Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

Marcus Davenport showing all power rush and 2 point stance

I’m starting to think it’s Arden key like best as a 34 olb fit

The height says 43 de but the 2 point stance and lack of rush arsenal say 34 olb

I think dport is better at the poa but that could be some level of competition stuff too

One thing I don’t like about Davenport his lower legs are like twiggs

As much as nickels play I get it. But while you are counting those on one hand also count for me the number of nickel corners who carried top 5 grades or went even top 8.

That kids multifaceted there’s no doubt about that but if I’m drafting him to be a nickel top 5 I’m not getting most bang for my buck.

If he wants top 5 money he needs to convince teams he’s a boundary corner or top shelf free safety. Even the safety stuff top 5 is hard to do. Nickel corner though that’s a tough sell

What’s not a tough sell is a every down 43 de plus run defender with yearly 8 to 12 sack potential like Bradley chubb. A 275 lb one no less.

As such depending on team needs I bet he gets his name called first
I certainly agree that he would have to prove some way he has potential to play one the boundary to merit the selection right now.

But I personally feel that his type of athlete, if he ended up elite nickle, could merit said pick long term. And certainly when you look at the complete lack of quality nickle play throughout the league.

But I could just be partial after watching NE ruin us in the slot for 15 years.

Davenport said something in his interview with Mayock and company the other day that tells me 43 de is the wrong fit in his head

Basically said if the tackle lines up deeper he has no choice but to 2 point

If Miami puts you out there to wide 9 in a 3 point they aren’t gonna want to hear after how you took the liberty based on tackle pre snap alignment to do it your way.

And if I’m drafting him at 11. That grade lies mostly in 2 point. Not gonna ask the kid to do something that is more projection than ideal fit for the grade in the first place.

I think I will pass at 11. It’s too high for projection

Is there a senior bowl thread? Surprised no one is talking about the game, who looked good etc

Davenport said something in his interview with Mayock and company the other day that tells me 43 de is the wrong fit in his head

If Miami puts you out there to wide 9 in a 3 point they aren’t gonna want to hear after how you took the liberty based on tackle pre snap alignment to do it your way.

And if I’m drafting him at 11. That grade lies mostly in 2 point. Not gonna ask the kid to do something that is more projection than ideal fit for the grade in the first place.

That may have just been what he's been coached so far to do. He might not be saying if my coaches tell me to do it one way not matter what I going to go against them and do it my way.

Two guys that I don't want after watching practices and Sr Bowl: Cole & ONeil on North Oline.

That may have just been what he's been coached so far to do. He might not be saying if my coaches tell me to do it one way not matter what I going to go against them and do it my way.

Yes I’m aware of that but why you gonna draft someone top 12 and ask him to be a projection?

I’m not

That Trequan Smith kid from UCF looks good. No idea what his draft value is. When we do move on from Landry we'll need a WR

I find Jeremy reeves interesting on this senior bowl tape also there’s a corner from Florida that looks like he might be a solid nickel slot

Will Hernandez I’m not sure I see the scheme fit.

Andrew browns a 1 gap penetrating dt I’d be interested in buying low on

Last edited:
I don’t see gronk at all he’s a monster. Andrews isn’t that but I think if you place the ball where you need to that kid will make a ton of plays

And I think tanny will do just that. Oj Howard was a stud no doubt but this isn’t the same class. I get that he went top 20 and I even had a top 10 grade on him but I’m looking for good football players that also fill needs I think mark Andrews is that

If I can trade to mid 20s and still pluck him of course that is ideal but if not I’d turn in that card

And I’m not afraid to fly solo on stuff like this

Good point, Hoops. Doesn't really matter where others have him if he fits like a glove. I also don't see Howard and not Gronk, but yes in the 20's that would be nice.

I still wouldn't be surprised, though, if Miami deals up for Baker Maysfield. I could see the team falling in love with him and wanting to jump the Jets to make it happen.

After watching senior bowl, I agree and he looks a bit more explosive in the 2 point stance.

Back
Top Bottom