Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

I think Darnold stays at USC another year. Fins would do great to nab either Smith or Nelson. I think they'll be gone tho

take the guard. i heard he can block. 2nd round also take someone who can block. then we'll have two blockers. i'd start charging them 10k for every false start and holding call too. maybe we'll get lucky and Pouncey will go to the afterlife and try to free Hernandez before next season.

you think a guard will be one of the top 6 players in the country in this scenario? i don't think i'd take a guard at #11 in any scenario.

To be honest so far Smith has looked like crap against Oklahoma. But I'm watching the rest of the game and see how he does

Ozzy rules!!

Roquan Smith is probably best case scenario. I like Derwin James but we already have 2 strong safeties. Nelson looks good but that’s a bit high for a guard no matter how good he is. I agree all 4 qbs are going top ten and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone falls in love with Jackson and takes him early. What if Josh Allen or one of the other qbs are there at 11? Do we swing for the fences?

You do NOT waste a pick on a QB especially with all the holes we need to fix. A dream scenario is fixing the O-line once and for all and if that means taking Nelson so be it, as it is never to early to build up front. Ask Dallas if it is a big deal to have a strong o-line especially how awful they looked when they lost their LT this season.

No way we take a guard at 11. Not this FO and I believe he'll be gone anyway. Maybe to SF before us

Ozzy rules!!

We should be taking Roquan Smith out of Georgia. I would not be adverse to taking Quention Nelson out of Notre Dame either
these are my top 2 as well in the 11th spot if available. if by chance both are still there, I'd go with Quention Nelson over Smith only b/c Nelson is going to be all-pro ready coming out of college...with an athletic guard who can maul, we would be able to open up Gases playbook a little deeper.

No way we take a guard at 11. Not this FO and I believe he'll be gone anyway. Maybe to SF before us

Ozzy rules!!

Thing is SF kinda screwed up winning all those games totally are going to miss out on Barkley which would have been perfect to go with Jimmy G.

Roquan Smith seems a little small. He’s hyper athletic, but I question wether he’ll hold up against NFL players. I’m a bit nervous about him. I don’t think he’ll translate well at the NFL level. Nelson, if available is the surer prospect.

Keep on mind that if Landry leave it could change what we do. If he does leave then you consider Ridley and Sutton at 11. Ridley with Stills and Parker gets me exited with all that speed

Ozzy rules!!

Many of the early 2018 mock drafts have 4 QBs (Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen) and Saquon Barkley all possibly being selected prior to the 11th pick.

That would give us an opportunity to pick one of the top 6 position players.

Who do you like as the 6 best players coming out (non QB, non RB), knowing one of those players would be there for us in this scenario?
I want baker mayfield or Lamar Jackson

I don’t think the FO will pull the trigger on an OL at 11 but I wouldn’t mind getting some domination on the OL or DL, it’s been a while.

Smith would be here to cover a TE surely not a thumper type.

Roquan Smith seems a little small. He’s hyper athletic, but I question wether he’ll hold up against NFL players. I’m a bit nervous about him. I don’t think he’ll translate well at the NFL level. Nelson, if available is the surer prospect.
Agree about Smith. As far as taking a guard.....if we didn't take one when we took Harris last year then I highly doubt they'd take one at 11 if at all in the first round

Ozzy rules!!

Keep on mind that if Landry leave it could change what we do. If he does leave then you consider Ridley and Sutton at 11. Ridley with Stills and Parker gets me exited with all that speed

Ozzy rules!!
me too...I'm willing to see what Parker can do with RT17 both healthy. With Stills and Ridley, Parker would find much easier match ups than he had this year and could build some confidence early in the season...

take the guard. i heard he can block. 2nd round also take someone who can block. then we'll have two blockers. i'd start charging them 10k for every false start and holding call too. maybe we'll get lucky and Pouncey will go to the afterlife and try to free Hernandez before next season.
This post literally took a plot twist I didn't see coming. Good on you....

Malik Jefferson has the size to play in the NFL at LB. He’s also hyper athletic and only scratching the surface as an OLB. The question with Jefferson is consistency and he’s improved this year. I’d love a Jefferson and McMillan pairing on The Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom