Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

His intangibles are why I’d bet on him long term over any qb in the class. He’s just a primary read and take off with it qb right now but the pro style he fits and you can see where the progression stuff will come in time.

Alex Smith was a primary and take off with it qb coming out of Utah and he didn’t come from that pro style offense

Ideal fit for Miami scheme wise would be rosen. I’d bet anyone here right now though that either both these kids will get drafted top 3 as it stands or someone will trade up for them top 3

Take a look at Key Hoops if you have time, the whole consistency/inconstancy thing and the ‘star potential’ would worry me a little if he was the pick.

I think Rosen will be a Giant.

Makes sense provided they stick with a west coast and rac system

Cause his placement and pre snap reads are his biggest assets

They could sit him for a year under Eli too. But darnold could be the guy there too depending on what Cleveland does

Take a look at Key Hoops if you have time, the whole consistency/inconstancy thing and the ‘star potential’ would worry me a little if he was the pick.

Does he play mostly in a 3 or 4 point stance? Or is he ideal 2 point guy? If it’s 2 point miamis not gonna target him

Keep in mind also on the Roquan smith front there’s never been a 6 foot 1 225 lb lb drafted top 12 even. If there has someone let me know. So if it happens it’s gonna be telling about the quality of the class overall

I can’t ever recall it. That’s considered undersized in today’s nfl. And in miamis scheme too

Just something to consider. That’s why I’m very confident Roquan will be there at 11 in just about every other class

I smell a weight gain attempt prior to the combine but one that has to be wary not to scrape top end speed in the process

Does he play mostly in a 3 or 4 point stance? Or is he ideal 2 point guy? If it’s 2 point miamis not gonna target him

Probably better out of the 2 point stance, thin framed athletic rusher type I would say but seen him line up in both. Take a look, he reminds me a little of JT.

Last edited:
Keep in mind also on the Roquan smith front there’s never been a 6 foot 1 225 lb lb drafted top 12 even. If there has someone let me know. So if it happens it’s gonna be telling about the quality of the class overall

I can’t ever recall it. That’s considered undersized in today’s nfl. And in miamis scheme too

Just something to consider. That’s why I’m very confident Roquan will be there at 11 in just about every other class

I smell a weight gain attempt prior to the combine but one that has to be wary not to scrape top end speed in the process

What about Oakland taking him just before us? He did seem washed out in the first half on a bunch of plays but he could cover that TE we need, but I get it, not top 11 worthy.

He’s 20..he’ll fill out more. Just love his game.

What about Oakland taking him just before us? He did seem washed out in the first half on a bunch of plays but he could cover that TE we need, but I get it, not top 11 worthy.

Oakland makes sense there’s no denying that. They need lb help bad. It’s just not something I’ve ever seen top 10. That height weight speed is gonna be huge for him

Doesn’t look like he carries much weight in those lower legs

I think he’s gonna come in in the 6 foot range

Last edited:

It looks like a 34 olb to me probably weak side given the combination of length and by length I mean Gumby like length and explosion. Expect that kid to test well. I think 34 olb you can hide the height poa play more. That height and that weight leads to guys up under your pad level. I’d project that as a starting situational rusher out the gate as a rookie. The combo of length and explosion is impressive

I don’t think it’s in play to Miami

It looks like a 34 olb to me probably weak side given the combination of length and by length I mean Gumby like length and explosion. Expect that kid to test well. I think 34 olb you can hide the height poa play more. That height and that weight leads to guys up under your pad level. I’d project that as a starting situational rusher out the gate as a rookie. The combo of length and explosion is impressive

I don’t think it’s in play to Miami
Plus off field issues. After DJ no way they go that route.

His intangibles are why I’d bet on him long term over any qb in the class. He’s just a primary read and take off with it qb right now but the pro style he fits and you can see where the progression stuff will come in time.

Exactly. Intangibles are where Darnold dominates anyone in this class. I posted something similar in the Draft Forum a couple of weeks ago. He's such a gamer you don't worry about the long delivery. He'll get it done.

Josh Allen is the one with intangibles issues. Awesome arm but easily could be a career long tease. Shaky decision making, not particularly accurate, doesn't sense pressure well or protect himself well, and doesn't appear to be the most confident or assertive kid.

That's a tough call because he can make throws nobody else can make, in any league.

4 teams ahead of with big time QB needs - Cleveland, NYG, NYJ, Donkeys...though I think Denver would prefer to get a vet, maybe chase Cousins, that can perform while their D studs are still in their prime. AZ in the teens that could try to move up with Palmer retiring and a new coach coming on board. So 4-5 QBs off the board before us is possible and maybe even likely. Really hoping a difference maker on D drops to us...preferably someone who can cover TEs and RBs or get to the QB before he can throw to the open TE/RB!

I don’t know that minkah is quite as explosive as jalen Ramsey was. But he’s definitely more polished

I’d expect Jalen to test slightly better

Here is interesting scenario Chubb, Minkah, Derwin gone- board looks like:
Quentin Nelson
Orlando Brown
R. Smith
What do we do?

Back
Top Bottom