Some Doplhins news | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Doplhins news

Dude a 4th pick overall WR just got a ring literally 3 days ago.

with a different team than drafted him 4th overall.

if you want to sign a talented WR who didn’t work out on another team, then I’m ok with that.

Not using draft resources is the basis of this whole opinion.

He’s in the same group as Placico Burress with Giants and Alshon Jeffrey with the Eagles.

helping a team get over the jump vs. using first round picks are two different circumstances.

We don’t even have a franchise QB, starting RB, backup RB, let alone a single OL any other team would want.

Not even mentioning the defensive needs.

but ya, WRs are the way to rebuild. Lol. When it’s already your strength.

dig that hole at least 1” taller than you.

with a different team than drafted him 4th overall.

if you want to sign a talented WR who didn’t work out on another team, then I’m ok with that.

Not using draft resources is the basis of this whole opinion.

He’s in the same group as Placico Burress with Giants and Alshon Jeffrey with the Eagles.

helping a team get over the jump vs. using first round picks are two different circumstances.

We don’t even have a franchise QB, starting RB, backup RB, let alone a single OL any other team would want.

Not even mentioning the defensive needs.

but ya, WRs are the way to rebuild. Lol. When it’s already your strength.

dig that hole at least 1” taller than you.
Your original point:
Year after year the star WRs drafted high are nowhere to be found in the postseason.
The only reason I responded is because you called other people names in the same post you made this false statement. You should thank the mods for editing your post BTW. All you've been doing since then is backpedal and dig a hole...

WRs just don’t matter when compared to every other position except K and Punter.

Your original point:

The only reason I responded is because you called other people names in the same post you made this false statement. You should thank the mods for editing your post BTW. All you've been doing since then is backpedal and dig a hole...

I continue to cite specific examples in draft history where taking WRs early are failures despite the individual talent of that player.

where are the examples of teams drafting WRs and being happy with the post season impact?

again, outside of the Colts and Rams. Who again, were rife with hall of famers.

history says stay away from the position in the first round.

I continue to cite specific examples in draft history where taking WRs early are failures despite the individual talent of that player.

where are the examples of teams drafting WRs and being happy with the post season impact?

again, outside of the Colts and Rams. Who again, were rife with hall of famers.

history says stay away from the position in the first round.
Keep digging dude, keep digging... First 5 WRs taken in the last draft made the playoffs...

edit: This is my last comment in this specific discussion... Feel free to argue with youself going foward...

Your original point:

AKA, moving the goal posts

Keep digging dude, keep digging... First 5 WRs taken in the last draft made the playoffs...

edit: This is my last comment in this specific discussion... Feel free to argue with youself going foward...

Lol.

Nothing but MVPs and Hall of famers at QB.

But ya, obviously Deebo Samuel was the reason SF reached new heights.

AJ Brown and the Titans are why we should use a first on the position. Ok got it.

Lol.

Nothing but MVPs and Hall of famers at QB.

But ya, obviously Deebo Samuel was the reason SF reached new heights.

AJ Brown and the Titans are why we should use a first on the position. Ok got it.
So Tannehill leading the league in multiple statistical categories was because of himself and/or Derrick Henry only? Had nothing to do with having a 1k 8TD rookie WR?

Again, what a weird take.

So Tannehill leading the league in multiple statistical categories was because of himself and/or Derrick Henry only? Had nothing to do with having a 1k 8TD rookie WR?

Again, what a weird take.

Of course it did, that’s why second round WRs are such a better value than first rounders. If we’re gonna talk about Tennessee why not mention Corey Davis too?

we’re comparing complete teams to those completely bare of talent, outside of the WR position.

if you want to rebuild the roster and look at that position down the road, fine, that makes sense.

I really can’t believe ANYONE thinks we need to invest in WRs right now.

Of course it did, that’s why second round WRs are such a better value than first rounders. If we’re gonna talk about Tennessee why not mention Corey Davis too?

we’re comparing complete teams to those completely bare of talent, outside of the WR position.

if you want to rebuild the roster and look at that position down the road, fine, that makes sense.

I really can’t believe ANYONE thinks we need to invest in WRs right now.
Most people didn't think we needed to invest in WRs the year we used a 2nd rounder on Landry either and that was a steal. Sometimes you've got to take advantage of what's available in each draft and this draft is supposedly LOADED with WRs. Don't ignore what the opportunity cost brings you. Say you take a WR which makes Devante Parker's salary obsolete, so instead of paying him for a big extension, you get to use that big extension on a different position you deem more valuable than a WR, all while you've got your new WR on the cheap for years.

Yeah, the problem is you cannot just draft a guy and "stash" him in the minors. He either makes the team, gets cut or goes on the PS. They are so deep at WR I'm not sure who that drafted player beats out, even if they keep six.
Also, as i pointed out in a different discussion, there are only 10 PS spots, and besides being developmental, they are also training tools to simulate opponents during practice.

Most people didn't think we needed to invest in WRs the year we used a 2nd rounder on Landry either and that was a steal. Sometimes you've got to take advantage of what's available in each draft and this draft is supposedly LOADED with WRs. Don't ignore what the opportunity cost brings you. Say you take a WR which makes Devante Parker's salary obsolete, so instead of paying him for a big extension, you get to use that big extension on a different position you deem more valuable than a WR, all while you've got your new WR on the cheap for years.

Big difference between pick 57 where Landry went and picks 18 and 26.

A lot of talented WRs have come in the late second that represented great value. I’m on board with that but right now it’s just not in the cards.

RBs are just as good if not a better value in the 2nd so you gotta look there first, especially since you need two of them.

If we didn’t need EVERYTHING, it’d be a different conversation.

Back
Top Bottom