Some guarentees I will make right here and now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some guarentees I will make right here and now

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Guarentees for this season.

1- Lucas is terrible and won't be on this team next year as a second string quarterback. If he is fortunate enough to even keep a job it will be 3rd stringer at best.

2- This team will not make the playoffs this year. Lucas allows defenses to stack the line. We can't win with that imbecile as our qb. Early draft pick next year.

3- We will draft offensive linemen and a rookie qb next spring.

4- Wannstedt will be GONE after this season. He ha smade some good personal moves and some TERRIBLE ones as well. He cannot rally this team together, therefore it is time to get someone else in here.

5- Cris Carter was the worst signing next to Lucas we could have made. I bet he doesn't play one more down for us. Mark my words, we are spending money on a guy who won't do jack for our team.

6-Zack Thomas will be injured or worn down at season's end. Defense is playing too long out there. He is gonna get beat up again.

7-Defense will be broken up at season's end. Salary cap hell is among us next season. We aren't going naywhere this season. Don't be surprised to see some players cut and go elsewhere when they don't want to restructure for a sub par team.

tru but i dont agree with all of it, i was thinking about WANNSTEDT tho hes a good coach but he isnt a SB coach....at leats not yet! I agree we needa better draft and not make ricky run over 1500 this yr so we can have our 1st...we need OLINE and QB also some LBs

WANNSTEDY is a *****. When players make bad mistakes and turnovers he looks at them with a mad look on his face, we need someone to go up and yell in Rays face like Gruden or someone would. Get the message to the players to wake up and play good. He doesnt do ****.

I pretty much disagree with every point.

1 - Lucas didn't play great, but he didn't lose this game.
2 - too early to say that. Big logjam in the AFC Beast.
3 - We'll definitely look at O-Line, but I doubt we go QB unless somebody drops. LB is a need, too.
4 - You're talking emotionally. Wanny isn't leaving and he's done a far better job with this team than Shula (sacreligious as it sounds) did in his last few years or JJ did at all.
5 - Every team in the NFL has dead cap money. Unless there's a serious kidney problem, Carter will be back.....and will make plays.
6 - Can't disagree here. But could we please defend a screen. I keep having Jim Kelly/Thurman Thomas flashbacks.
7 - Salary cap hell is every year. For the most part Wannspiel do and are doing a good job of managing it.

I only agree with your first prediction but the rest I strongly disagree.Ray Lucas shouldn't be back here next year and probably won't be...

I agree with every one except the salary cap hell. We are in pretty good shape, I have to say if we lose another game...I'd like to see RW get his carries reduced so he doesn't get 1200 yards either.

I disagree with 4 things. I doubt Wannstedt will be let go after the season! If Dave Campo, ect can make it, he can. Cris Carter is not our worst signed player. Hes no 'that' bad, yet. Finally, Salary cap hell... WTF! We CAN talk with Madison's, ects agents to lower to contracts. Oh yeah, Lucas wasn't that bad today! In fact, he was pretty good in this game. (Take out the last drive's play) Also, Some teams would kill for Lucas... (Bengals - So way Kitna - you had a good game virsus the TEXANS - Wow! He's pretty good)

Come on CC84! I agree that Lucas did not play that bad tonight but no team in the NFL would Kill to get him. Thats a crazy statement! Not even the Bungles

No team in their right mind would kill to get Lucas so the Bengals probably would.

I agree that Wanny has had some good players come in since his tenure but I have a sneaking suspicion that he isn't the braintrust behind these moves. I lean toawrds Speilman moreso than Wanny.

Lucas didn't singlehandedly lose this game and he played better but if he can't finish off a drive then get him out of here. By the way, but I think I may recall LUCAS being the one who fumbled the ball to the JETS on our own 6 yard line. The defense played great and really only gave up 6 points due to field goals. Lucas should take the heat for the touchdown.

People might argue that Chambers touchdown was a robbery, that is debatable, I think he bobled it as much as I would have loved to get the extra 4. By the way, our combined scoring output since Lucas took over? 30 Points in three games. I think we were coming close to averaging that a game with Fiedler and Gadsen. Pathetic.

Wanny hasn't proven that he can win when it counts. He has even pushed the Decmeber swoon p to November. He needs to be replaced.

It is obvious that this team has very little depth. Our starting unit when healthy across the board is outstanding. There is quite a big dropoff though to the second tier. The exceptions being tight end and maybe defensive line.

Madison, Taylor, Thomas, Surtain. Anyone know how much of a hit these players are going to cost us next year before adjusting their contracts? I don't think we keep these guys since they want to win. Lets face it, they aren't old farts but they aren't getting any younger or closer to the big dance.

Cris Carter isn't going to be a factor. I think everyone knows my position on him. He said himself he needed a few weeks to get ready. Well this Lung thing is going to set him back even further. I don't wish him any harm, I just wish him gone from this team.

There is a big logjam in the East. That is the problem. We should have no less than a two game lead right now. Instead, through percentages we are in second place with Buffalo who holds the head to head advantage against us. Realistically, we are in third place with the Jets one game back and playing well. That is why I guarentee no playoffs. By the way anyone think momentum might have to do with this. Jets have played great the last 3 weeks. Patriots won a big game in comeback fashion today. The Bills have one more games this year than anyone thought they would. We are in serious trouble here and by the time Fiedler comes back, it will be to late to right this ship bacause it will have sunk.

P.S. Shula's final years were not that hot, however, once again I think someone else, such as Huizenga, had a lot of tlaking in his ear and Shula overpaid to try and save his job. Nonetheless it was time for him to go as it is time for Wanny to go.

I think we need to sign a veteran journeyman QB to backup Fielder next year,someone who can come in and be ready to take the job if worse comes to worse,i mean,draft a QB? That'll take major preparations for the guy to be ready.If we sign a journeyman(better than Lucas) at least his experience will help and he wont take much time to adjust.

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - Lucas didn't play great, but he didn't lose this game.
if ray doesn't fumble, the jets don't get a td. the fins win 10-6 or 10-9. if lucas doesn't throw the last 2 passes to the gophers, the fins still had a chance.

there were other factors, but those are the biggest and foremost!:rolleyes:

last time i checked wannstedt had back to back 11-5 seasons...j.j never went 11-5 with the dolphins... be careful what you wish for...a lot of dol-fans wanted fiedler replaced...look what has happened...if jay was in we would be 7-2 right now...

Originally posted by chambers84
I just can't wait until Jay gets back.
i have a little replica of a dolphin player, the legs, arms and head are attached with velcro so they can be ripped off, all i have to do is sew a #6 on it! i don't know if it will make me feel better, but i sure will have more fun than i've had watching the last 3 games!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom