Some facts I thought were interesting about the draft and our new young QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some facts I thought were interesting about the draft and our new young QB

electrolyte

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If we go back to the 2000 NFL draft (post-Marino)....you will see we have had an opportunity to draft a franchise changing QB every 3-4 seasons. No trading required, if the Dolphins just took the QB that we needed at our pick.. every 3-4 seasons, we had a shot at fixing our franchise. Sadly, we ignored it all these years. Here's the facts :

2000 Draft : Nothing
- Nobody for us at the pick. Only Chad Pennington was taken in the 1st round, and that was ahead of us. Brady doesn't count.

2001 Draft : -HERE IS OUR CHANCE!-
- At pick 26, we select Jamar Fletcher, defensive back. Michael Vick was taken #1 overall. The next QB to be taken? Six spots after our Fletcher pick, Drew Brees is taken by the Chargers. If we had drafted Brees.... franchise QB way back in 2001. Teams up with Ricky Williams. Oh, what could have been.

2002 Draft : Nothing
- Very weak year for QB's. Nobody at our pick.

2003 Draft : Nothing
- Another weak year for QB's. Nobody to take at our pick.

2004 Draft : Nothing
- Yet another weak year. Bills selected JP Losman a few picks after ours. Nobody to take.

2005 Draft : -HERE IS OUR CHANCE!-
- Top 2 Rated QB's this year - Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers. 49ers take Alex Smith #1 overall. We have the #2 pick and pass on Rodgers and take Ronnie Brown instead. Nuff Said. Exactly 4 seasons after our previous shot at a franchise QB in Drew Brees.

2006 Draft : Nothing
- We select Jason Allen, safety, at pick 16. No good QB prospect. Next QB taken is Kellen Clemens by the jests in round 2.

2007 Draft : Nothing
- We take Tedd Ginn Jr, WR at #9. No good prospects to take. Brady Quinn is taken by the Browns at #22.

2008 Draft : HERE IS OUR CHANCE!-
- We take Jake Long #1 overall, run with an old, recovering from injury Pennington and pass on future Pro Bowler Matt Ryan, who is taken by the Falcons #3 overall

2009 Draft : Nothing
- No good QB prospects to take at our pick. Weak year for QB's. Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman taken ahead of us, and we select the next QB by taking Pat White in round 2.

2010 Draft : Nothing
- Another weak year. No good prospects. QB's taken after our pick : Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen...

2011 Draft : Nothing
- Not much to take from.

2012 Draft : WE TOOK THE CHANCE THIS TIME! 3-4 seasons since our last chance.. and we take a chance on a great QB prospect in Tannehill.

IT IS DESTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad we took a chance. I just hope he develops into the franchise QB we need.

Back
Top Bottom