Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

so here's a question with regards to minkah...if you are drafting him as a top 5 bpa where are you playing him? cause there's an awful lot nickel slot corner on this 2017 tape....and that isn't great bang for your top 5 grade buck

with ramsey he was drafted top 5 to play boundary corner...with minkah are you package playing him in different spots like bama used him or are you putting him at free and also having him man up the slot in the nickel? or are you going the boundary corner route?

obviously he's a jack of many trades...
I don't think that's going to be our problem anyway hoops. He should be long gone before our pick

Ozzy rules!!

Rare talent is rare talent regardless of position. You wouldn't trade up for the next leveon bell?

Granted RBs are easier to find so if you bust on an early one it's a little harder to swallow, but assuming Barkley is really that good there's no reason to avoid him just because he plays rb

Nope. I wouldn't trade up for Jim Brown. There is way too much evidence that good to great running backs can be found later in the draft. Not only would I not ever trade up in the first round for a running back, I would almost never take one in the first round. I also would never pay big money to a running back. They are pretty much a dime a dozen. Even if you don't have a workhorse running back, you can still have a productive running game with a group of diverse running backs like New England does.

Last edited:
I’m not so sure of that if he’s viewed as a nickel corner. Then he becomes competition for denzel ward. But I think unlike ward he will be viewed as someone with more versatility and as a result would carry a higher grade plus he has better size. Top 5 however hmmm I don’t know. Probably have to be viewed as a boundary corner to be there. Or as a elite free safety prospect that also mans the nickel slot

Last edited:
I am strongly of the opinion that one or more of the top QB are going to fall out of the top 10.

Let's put it this way: I am almost completely sold that *unless* Cleveland takes him at 1, Saquon Barkley will be #2.

That takes the Giants out of the picture. And while I wouldn't like to be in Cleveland if they don't take a QB with one of their top 2 picks, I could see it happening. Additionally, if Chubb is still on the board when the Jets pick...raise your hand if you're sure they still draft a QB. Yeah, me neither. I don't think there's any was Denver doesn't take a QB.

Point is...if ONE of those things happens, there's a top 4 QB dropping out of the top 10, barring a trade-up. If more than one happens...that could get real interesting.

That being said, I still want Roquon Smith. I don't want Josh Allen. I'd say Mayfield doesn't intrigue me, but I'd be lying. And how nice would it be to be sitting there at 11 with Mayfield and/or Allen still on the board, and Washington and Arizona calling your draft phone?

so here's a question with regards to minkah...if you are drafting him as a top 5 bpa where are you playing him? cause there's an awful lot nickel slot corner on this 2017 tape....and that isn't great bang for your top 5 grade buck

with ramsey he was drafted top 5 to play boundary corner...with minkah are you package playing him in different spots like bama used him or are you putting him at free and also having him man up the slot in the nickel? or are you going the boundary corner route?

I disagree about the bang for the top 5 buck.

Multi faceted player who could potentially be elite at the nickle.

I can count on one hand the number of quality nickle corners in football...

Isn't Mayfield going to the Senior Bowl, too? I thought I saw that and was really surprised.

Isn't Mayfield going to the Senior Bowl, too? I thought I saw that and was really surprised.

He should. The only two guys that shouldn’t and it’s not because they are juniors but because they both came out as top 5 picks are darnold and rosen. Guaranteed they both got told pre draft they are going top 5

Everyone else needs to show up and spin it.

and this is how you climb into the top 6

by going out there and showing off that howlitzer and having mayock say things like "teams just want to see him spin it"

I feel bad for whoever is gonna throw it with him in that setting ...it's gonna be like minor leagues
he has red flags all over the place. I dont see him as any more than a day three guy. Poor mechanics, inconsistent play and a reputation for not elevating his game against tough competition. Some team is going to pay big time for putting their faith in him

Derwin James would be an absolute steal at 11 if his knee checks out

I have no idea about taking a S or CB with our pick. It would kind of be like last year with Harris. It's a meh type of pick like is it going to change our team.

Taking Smith is the only thing that I think will elevate us at this point. If he is not there then we need to trade down.

I have no idea about taking a S or CB with our pick. It would kind of be like last year with Harris. It's a meh type of pick like is it going to change our team.

Taking Smith is the only thing that I think will elevate us at this point. If he is not there then we need to trade down.
Smith will be there but we'll pass on him

Ozzy rules!!

How would a safety with the ability to roam the field and cover TEs not change our team?

I disagree about the bang for the top 5 buck.

Multi faceted player who could potentially be elite at the nickle.

I can count on one hand the number of quality nickle corners in football...

As much as nickels play I get it. But while you are counting those on one hand also count for me the number of nickel corners who carried top 5 grades or went even top 8.

That kids multifaceted there’s no doubt about that but if I’m drafting him to be a nickel top 5 I’m not getting most bang for my buck.

If he wants top 5 money he needs to convince teams he’s a boundary corner or top shelf free safety. Even the safety stuff top 5 is hard to do. Nickel corner though that’s a tough sell

What’s not a tough sell is a every down 43 de plus run defender with yearly 8 to 12 sack potential like Bradley chubb. A 275 lb one no less.

As such depending on team needs I bet he gets his name called first

I see Minkah as captain of secondary. Play him at FS, lock him down on some slots & TEs. He's very good in run support. He destroyed Clemsons game plan by shutting down Renfro on critical 3rd downs. You take him and make it work.

Back
Top Bottom