Some Doplhins news | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Doplhins news

Ricardo Louis WR, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins re-signed WR Ricardo Louis to a one-year, $660,000 contract.

Louis was an exclusive rights free agent. He missed all of 2019 with a knee issue after he was sidelined by a neck ailment in 2018. The ex-Brown turns 26 in March. Even in Miami, the ex-fourth rounder is probably a long shot to crack the 53-man roster.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Feb 4, 2020, 6:03 PM ET

I can't believe so many on here would completely ignore adding talent at the wide receiver position especially knowing this team is about to add a rookie QB to the roster. Why wouldn't you want to surround the young kid with as many weapons as possible to make his transition into the NFL as smooth as possible?

Of course it did, that’s why second round WRs are such a better value than first rounders. If we’re gonna talk about Tennessee why not mention Corey Davis too?

we’re comparing complete teams to those completely bare of talent, outside of the WR position.

if you want to rebuild the roster and look at that position down the road, fine, that makes sense.

I really can’t believe ANYONE thinks we need to invest in WRs right now.
Okay, now you admit WR could be good value in the second round? So why would you object to taking one if the draft board fell right? It's not like Miami's wide receiver corps doesn't have questions about it. The reason you would consider investing in WR now is this team is about to add a rookie QB to the roster. Why wouldn't you want to surround him with as many weapons as possible?

I can't believe so many on here would completely ignore adding talent at the wide receiver position especially knowing this team is about to add a rookie QB to the roster. Why wouldn't you want to surround the young kid with as many weapons as possible to make his transition into the NFL as smooth as possible?
Because most view the draft as a way to fix holes for the upcoming season... They want to plug the weakest parts first and work their way up... Our RBs suck so they're an important need, our WRs arent that bad so we NEED RBs over WR... I think thats a bad way to look at the draft but whatever...

Because most view the draft as a way to fix holes for the upcoming season... They want to plug the weakest parts first and work their way up... Our RBs suck so they're an important need, our WRs arent that bad so we NEED RBs over WR... I think thats a bad way to look at the draft but whatever...
I know why people think like that. I just hope this front office doesn't think like that. The organizations that think that way are usually the one's that aren't very good. Unfortunately, I'm afraid Miami is one of those organizations.

Itz how you end up 7-9.

Miami fans are stuck in the same hole the team's been in. If you draft for need you'll never have the best possible team you couldve had. I know for a fact you know that, but some people really just do not get it.

I know why people think like that. I just hope this front office doesn't think like that. The organizations that think that way are usually the one's that aren't very good. Unfortunately, I'm afraid Miami is one of those organizations.

I want to not have that thought...until they proved me right. Taking a non pass rushing DT in R1 last proved to me we'll never have this super explosive playmaker filled team.

Then I see they LOVE a particular big play qb and I get a little more excited.

But past experiences still sit in my head and I hope we do not have to relive them as fans.

The priority should absolutely be to build a top efficient passing game. Focus on QB, OL and WR... People would be surprised how everything gets easier once you have that. Having this part of the team perform at a top 5 level would improve the defense more than any couple of defensive players of your choice...

Just a quick look at 2019 splits gives you a glimpse of that, this takes litterally 2 minutes...

NFL QBs have an average rating of 114.7 with 8 YPA when playing with a lead
NFL QBs have an average rating of 79.6 with 6.8 YPA when trailing

This is such a massive gap... Focusing on scoring points is the fastest way to improve your whole team... Once it's accomplished, then start working on stopping the pass, it'll be a much easier task if your offense is already settled...

Last edited:

I'd say a strong weapon would be the opportunity to complete passes to the WRs you'd like to draft and that opportunity won't present itself without time and there will not be time without a line.

Another strong weapon would be the opportunity to stop offenses and get the ball back so those WRs you'd like to draft can have the opportunity to make catches and a line that produces pressure alongside DBs that can cover can better present said opportunities.

A high draft pick WR that will run perfect routes and have great hands will have little impact in a game wherein Tua is running for his life, Rosen getting murdered, or a Fitzpatrick having to make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

And even if the rookie WR is an all out monster scoring 4 TDs a game, we will lose by 5 TDs because we can't rush the QB and we can't cover.

I'd say a strong weapon would be the opportunity to complete passes to the WRs you'd like to draft and that opportunity won't present itself without time and there will not be time without a line.

Another strong weapon would be the opportunity to stop offenses and get the ball back so those WRs you'd like to draft can have the opportunity to make catches and a line that produces pressure alongside DBs that can cover can better present said opportunities.

A high draft pick WR that will run perfect routes and have great hands will have little impact in a game wherein Tua is running for his life, Rosen getting murdered, or a Fitzpatrick having to make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

And even if the rookie WR is an all out monster scoring 4 TDs a game, we will lose by 5 TDs because we can't rush the QB and we can't cover.
Did you ignore his last post on the subject on purpose? He just flat out agreed his priority was OL...

Did you ignore his last post on the subject on purpose? He just flat out agreed his priority was OL...

I was wrting my reply by then. Would you like to spank me for it, daddy?

Back
Top Bottom