $48,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $21,000,000 signing bonus, $30,000,000 guaranteed "

Pennies on the dollar? 19M against the cap in 2019... Keep digging :lol:

"Sammy Watkins signed a 3 year, $48,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $21,000,000 signing bonus, $30,000,000 guaranteed "

Stop confusing ppl with the facts.

zi5e3202d0.gif

And he’s getting released soon why?

WRs just don’t matter when compared to every other position except K and Punter.

You can disagree, doesn’t really matter, just like WRs.

My opinion has more to do with the first round and early second. History shows nothing but regret for teams selecting WRs high. There is no arguing that.

That’s why Hines Ward has rings and Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins have what? Pro bowls.

Now if you have a HOF QB and multiple HOF skill position players like Indy and St.Louis did , you might win 1 title. If all goes right.

And FYI my “investment” comment was about draft capital. Not actual cash paid.

KC didn’t have to give up anything to get Watkins.

Buffalo used 2 firsts and got what?

Did anybody actually pay attention to what our offense looked like this season when Parker was out?

And we're pretending that WRs don't matter?

Calvin Johnson gave Stafford a 5,000 yard season. Randy Moss and Welker allowed Brady to go from a 3,500yd 24 TD QB to a 4,800 yard 50 TD QB in a single year.

WRs make it easy mode for the QB same as Oline. This is weird.

Watkins needs to take a pay cut to about 1/3 what he’s making now otherwise he gots to walk the plank.

it’s an easy cut.

And he’s getting released soon why?

WRs just don’t matter when compared to every other position except K and Punter.

You can disagree, doesn’t really matter, just like WRs.

My opinion has more to do with the first round and early second. History shows nothing but regret for teams selecting WRs high. There is no arguing that.

That’s why Hines Ward has rings and Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Deandre Hopkins have what? Pro bowls.

Now if you have a HOF QB and multiple HOF skill position players like Indy and St.Louis did , you might win 1 title. If all goes right.
Dude a 4th pick overall WR just got a ring literally 3 days ago.

Reality is I realize him in the minority when its comes to the value of WRs.
I don't think most ppl discount the position, so much as they feel there are a couple things that are far weaker than WR.

That's not to say there aren't question marks, and "jags", just that not everyone's priorities are the same.

I don't think most ppl discount the position, so much as they feel there are a couple things that are far weaker than WR.

That's not to say there aren't question marks, and "jags", just that not everyone's priorities are the same.
I agree, but when the guy says:
I mean, yeah, Im pretty much wasting my time here...

IMO they would be "foolish" to spend a rd1 or rd2 pick on a reciever, when they have so many more pressing needs.

This team goes nowhere without an O-line, and some semblance of a pass rush.

Yeah, the problem is you cannot just draft a guy and "stash" him in the minors. He either makes the team, gets cut or goes on the PS. They are so deep at WR I'm not sure who that drafted player beats out, even if they keep six.

Last year Parker and Williams both had games where if the DB was alone with them that is where the ball was going and they won those match ups.

You can't double both of them if they're both on the field.

It's going to be a tough task to cover both if Williams comes back healthy.
Sure. But who goes in when one of them gets hurt lets go grab another in this WR loaded draft. Lord forbid we have too many great WRs

Dolphins should be careful and not rush Preston Williams back before he is more than 100%, he is extremely talented and I'm hoping his work ethic is 2nd to none.

Parker catches flack from Dolphins fans for not immediately being the receiver he is today which is a true #1, watching some of the cut-ups of him going against Stephon Gilmore from New England who is widely considered one of the best if not the best CB in the league and how easy and natural he beat the crap out of him was a marvel to watch, for the game he had 8 receptions for 137 yards, 1202 yards for the season averaging a whopping 16.7 per catch, were paying Parker 10 mil a yr and he is worth at least 16-18 mil. He has been nothing short of loyal to the Dolphins and played a prove it deal for 5 mil last year, wish every Dolphin player was as good to the Dolphins as Parker has been.

Reshad Jones shoulders are shot and he has had surgery on both and can't hit or stay healthy anymore, needless to say he took himself out of a game and refused to play when we were looking for room for Minkah Fitzpatrick to play, then he was no-show for OTA's when we hired Flores and the defense was changing schemes, was also a very hard bargain to sign even thou we always signed him early he demanded top dollar even though he couldn't cover the elite tight ends in the league, thats not to say he wasn't a top safety who was an excellent run stopper, great blitzer and team enforcer. Jones name should of been going on the ring of honor, i doubt that will happen.

Barry Jackson is an excellent reporter IMO, not an easy feat in today's digital world with so many of them throwing out click bait.

My draft hope is RB, inline TE, WR in that order, but if someone was to drop that's a different story

FA - I make a semi hard push for Amari Cooper if Dallas doesn't tag him, 14 -15 mil range - has the speed to compliment what we have now.
Great post.

Back
Top Bottom